Arkanoid

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Arkanoid
Ok, this is a long shot but maybe someone will have an idea about this.

Years ago (between 5 and 10 I think), I used to play an arkanoid, brick breaker style game on my PC. I think it was a free demo of a purchasable game.

There were multiple power-ups such as bigger paddle, laser paddle, fireball etc.

The game was aesthetically well made with the bricks having an almost chrome look to them.

I know I'm being very vague but I've tried to find it with no luck so far. Any ideas would be great.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 09:57 PM
RE: Arkanoid
Sounds like Arkanoid 2: "Doh it Again" That's my favorite arkanoid version. Also for an interesting remake of a classic who here has played Nyet? It's a dos based Tetris with power ups.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply LilithSmile. I've had a look and it's not the one, it looks pretty similar but the one I'm thinking about looked a bit newer.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
17-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I think I found the one you want DX-Ball this looks like an improvement over doh it again made for the windows. It has a few sequels if this isn't quite right.

And if you're interested in tetris games Nyet 3 is one of the most unique and interesting.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Lilith Pride you are a fucking LEGEND Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin. I cannot believe you actually found it. DX-Ball 2, would never have found it without you. I owe you one Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

PS. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Best
Worst
17-06-2011, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2011 12:12 PM by Lilith Pride.)
No problem at all. Glad I could get you what you were after.

It is indeed an awesome arkanoid (yeah I know brick break came first =p) I love that game series

If anyone wants a link DX-ball 2 here it is. The creators also sell upgrade packs with more levels for those interested but it's not necessary to play the game.

Thanks for turning me onto it Hughsie ~_^
Another classic from when I was young One Must Fall 2097 One of the best fighting games I've ever played in terms of just sheer enjoyment. Very customizable and pretty simplistic. There's an update available along with a full game download.