RE: Ark encounter
[Image: 4K0ugha.gif]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-06-2016, 03:49 PM
I note that New Scientist magazine describes Answers in Genesis as a "mythological re-enactment society".

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Silly Deity's post
03-06-2016, 04:22 PM
(03-06-2016 03:49 PM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I note that New Scientist magazine describes Answers in Genesis as a "mythological re-enactment society".
Oh, they're real. "moronic re-enactment society", yeah.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
03-06-2016, 04:23 PM
(03-06-2016 03:49 PM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I note that New Scientist magazine describes Answers in Genesis as a "mythological re-enactment society".

Oh, shit, they're LARPers!?!

FFS, now I have to find a new hobby...

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-06-2016, 05:04 PM
(03-06-2016 04:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Oh, shit, they're LARPers!?!

They're NPCs in monster camp. Don't sweat it. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-06-2016, 08:28 PM
(03-06-2016 08:05 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 07:49 AM)skyking Wrote:  Taller than the highest mountain hmmm. Where did all that pesky water go?

I did no know the ages of the ice cores, thanks for that.

I think there may be tree rings also that show the same thing as the ice cores.

Lake varves also conclusively prove there was no such flood. They have recorded every volcanic eruption, storm, drought and fire but not this worldwide flood. They are double trouble because they also can be used to verify Carbon dating accuracy. They are also corroborated by sea floor sediments. The issue of the Biblical flood is not even debatable, given the mass of data we have collected.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 4 users Like true scotsman's post
08-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Ken Ham is a living contradiction.
His ministry's mission statement/tenants, or whatever, state that if any fact contradicts the bible, the fact is false.
Yet, the CM is filled with "science" that supports his insanity.
You cant have it both ways, and you see a lot of creationist do this; The science is true when it supports their ideas, but is false by default if it does not.
His dad had it right the whole time, but, i guess he fell off the wrong side of it;
"If you cant trust the book of genesis as literal history, then you cant trust the rest of the bible."
[+] 2 users Like Gordon Blue's post
08-06-2016, 11:58 AM
(03-06-2016 04:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

Oh, shit, they're LARPers!?!

FFS, now I have to find a new hobby...

Sounds like a lame-ass RP session, what with all the groveling and a ban on the wizard class.
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon Blue's post
13-06-2016, 12:52 PM
(01-06-2016 07:52 AM)theophilus Wrote:  The rainbow is a sign that God will never send a flood that will destroy all life on earth. The next judgment will be by fire.

Lol, rainbows are proof of leprechauns, silly! Get your mythologies straight!
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
13-06-2016, 12:56 PM
(01-06-2016 08:51 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  AFAIK there's no confirmed link to an actual historical event? I know there are multiple flood accounts from different sources.

It's my understanding that scientists have confirmed there was a really bad flood in that area around 6000-7000 years ago. The people caught in it probably did think the whole world was flooded.

But like you said, every region is going to have stories about flooding, and the worst flood they ever experienced, etc.

I'll see if I can find the links/articles. It's been a while since I read them.

Try one or more of Graham Hancock's books.