Aronra thoroughly refutes anti-Evolution preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Aronra thoroughly refutes anti-Evolution preacher
(04-05-2016 04:49 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 11:06 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  I've watched 6 of the videos and as usual, Aronra methodically refutes this guys "arguments" very handily. Really these are the same old tired worn out arguments that have been refuted over and over again. His arguments amount to: Wow look how amazing and complex, must be God did it. It's clear that these videos are aimed at believers who are uneducated and ignorant of science and will be impressed by all this. But why would such videos need to be made in the first place when according to the Bible we all know that God exists? When they supposedly have an all knowing and all powerful spirit on their side, why would their faith need to be bolstered. I can't imagine the maker would think these videos would convince a rational person. Unfortunately those people who lap this up then come onto forums like this and parrot the same stuff over and over again.

Yup. When I first saw these, I thought David C. Pack would bring up something new that I haven't heard before. Nope. Just the same stuff we've heard over and over again. Irreducible Complexity blah blah blah. Also some quote mining if I remember correctly.

Yes, clearly aimed at calming the sheep. Not intended to convince non-believers. This is housecleaning pure and simple.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
05-05-2016, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 10:49 AM by TheMrBillShow.)
I've seen these videos and, per usual, AronRa soundly and thoroughly thrashes these "arguments."

What makes me sad is the number of ignorant people who will be thoroughly dazzled by the slick production, the authoritative tone, and the selective use of "expert" quotes.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 1 user Likes TheMrBillShow's post
05-05-2016, 11:51 PM
(05-05-2016 05:55 PM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  I've seen these videos and, per usual AronRa soundly and thoroughly thrashes these "arguments."

What makes me sad is the number of ignorant people who will be thoroughly dazzled by the slick production, the authoritative tone, and the selective use of "expert" quotes.

And equally sad is the fact that after all his work and thorough refutations all it will take to assuage believers is their leaders telling them that Aronra is of Satan. That's all it will take. He's an agent of Satan out to cause them to doubt.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post