Art That You Like

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 04:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Art That You Like
(15-09-2015 01:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  BTW -- don't drop acid and listen to Pink Floyd while looking at his artwork.... It's..... disturbing................

Bah, that's just Basic Intro to Trippin' 101. Now listening to Pink Floyd while looking at pictures of Syd Barrett ... now that shit's disturbing. Shocking

[Image: syd1.jpg]
[Image: syd2.jpg]
[Image: syd3.jpg]
[Image: syd4.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-09-2015, 05:07 PM
I like the classics and the impressionists. But my favorites are pieces from my own collection. Sorry about my lousy photography.

[Image: IMG_2877_zpsh10ibcfk.jpg]
Artist: Jan Guess. 4' by 3'. Untitled. Medium: oils.

[Image: IMG_2879_zpsjkyo4urq.jpg]
Artist: James Tandi. Title: Mary Tijani. (I presume that's the model's name.) Medium: Verdite, an extremely hard stone. Height: 19" not counting the base.

[Image: IMG_2880_zpsm61aky49.jpg]
Artist: Marty Lubner. Title: The Bull in the Cornfield. This was in my mother's house as I was growing up, so was painted at least 60 years ago. The artist was a friend of my family. Size: about 24" by about 18"

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 3 users Like daniel1948's post
15-09-2015, 06:05 PM
(15-09-2015 05:07 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I like the classics and the impressionists. But my favorites are pieces from my own collection.

That's some superfly shit right there. Thumbsup

Well, there's this thing - which I must like as it has stuck in my mind for thirty some odd years...

[Image: 7921-004-D6504A67.jpg]

Quote:historical importance
Jean-Paul Marat: Assassination
The Death of Marat, by French artist and member of the Jacobin Club Jacques-Louis David, was painted just days after the murder. Called the “Pietà of the Revolution” (in reference to Michelangelo’s sculpture) and widely considered David’s masterpiece, the painting is frequently reproduced for its historical and artistic value.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-09-2015, 06:23 PM
(14-09-2015 07:20 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  H.R. Gieger

[Image: Giger-Li-I-Litho-Morpheus-Galler_1.jpg]

[Image: giger-elp-print-morpheus-gallery.jpg]

[Image: Capo.jpg]

[Image: resource.php?id=229]

[Image: resource.php?id=235]

[Image: resource.php?id=238]

[Image: resource.php?id=230]

You beat me to it! If I ever get around to constructing a proper man-cave/lair it'll be filled with this stuff! Blush

[Image: resource.php?id=192]

[Image: alienfurn_03.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_lv16makFqB1qz4cuyo1_1280.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-09-2015, 06:25 PM
(15-09-2015 06:23 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You beat me to it! If I ever get around to constructing a proper man-cave/lair it'll be filled with this stuff! Blush

No hallucinogens allowed. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-09-2015, 06:26 PM
(15-09-2015 01:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Did he do the cover of Brain salad surgery?

[Image: Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg]

As well as his most famous stuff -- all the conceptual artwork for the Alien series....

I was a big fan of Heavy Metal magazine in the late 70's early 80's.. He got featured several times. His stuff is what nightmares look like.........

BTW -- don't drop acid and listen to Pink Floyd while looking at his artwork.... It's..... disturbing................

Hobo

I'm 2 for three on that one fortunately. But I did drop acid the first time I ever watched The Shining (and I was alone)

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
15-09-2015, 06:33 PM
(15-09-2015 06:26 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 01:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  As well as his most famous stuff -- all the conceptual artwork for the Alien series....

I was a big fan of Heavy Metal magazine in the late 70's early 80's.. He got featured several times. His stuff is what nightmares look like.........

BTW -- don't drop acid and listen to Pink Floyd while looking at his artwork.... It's..... disturbing................

Hobo

I'm 2 for three on that one fortunately. But I did drop acid the first time I ever watched The Shining (and I was alone)
I went to a double feature with one of my roommates in USCG RMA school -- and we dropped acid about an hour before we left..

The first movie was Outland - with Sean Connery...

The second (main attraction) was Alien......

I was peaking, when the damned thing came outta the guy's chest.......

HOLYFUCKINGGODDAMNAREYOUFUCKINGKIDDINGME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortunately everyone else felt the same way....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-09-2015, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 06:45 PM by TheGulegon.)
(15-09-2015 06:25 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No hallucinogens allowed. Tongue

That ain't no shit! Confused Especially no ecstasy! No

[Image: 1356867920-0.jpg?resize=500%2C712]

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
15-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Hate to be a little prick but most of what's being posted are illustrations. Yes, they are artists, but generally fine artists are often said to ask questions of the world, points to unpopular truths and show the human condition where as illustrators follow a preconceived storyline.

Don't get me wrong, illustrators are fabulous craftspeople and I enjoy their work, even considered being an illustrator myself, but there are differences between the two even if it's a bit fuzzy sometimes.

Carry on.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
15-09-2015, 11:15 PM
(15-09-2015 01:38 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:25 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Did he do the cover of Brain salad surgery?

[Image: Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg]

As well as his most famous stuff -- all the conceptual artwork for the Alien series....

Hobo

I would NEVER listen to Pink Floyd. All their music is designed stadium rock, played as slowly as a slow jazz balled so every note can be heard in the auditorium. And a shit boring drummer.

I hate that band.

Sorry mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post