Aronra thoroughly refutes anti-Evolution preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Aronra thoroughly refutes anti-Evolution preacher
Has anyone else seen this series?

Aronra eviscerates David C Pack's Irrefutable Proof of God video.

Playlist

An extremely thorough debunking.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-05-2016, 06:40 PM
RE: Aronra thoroughly refutes anti-Evolution preacher
(03-05-2016 06:38 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Has anyone else seen this series?

Playlist

Yup. I've been watching. Glad he finally organized it into a playlist.

If you're new to AronRa (and if so, how?), be prepared to pause a LOT and take notes. He speaks very, very fast and fills most of what he says with dense, precision facts.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
03-05-2016, 06:44 PM
Yup. I've been keeping up with this series.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
03-05-2016, 06:57 PM
(03-05-2016 06:40 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Yup. I've been watching. Glad he finally organized it into a playlist.

If you're new to AronRa (and if so, how?), be prepared to pause a LOT and take notes. He speaks very, very fast and fills most of what he says with dense, precision facts.

Yeah, been watching him for over a year now. Saw one of his appearances on The Atheist Experience and found my way onto his youtube channel.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
03-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Really like that guy. He destroyed Sye ten lies before breakfast Bruggencate. Totally took him off his script and ripped him. I can't wait to watch.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
03-05-2016, 11:06 PM

Playlist

I've watched 6 of the videos and as usual, Aronra methodically refutes this guys "arguments" very handily. Really these are the same old tired worn out arguments that have been refuted over and over again. His arguments amount to: Wow look how amazing and complex, must be God did it. It's clear that these videos are aimed at believers who are uneducated and ignorant of science and will be impressed by all this. But why would such videos need to be made in the first place when according to the Bible we all know that God exists? When they supposedly have an all knowing and all powerful spirit on their side, why would their faith need to be bolstered. I can't imagine the maker would think these videos would convince a rational person. Unfortunately those people who lap this up then come onto forums like this and parrot the same stuff over and over again.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
04-05-2016, 04:49 AM
(03-05-2016 11:06 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Playlist

I've watched 6 of the videos and as usual, Aronra methodically refutes this guys "arguments" very handily. Really these are the same old tired worn out arguments that have been refuted over and over again. His arguments amount to: Wow look how amazing and complex, must be God did it. It's clear that these videos are aimed at believers who are uneducated and ignorant of science and will be impressed by all this. But why would such videos need to be made in the first place when according to the Bible we all know that God exists? When they supposedly have an all knowing and all powerful spirit on their side, why would their faith need to be bolstered. I can't imagine the maker would think these videos would convince a rational person. Unfortunately those people who lap this up then come onto forums like this and parrot the same stuff over and over again.

Yup. When I first saw these, I thought David C. Pack would bring up something new that I haven't heard before. Nope. Just the same stuff we've heard over and over again. Irreducible Complexity blah blah blah. Also some quote mining if I remember correctly.
04-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Ignorance itself is only half of the problem. The desire to remain ignorant is the real issue.

I don't understand that desire.

Pack's videos are impressive in that one person can be so wrong about so many things. It might actually be easier to make a video listing the few accuracies rather than the uncountable errors.

04-05-2016, 05:10 AM
(03-05-2016 11:06 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Playlist

Yeah, the guy was using the "irreducible" complexity of the eye as an argument for god! Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
04-05-2016, 07:16 AM
I think I already posted the first few videos of this series when it came out

in any case you aren't missing out anything by watching it, its one guy using every argument by creationists and thats it