Arrogance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 11:36 AM
RE: Arrogance
(05-10-2015 11:35 AM)mediocrates Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 11:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Tim Minchin on the topic:

Laugh out load Tim Minchin is the best! I only recently discovered him and I find all of his material insightful and just plain funny.

But he's got eyeliner. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 11:41 AM
God gets all the credit for the good unexpected outcomes, but if his time calculation being off caused him to miss a meeting or appointment, he would blame himself. The mental trickery is mind boggling!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
05-10-2015, 11:52 AM
(05-10-2015 10:17 AM)Loom Wrote:  I seriously had to bite my tongue when my dad said, "Isn't it funny how god works?"

"You mean, by violating your free will to make you get confused about the time?"

Geez, even leaving out the moral element, the METHOD doesn't make any sense either. This is Goddidit when we already KNOW who did it!
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
05-10-2015, 11:55 AM
(05-10-2015 11:36 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 11:35 AM)mediocrates Wrote:  Laugh out load Tim Minchin is the best! I only recently discovered him and I find all of his material insightful and just plain funny.

But he's got eyeliner. Laugh out load

I want to brush his hair every time I see him. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-10-2015, 11:57 AM
(05-10-2015 11:41 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  God gets all the credit for the good unexpected outcomes, but if his time calculation being off caused him to miss a meeting or appointment, he would blame himself. The mental trickery is mind boggling!

And when I point this out, it's all part of god's 'grand' plan. What part of any 'grand' plan necessitates a bike ride or missed meeting?

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
05-10-2015, 11:57 AM
(05-10-2015 11:52 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:17 AM)Loom Wrote:  I seriously had to bite my tongue when my dad said, "Isn't it funny how god works?"

"You mean, by violating your free will to make you get confused about the time?"

Geez, even leaving out the moral element, the METHOD doesn't make any sense either. This is Goddidit when we already KNOW who did it!

That's merely Holy Spirit driving down known avenues. Hobo

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-10-2015, 12:03 PM
(05-10-2015 11:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Tim Minchin on the topic:

I'll be sure to watch this after work. I've heard of him but never really listened to him before.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
05-10-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm a lead guitarist. I'm pretty fucking sure that the Universe does in fact revolve around me.

Yes, that includes any "supreme beings" who might be involved.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-10-2015, 12:50 PM
(05-10-2015 12:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm a lead guitarist. I'm pretty fucking sure that the Universe does in fact revolve around me.

Imagine how arrogant the gold guitarists must be. Angel

For the record, it's the drummer or, in lieu of a drummer, the bass guitarist whose performance everyone revolves around. Keeping to the beat and all that.

*flees*
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
(05-10-2015 12:50 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 12:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm a lead guitarist. I'm pretty fucking sure that the Universe does in fact revolve around me.

Imagine how arrogant the gold guitarists must be. Angel

For the record, it's the drummer or, in lieu of a drummer, the bass guitarist whose performance everyone revolves around. Keeping to the beat and all that.

*flees*

As a lyricist... Angel

Bechased

living word
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post