Arizona Senate Votes To Seize Assets of Protesters When Protests Turn Violent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 09:42 PM
RE: Arizona Senate Votes To Seize Assets of Protesters When Protests Turn Violent
(23-02-2017 08:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  Gestapo tactics meant to squash people's right to free speech and free assembly.

Which is why, if passed it will be struck down, pronto. It's obviously unconstitutional. It's unreasonable, arbitrary and capricious. It's a political stunt.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-02-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: Arizona Senate Votes To Seize Assets of Protesters When Protests Turn Violent
(23-02-2017 09:41 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Can't possibly survive a court challenge.

But in the meanwhile, many people's lives will be hijacked. It's a terrible law.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Wow. A bill that clobbers free speech and due process in one blow. I need to go donate some more to the ACLU. Shocking
[+] 5 users Like Dorsie's post
23-02-2017, 10:02 PM
Maybe it's a desperate attempt to suppress public outcry against this regime before it turns into outright revolt.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
24-02-2017, 01:34 AM
Fascism is still alive I see.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-02-2017, 06:25 AM
It's the flip side of the same coin.

Some legislators think they can "do anything it takes" - to - "keep America safe".

and

Some protestors think they can inflict any mayhem they want "because I've got a right to express myself".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-02-2017, 06:34 AM
I thought the prevailing assumption was that the left wing protesters all lived in their parents' basements and had no assets Consider

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
24-02-2017, 07:22 AM
(24-02-2017 06:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I thought the prevailing assumption was that the left wing protesters all lived in their parents' basements and had no assets Consider

Under asset forfeiture laws, you seize the parents' homes then...heh. Seconding "what the fuckity fuck" and that it wouldn't survive a court challenge if it passes the Arizona House. But still so disturbingly flirting with what fascists do. (Then again, it's the Arizona GOP...they don't have the best record.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-02-2017, 07:25 AM
It's trying to circumvent the constitution by not outright denying 1st amendment rights but penalizing them on a very broad scale of possibilities.

That's a fascist attempt if there ever was one.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post