Arrogance, hostility and anger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 01:50 PM
RE: Arrogance, hostility and anger
Sometimes civility in the face of hate is just plain cowardice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM
(09-07-2013 01:43 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  I also told them I, as an atheist, was more heterosexual than they are because there's only one reason I don't sleep with men: I am not attracted to men. They don't sleep with men because they are afraid of the consequences and so they repress their homosexual urges out of obedience to God. So straight atheists are straighter than straight theists.

Dayum. I'll have to remember that one.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
09-07-2013, 03:20 PM
(09-07-2013 11:49 AM)ufo42 Wrote:  I suspect your last sentence is false for kids who were bullied by religious parents into going to church.

There's a difference. You're talking about a person in an environment of religiosity. They weren't living in a secular environment with one religious person raging whenever they get to see them, maybe once a week. The argument was these people weren't converted by a religious person raging, and they won't be deconverted by an atheist raging. They'd need to be "raised" in a secular environment.
09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
PoolBoy,
But these folks think they have the right to rage and that they are entitled to the expectation that no one will call them on it. As you can see from my summary of the exchange, it was actually a LONG while before I took the gloves off, as it were, and only after they maligned me and their own God.
09-07-2013, 08:02 PM
(09-07-2013 01:43 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  So they called me arrogant and told me I was going to hell.

So I took the gloves off...

Shouldn't that be the time to put the (boxing) gloves ON? Smile

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
10-07-2013, 01:35 AM
(09-07-2013 01:13 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  violate themselves with a rotten cucumber

I don't think that'd work. They go all floppy when they're rotten. It has to be fresh.
10-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Sigh. Fine. They can f### themselves with a fresh cucumber.
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
10-07-2013, 10:00 AM
(10-07-2013 08:20 AM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Sigh. Fine. They can f### themselves with a fresh cucumber.

I would recommend a few other pieces of produce first say a Pineapple, or a Butternut squash.

[Image: pineapple.jpg]

[Image: butternut-squash.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-08-2013, 05:02 PM
(09-07-2013 01:43 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  I also told them I, as an atheist, was more heterosexual than they are because there's only one reason I don't sleep with men: I am not attracted to men. They don't sleep with men because they are afraid of the consequences and so they repress their homosexual urges out of obedience to God. So straight atheists are straighter than straight theists.

I was born straight. No choice involved. It is only reasonable to take LGBT people at their word when they say the same. From my perspective, if you had to choose to be straight... you're gay.
I mean that with all respect to the LGBT community.[Image: thumbsup.gif]

Science is dissecting the sacred cow.[Image: smartass.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes NoSkyDaddy's post