Art classes in school rock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 07:00 PM by Vosur.)
Art classes in school rock
A few weeks ago, our art teacher assigned us with the task to paint anything we want as long as it's somewhat abstract. Painting can be quite entertaining if you don't have to meet certain criteria. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

Creation process
[Image: VNBrW.jpg]

[Image: FMubP.jpg]

[Image: Qr1aA.jpg]

[Image: SWjdG.jpg]
Result
[Image: kh5Ta.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
14-07-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: Art classes in school rock
Nice work.

One of my art teachers brought a painting off me once.

[Image: 9a37o7.jpg]

Except actual paint and paper not something I spent 10seconds in ms paint doing. Was more blended and lots of different shades of blue within the each square, but you get the general idea.
Also spent the first lesson covering the hole thing in glue, then I put small (like really small) bits of rock and grit on it. Gave it texture. I suggest trying something like that, glue bits of grit and rock onto the paper before painting. Just wait till the glue dries before actually painting.

Been ages since I used actual paint, think I only ever used actual paint in school. I just use photoshop now, turn out some landscapes and fantasy world concept art like stuff.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
15-07-2012, 02:22 AM
I would like to share some of my abstract paintings but they are all in Romania and here I did not buy any art material because I still hope that one day I get my stuff from Romania :/

But Vosur may I give you some productive critisism?
I checked your process-spoiler and judging by that:
When you do a big something in the foreground and something abstract like the branching lines in the background:
drawing the outlines of the big forground thing is ok, but for the abstract background it is not nessasary. Also I miss a very light background color. Given that the eye in the middle is green, a very very lighy green of the same shade as background would be perfect.
So in this case you would use these steps:
Draw the outline of that middle thing.
paint the whole background in your light color.
Let it dry for a few hours
paint the rest

The way you did it, it looks a little forced. This is because you had the outlines for the background and would you not have stuck with them, there would have been pencil lines everywhere. That is the whole thing, even if you erase them, you still see where they were. Just have a few colors ready, those you want to use, and go from there Smile

Anyway very interesting and fun to watch and follow all the lines. Really good idea!

Gonna share some of my stuff once I got it back or once I bought new eqipment here.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Damn you talented talented people! Making me look bad with my lack or artistic skills Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
15-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Du bist sehr gut zu malen Big Grin
15-07-2012, 06:28 PM
(15-07-2012 05:26 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Du bist sehr gut zu malen Big Grin