Ark encounter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Ark encounter
As many of you know, the organization Answers in Genesis is building a full size replica of Noah’s ark. The ark is almost completed and is scheduled to be open to visitors on July 7. You can learn the details at https://arkencounter.com/. The flood lasted just a little over one year, but during that year the rapid burial of living creatures produced most of the fossils we find today and the geography of the earth was changed.

Knowing whether the flood occurred is essential to accurately measuring the age of the earth. If there was no flood then it would have taken millions of years to form the vast number of fossils that we find and to shape the earth into its present condition. On the other hand, if there was a flood it is possible that the earth is only a few thousand years old, as the Bible says.

Knowing there was a flood not only shows that the earth is younger than most people believe but it also shows that God is concerned about the way we live and will judge us. The rainbow is a sign that God will never send a flood that will destroy all life on earth. The next judgment will be by fire.

The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true. Here is some more information about the ark and the flood on the Answers in Genesis website.

https://answersingenesis.org/search/?csr...ah%27s+ark

https://answersingenesis.org/search/?csr...ll&q=flood

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 08:54 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Ark encounter
LOL
Complete BS.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674871

It is not a "replica", as there was no original.
The flood myth was taken, in many ways, almost verbatum, from the 11th Tablet of the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh.
http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/meso.../tab11.htm
If I were a theist, I wouldn't go around advertising the (supposed) monstrous acts of a deity that makes mistakes, and drowns babies.

Theophilus, do you ever plan on growing up ?
There is no way that this would prove anything. You're saying that Potterworld proves Harry to be true.
The geology and paleontology here is utter CRAP.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-06-2016, 08:06 AM
I'd ask you if you were joking, but sadly I don't think you are.
01-06-2016, 08:23 AM
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true.

How about we see if it floats then?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
01-06-2016, 08:33 AM
I'll bet you still believe in the Easter Bunny......

Because there's just as much proof for that.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-06-2016, 08:43 AM
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true.

The story of the flood is exactly that: a story. An exaggerated tale based on an historical event.

Propagating such as historical fact is an act of stupidity that should be a criminal offense.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 11:48 AM by pablo.)
If anything the exhibit proves the story is NOT true.
How long did it take to build with a huge construction crew with modern machinery?
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-06-2016, 08:47 AM
(01-06-2016 08:43 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  An exaggerated tale based on an historical event.

AFAIK there's no confirmed link to an actual historical event? I know there are multiple flood accounts from different sources.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-06-2016, 08:51 AM
(01-06-2016 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:43 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  An exaggerated tale based on an historical event.

AFAIK there's no confirmed link to an actual historical event? I know there are multiple flood accounts from different sources.

It's my understanding that scientists have confirmed there was a really bad flood in that area around 6000-7000 years ago. The people caught in it probably did think the whole world was flooded.

But like you said, every region is going to have stories about flooding, and the worst flood they ever experienced, etc.

I'll see if I can find the links/articles. It's been a while since I read them.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-06-2016, 09:08 AM
OK, here's one of the articles.

Flood Myths

Quote:Excavations in Iraq have revealed evidence of localized flooding at Shuruppak (modern Tell Fara, Iraq) and various other Sumerian cities. A layer of riverine sediments, radiocarbon dated to about 2900 BC, interrupts the continuity of settlement, extending as far north as the city of Kish, which took over hegemony after the flood. Polychrome pottery from the Jemdet Nasr period (3000-2900 BC) was discovered immediately below the Shuruppak flood stratum. Other sites, such as Ur, Kish, Uruk, Lagash, and Ninevah, all present evidence of flooding. However, this evidence comes from different time periods. Geologically, the Shuruppak flood coincides with the 5.9 kiloyear event at the end of the Older Peron. It would seem to have been a localised event caused through the damming of the Kurun through the spread of dunes, flooding into the Tigris, and simultaneous heavy rainfall in the Nineveh region, spilling across into the Euphrates. In Israel, there is no such evidence of a widespread flood. Given the similarities in the Mesopotamian flood story and the Biblical account, it would seem that they have a common origin in the memories of the Shuruppak account.

[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post