Ark encounter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Ark encounter
(21-07-2016 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I listened to Seth's most recent podcast last night which was about the Ark Encounter's opening. Aron Ra and some others were there and it appears the whole thing is a real bust. No big crowds, things were poorly done, things incomplete...it sounded like it was a bigger joke than expected.

It sounds like it's so cheesy that even the most ardent believers wouldn't be able to take any of it seriously.

What would be really ironic is if this causes people to read the story and realize that Ham isn't out of line with his angle relative to what the bible actually says.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
21-07-2016, 10:47 AM
(21-07-2016 09:20 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If you think the ark is bad; this is apparently the next bit of bilge from AIG

Genesis: The Movie

"Insights from top creation scientists" Laughat
"Literal Biblical precision" Laughat
This is a parody, hehe, right...........right? Gasp

I just asked Snopes to check it out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2016, 11:21 AM
(21-07-2016 09:20 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 05:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If you think the ark is bad; this is apparently the next bit of bilge from AIG

Genesis: The Movie

"Insights from top creation scientists" Laughat
"Literal Biblical precision" Laughat
This is a parody, hehe, right...........right? Gasp

We can only hope...

I first heard about it from Aron Ra's site

If it is a poe they are going above and beyond
http://creationtoday.org/will-the-genesi...-accurate/

I don't see anything about it on the AIG website though

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-07-2016, 11:40 AM
(21-07-2016 09:26 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I listened to Seth's most recent podcast last night which was about the Ark Encounter's opening. Aron Ra and some others were there and it appears the whole thing is a real bust. No big crowds, things were poorly done, things incomplete...it sounded like it was a bigger joke than expected.

It sounds like it's so cheesy that even the most ardent believers wouldn't be able to take any of it seriously.

I'm not too sure how anyone could get "cheezier" than Genesis. Tongue
It's like Cheetos. It's "dangerously cheezy".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2016, 09:21 AM
My parents are going to go see this today. Inb4 they try to 'educate' me. I already have rebuttals in mind.

Worst part is, they're leaving me home alone while I'm still having panic attacks due to just being by myself Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
22-07-2016, 06:36 PM
(22-07-2016 09:21 AM)Loom Wrote:  My parents are going to go see this today. Inb4 they try to 'educate' me. I already have rebuttals in mind.

Worst part is, they're leaving me home alone while I'm still having panic attacks due to just being by myself Sad

*hugs* Sorry to hear about the anxiety being that bad. It can't help to know what you'll face when they return.

Might I suggest getting a physics book that covers the equations for atmospheric pressure and the amount of heat released by condensation? They're both relatively straightforward calculations. It could provide a good prop to point at directly while you explain to them how the changes they're alleging happened to the earth would have boiled everyone alive.

Since I can't predict what exact route they will use to try to sway you, with their freshly-armed arsenal of "evidence", I suggest you read up on websites like the TalkOrigins archive, which also contains an excellent list of rebuttal questions to ask them.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
23-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Sorry Loom, doesn't sound nice of your parents to do that while you're having anxiety issues. Sad

I loved also how the porta-potty guy canceled on them, after signing a contract, because he religiously couldn't deliver his goods to anyone protesting Noah's Ark...

Also, sadly must contradict the final thing you say...I just got a video the other day from my cousin and her Baptist minister husband of they and their kids trip to Ark Encounter and how awesome it was...

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
23-07-2016, 12:01 PM
(23-07-2016 11:27 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry Loom, doesn't sound nice of your parents to do that while you're having anxiety issues. Sad

I loved also how the porta-potty guy canceled on them, after signing a contract, because he religiously couldn't deliver his goods to anyone protesting Noah's Ark...

Also, sadly must contradict the final thing you say...I just got a video the other day from my cousin and her Baptist minister husband of they and their kids trip to Ark Encounter and how awesome it was...

Gosh, I had forgotten about the porta-potty guy. Too funny that he can't go against his religious beliefs to take care of poo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-07-2016, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 04:30 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(23-07-2016 12:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2016 11:27 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry Loom, doesn't sound nice of your parents to do that while you're having anxiety issues. Sad

Gosh, I had forgotten about the porta-potty guy. Too funny that he can't go against his religious beliefs to take care of poo.
I know! I wonder, does he realize his job probably makes him ceremonially unclean?

Also just watched a tour of the Ark, uploaded on their YT channel... "Well it's all about kinds. People who use millions of animals as an example, are only counting micro-organisms and insects. And once we remove the water based animals like fish and whales, they were just living in the flood waters. There were only about 30,000 animals left once we discount all of those and the numbers go down with the Kinds. Like we don't have wolves, and dogs, and coyotes, and dingos, and so on, because all we need is a pair of dogs. Now people who believe in the assumption of evolution..."

And not to be putting them down even more than they deserve...but their camera work is awful. Long awkward pauses, very shaky, doesn't center on things well, etc. I'm not exactly a master videographer, but had to film a few dozen people teaching for a study one of my bosses did once, and did at least a somewhat better job than this.

Edit: "Prehistoric doesn't make sense from a Biblical perspective, does it Jeremy?"
"Of course not, they were also smarter than us, because they didn't yet have mutations from sin and curse."

Need to think of a witty signature.
25-07-2016, 04:20 PM
(23-07-2016 12:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Just let those damn heathens shit their pants! I don't want their damn tainted money!
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post