Ark encounter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: Ark encounter
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  As many of you know, the organization Answers in Genesis is building a full size replica of Noah’s ark. The ark is almost completed and is scheduled to be open to visitors on July 7. You can learn the details at https://arkencounter.com/. The flood lasted just a little over one year, but during that year the rapid burial of living creatures produced most of the fossils we find today and the geography of the earth was changed.

Knowing whether the flood occurred is essential to accurately measuring the age of the earth. If there was no flood then it would have taken millions of years to form the vast number of fossils that we find and to shape the earth into its present condition. On the other hand, if there was a flood it is possible that the earth is only a few thousand years old, as the Bible says.

Knowing there was a flood not only shows that the earth is younger than most people believe but it also shows that God is concerned about the way we live and will judge us. The rainbow is a sign that God will never send a flood that will destroy all life on earth. The next judgment will be by fire.

The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true. Here is some more information about the ark and the flood on the Answers in Genesis website.

https://answersingenesis.org/search/?csr...ah%27s+ark

https://answersingenesis.org/search/?csr...ll&q=flood

Blink

"Knowing whether the flood occurred is essential".....

um according to the myth it occurred globally until it was 40 feet higher than the highest mountain. Sadly, there is zero evidence to substantiate that ridiculous story.

"Knowing there was a flood not only shows that the earth is younger than most people believe"

False. One can't "know" that as there is zero substantiating evidence to create such knowledge.

"The purpose of the ark replica is to provide proof that the story of the flood is true"

Well then it fails miserably as the Ark would not have been seaworthy, and their replica is re-enforced with steel.

Odd you have such an ignorant level of knowledge on the Ark and the mythical flood...here, let me assist you.....

Click here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674871

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2016, 01:51 AM
As far as I know japan disproves a global flood, seeing as it doesn't have a flood story, but this is a simple refutation of course.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
03-06-2016, 06:43 AM
(03-06-2016 01:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  As far as I know japan disproves a global flood, seeing as it doesn't have a flood story, but this is a simple refutation of course.

The existence of Greenland singlehandedly refutes the global flood. A flood of such proportion would have melted and snapped greenland off like a lollipop. Weather conditions have not existed in the last 10k years to create Greenland "post-flood", thus the fact that it exists makes the flood impossible. Yes

A deeper point is ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. A worldwide flood would be expected to leave a layer of sediments, noticeable changes in salinity and oxygen isotope ratios, fractures from buoyancy and thermal stresses, a hiatus in trapped air bubbles, and probably other evidence. Sadly there is not a scrap of such evidence. MYTH

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Taller than the highest mountain hmmm. Where did all that pesky water go?

I did no know the ages of the ice cores, thanks for that.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
03-06-2016, 08:02 AM
(03-06-2016 07:49 AM)skyking Wrote:  Taller than the highest mountain hmmm. Where did all that pesky water go?

I have a rather decent evisceration of the global flood myth here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674871

Greenland is the easiest way to dismiss the global flood parable that allegedly occurred 2349 BCE.

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-06-2016, 08:05 AM
(03-06-2016 07:49 AM)skyking Wrote:  Taller than the highest mountain hmmm. Where did all that pesky water go?

I think there may be tree rings also that show the same thing as the ice cores.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2016, 09:41 AM
(03-06-2016 08:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I think there may be tree rings also that show the same thing as the ice cores.

Very true, trees exist that were alive before the mythical flood. I think I covered that in my breakdown, but maybe not. I know I went into that in-depth in one of my debates in the boxing ring.

03-06-2016, 12:07 PM
"Everything in the Bible is an allegory that we can claim is a fact when it suits us."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
03-06-2016, 12:17 PM
(03-06-2016 12:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "Everything in the Bible is an allegory that we can claim is a fact when it suits us."

and vice-versa

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Quote:Greenland is the easiest way to dismiss the global flood parable that allegedly occurred 2349 BCE.

Actually Old Kingdom Egypt is the easiest way. Those stupid Egyptians kept right on building pyramids without even knowing that they had been drowned.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post