Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
26-05-2014, 04:48 AM
RE: Arizona Inmates on Bread & Water for defacing flag
I want a citation for this:

Quote:Scandinavians are easily controlled wimps. That's why rehabilitation there "works".

A bunch of murderers and rapists as described in the article about the Norwegian prison, do not sound to me like 'easily controlled wimps'. On the other hand they do become productive members of society again, with a low reoffense rate.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 06:05 AM
(26-05-2014 04:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  I want a citation for this:

Quote:Scandinavians are easily controlled wimps. That's why rehabilitation there "works".

A bunch of murderers and rapists as described in the article about the Norwegian prison, do not sound to me like 'easily controlled wimps'. On the other hand they do become productive members of society again, with a low reoffense rate.

The reason is because the non recidivists are not that messed up to begin with. The actual psychopaths.... and low IQ people, will never, ever be rehabilitated - although the psychopaths will likely be able to convince the authorities that they are good to go....and the wimpy Scandinavian authorities will fall for it.

In the US we have far more people in the system who are non-rehabilitative.
26-05-2014, 06:23 AM
(26-05-2014 04:02 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 08:08 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Now that I think about it why doesn't the U.S give this a try?

Several reasons.

1) They have a disconnection from reality opinion that everyone was brought up in a middle income household.
2) For-profit prisons. It's bad for business if there's no criminals to detain.
3) There's a culture of "eye for an eye" and petty revenge.
4) It's 'Murica, they believe they lead the world in everything and the way they go about preventing crime is the best possible way of doing it when in reality all they lead in is military spending and being fat.

So can you see anything changing the U.S.'s mind on this?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-05-2014, 07:29 AM
(26-05-2014 04:37 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 04:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're mistaking "docile" for "happy".
And "easily controlled wimps" for "doesn't live in a fucked up country, so can live contently in a sensible country".

Strawman response, but Scandinavians have a high suicide rate, and high depression relative to their perfect utopia lifestyle.

And they aren't reproducing their wonderful selves. Check it out.

Suicide rates per capita:
33rd: USA
35th: Norway
41st: Denmark
44th: Sweden
109th: Haiti

Looks to me like the suicide rate is higher in the US.

So... wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...icide_rate

And the US is the most depressed country in the world.

So... wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/15/depress...essed.html

Quote:The reason is because the non recidivists are not that messed up to begin with. The actual psychopaths.... and low IQ people, will never, ever be rehabilitated - although the psychopaths will likely be able to convince the authorities that they are good to go....and the wimpy Scandinavian authorities will fall for it.

And you base this on what..?
Your outdated crude 'Murican opinion towards prisons systems?
You going to go dynamite fishing later and come home after and do some work around the trailer park? Followed by a shotgun wedding between your cousin and your grandmother later that evening?

Quote:So can you see anything changing the U.S.'s mind on this?

Not while you have private prisons.
It's like a double slap because you have this public opinion that more cells is better than rehabilitation and you also have private prisons donating money to state governors and other politicians. The end result is the failing American prison system.
If you do away with privately run prisons you as a state have more control (for starters) and the money is more carefully looked at by the public. People can see "X amount of my tax payer money is achieving Y" and they'll want less X and more Y and the solution to less X and more Y is rehabilitation and solving core issues to prevent future crime.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
29-05-2014, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 03:38 AM by Juv.)
(26-05-2014 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Suicide rates per capita:
33rd: USA
35th: Norway
41st: Denmark
44th: Sweden
109th: Haiti

Looks to me like the suicide rate is higher in the US.

So... wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...icide_rate

And the US is the most depressed country in the world.

So... wrong.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/02/15/depress...essed.html
More straw is piling up, but it's cool, I can understand, anger makes things more difficult.

At any rate,I never claimed America was less depressed or suicidal; just said Scandinavia was those things, relative to their very high standard of living.
29-05-2014, 03:27 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2014 03:39 AM by Juv.)
(26-05-2014 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:The reason is because the non recidivists are not that messed up to begin with. The actual psychopaths.... and low IQ people, will never, ever be rehabilitated - although the psychopaths will likely be able to convince the authorities that they are good to go....and the wimpy Scandinavian authorities will fall for it.

And you base this on what..?
Your outdated crude 'Murican opinion towards prisons systems?
Yes, but there's more! You spend a lot of time online, so it will be easy for you to to check out data which shows in a politically incorrect way... that Americans are less intelligent, more corrupt, and more violent than Scandinavians.

And that is why we can't have what they have.
29-05-2014, 03:34 AM
(26-05-2014 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You going to go dynamite fishing later and come home after and do some work around the trailer park? Followed by a shotgun wedding between your cousin and your grandmother later that evening?
No way, mate.

My cousin and grandmother give me their sweet twats with no strings attached. Marriage would ruin a good thing.Facepalm

Just being related is all the commitment we need.
29-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Bro, you lost. You tried to make an argument but you were proven wrong and got school.
Just accept it, let it go and move on, everyone else has.
31-05-2014, 04:37 AM
(29-05-2014 06:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bro, you lost. You tried to make an argument but you were proven wrong and got school.

Why this change of heart?
31-05-2014, 04:53 AM
(31-05-2014 04:37 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 06:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bro, you lost. You tried to make an argument but you were proven wrong and got school.

Why this change of heart?

Because you're an idiot and I don't want to waste my time arguing with you.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post