Art, Nudity, and Creation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Art, Nudity, and Creation.
I've meaning to post this question to the other artists on the site and wondering do you guys feel more comfortable creating artwork when you're naked? Or my just to being a weirdo? Do you guys have a specific time of day when the creative juices are flowing? Any special rituals coffee or tea, do you have to have a sandwich? Do you have paint preferences acrylics or oil? pastel or chalk? when it comes to your pastels do you prefer oil or chalk? Styles and mediums?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: Art, Nudity, and Creation.
I just like good music, that's about all I need. Although if I'm looking for a specific mood or motif, I'll try to get music to match. If you're doing anything art deco and you're not listening to jazz, you're doing it wrong. Outside of pencil/charcoal sketches, almost everything I do anymore is digital.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm such a traditionalist I've never liked using digital for my art I guess I already feel bad enough that I can't see it and so did think that I wouldn't be able to touch it on top of that I just couldn't stand the thought
03-12-2013, 12:46 AM
When I'm naked and my creative juices are flowing I'm not painting. I am, however, creating beautiful art with masterful strokes.

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
03-12-2013, 12:47 AM
(03-12-2013 12:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  When I'm naked and my creative juices are flowing I'm not painting. I am, however, creating beautiful art with masterful strokes.

Big Grin
Shut up DL
03-12-2013, 02:04 AM
(03-12-2013 12:44 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I'm such a traditionalist I've never liked using digital for my art I guess I already feel bad enough that I can't see it and so did think that I wouldn't be able to touch it on top of that I just couldn't stand the thought

Well, I went to school for game art and design. So what I do inside the computer would be considered sculpture if done in the real world. I tended to focus on low-poly meshes as either a LOD (level of detail) model or just for a low-poly environment.

[Image: blog_components_1.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-12-2013, 07:05 AM
I don't have to be naked to be creative but if you like nekkid - you do. That's all. I don't think you're weird. I just think you like being naked. *shrug*
My medium of choice is pencil. Then I do pen and ink hash marks atop the pencil to create ink drawings. I paint sometimes and I adore watercolor pencils.

here's a sample of what I do
(mostly tattoos or book illustrations):
[Image: 3443836a.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
03-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:I've meaning to post this question to the other artists on the site and wondering do you guys feel more comfortable creating artwork when you're naked?

This thread took a completely different turn then what I was expecting. Anyways I have never tried doing art naked. However, I doubt I will likely try any time soon since I tend to do my art in the common room at my school. As beautiful as I am, I'm sure many would not appreciate it.

In terms of what gets me in the mood, its really hard to say. Normally its just boredom and I pick up a pencil or pen and just doodle. For my illuminated manuscripts however, I need to focus since they are very methodical, I still don't do much other then give myself a good couple of hours to work on it.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
03-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I've never really gotten the urge to paint nekkid, but if you do, more power to you.

I paint in both acrylic and oil, depending of the affect I'm going for, and I enjoy charcoal and pencil drawings.

I haven't created much in the last few years because of lack of time. It's upsetting. I have a dedicated studio in my new house I've never used. Sad

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
(03-12-2013 03:02 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  I've never really gotten the urge to paint nekkid, but if you do, more power to you.

I paint in both acrylic and oil, depending of the affect I'm going for, and I enjoy charcoal and pencil drawings.

I haven't created much in the last few years because of lack of time. It's upsetting. I have a dedicated studio in my new house I've never used. Sad

As far as paint goes on the "grow myself but of late I started working on jewelry making and I've been really dedicated to chain at first I thought I wouldn't be able to work on chain because my blindness but I've really gotten into it it takes me a lot longer than beading but I'm really enjoying it