Ark funding pulled

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 04:44 PM by Full Circle.)
RE: Ark funding pulled
(11-12-2014 09:30 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  well, that was a torpedo in the side if his unsinkabke ship wasn't it?

how long till its fully underwater? or is it already?

Laugh out load

Ohmy

Wink

"State tourism tax incentives cannot be used to fund religious indoctrination or otherwise be used to advance religion," Tourism Secretary Bob Stewart wrote in the letter. “The use of state incentives in this way violates the separation of church and state provisions of the Constitution and is therefore impermissible."

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/new.../20207341/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
11-12-2014, 02:54 PM
(10-12-2014 10:28 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Atheism Resource and Seth on his FB page reporting Kentucky has pulled its funding for Ken Ham's Ark encounter.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/12/10/35863....html?rh=1

Lol, NOW it's an amusement park. Big Grin

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-12-2014, 03:23 PM
They should dismantle the damn thing and donate the wood to Habitat for Humanity.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
(11-12-2014 03:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  They should dismantle the damn thing and donate the wood to Habitat for Humanity.
Have they even begun construction? All I hear is that they poured some cement.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
11-12-2014, 05:33 PM
He would build it with his own hands... But unfortunately we don't live 500+ years anymore.
[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-12-2014, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 05:37 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Ken is delusional if he thinks this project will ever see the light of day. If I remember right, they have not started building as single thing yet.

I just got a temp crown for my tooth today and my mouth gums hurt really bad. This makes me feel a bit better knowing all of this.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
11-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Re: Ark funding pulled
This is the funny part: you get a bunch of Amish and tell them Jedediah needs a new barn, they'll pitch in and help. Why? Their religion suggests this is good.

But you get Ken Ham, and I don't see Christians lining up with supplies and tools to help.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
17-12-2014, 11:58 AM
You have all been misinformed about the nature of the help that the state of Kentucky promised to Answers in Genesis. Here is the truth:

https://answersingenesis.org/ministry-ne...-wont-die/

The construction of the Ark won't be affected at all.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2014, 12:11 PM
(17-12-2014 11:58 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You have all been misinformed about the nature of the help that the state of Kentucky promised to Answers in Genesis. Here is the truth:

More accurately, that depends on how badly AiG needs to be reimbursed. There's a reason they applied for the tax incentives. Maybe it was just because they could and they'll take all the money they can get or maybe it's because they need to be reimbursed. I suppose we shall see.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
17-12-2014, 12:47 PM
(17-12-2014 11:58 AM)theophilus Wrote:  You have all been misinformed about the nature of the help that the state of Kentucky promised to Answers in Genesis. Here is the truth:

Since Ken Ham is likely a scam artist, I doubt what he has to say has much truth to it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post