Ark encounter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Ark encounter
(01-06-2016 02:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The rainbow is a sign that God will never send a flood that will destroy all life on earth.

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif?zoom=2]

How old are you? Eleven, twelve?

Home-schooled probably.

“A rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky."

[Image: 7710-034-5122B12C.jpg]

PS Sweet Mary and Joseph! You’re 75 years old! Isn’t time you grew up?

You mean rainbows aren't Unicorn farts?! Gasp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
01-06-2016, 03:01 PM
I think he punk'd all of you into responding. No one can believe the drivel in the OP if they have more than 2-3 braincells to rub together.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
(01-06-2016 02:14 PM)theophilus Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 11:35 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I can't believe that anyone hasn't pointed out that Ham, using an army or workers, modern tools and techniques, took longer to build this monstrosity than the babble says it took a 600 year old man and his century-old boys to build. Ham is actually disproving his own story but is too deluded to see that.

The Bible indicates it probably took 120 years.

Quote:Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”
(Genesis 6:3 ESV)

That is a lot longs than it took to build the modern ark.

That has precisely nothing to do with the ark myth. Your confirmation bias causes you to hallucinate.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Theo, you are an astonishing asshole.

You should be ashamed to keep inhaling and wasting oxygen.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
01-06-2016, 03:42 PM
I can't stop laughing....oh Oh it hurts...yeah but he had 120 years.. OH OH I can't stop crying. HE SAID HE SAID!.... that's why we have all these fossles... and he was completely serious.

[Image: giphy.gif]

LMAO. Oh. Oh I needed that.

(01-06-2016 08:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true.

How about we see if it floats then?

Oh they float Morondog. They all float.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
01-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Hey, Theo...refresh my memory.

How many giant cranes does your Big Book of Bullshit say that Noah used?

[Image: 0129noahsark02.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
02-06-2016, 04:45 AM
(01-06-2016 03:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Hey, Theo...refresh my memory.

How many giant cranes does your Big Book of Bullshit say that Noah used?

[Image: 0129noahsark02.jpg]

This is supposed to be a replica? With a concrete keel?
These people are so fucking ignorant they don't even know the meaning of the word 'replica'. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-06-2016, 06:03 AM
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  Knowing there was a flood not only shows that the earth is younger than most people believe but it also shows that God is concerned about the way we live and will judge us. The rainbow is a sign that God will never send a flood that will destroy all life on earth. The next judgment will be by fire.

Your cocksucker God killed nearly everything on the planet and left the future of the human race in the custody of incestuous relationships between close relatives.

You WORSHIP that little shithead for this?
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
02-06-2016, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2016 03:41 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-06-2016 02:14 PM)theophilus Wrote:  The Bible indicates ....

You can stop right there. The Bible "indicates" nothing of the sort.
The Bible is ancient Near Eastern literature. Profoundly ignorant modern fundamentalists, not unlike yourself, who basically know nothing about the forms, genres, and structures, and meanings of ancient poetic literature, who, because of their profound ignorance, are left to read it ONLY as literally true, send themselves down paths of utter bullshit and falsehoods. The POINT of the flood myth they appropriated from Babylon, is not in the invented details.

Maybe you could START your religious education with "Jesus Christ and Mythology", by (Christian scholar) Rudolph Bultman, and stop embarrassing religious people with your 1st Grade level of understanding.

Fuck

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Flood myths are a dime a dozen. Theo when you get some free time check out this thread I created. I open with the story Noah was fan-fictioned after.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...od-Stories

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post