Article on miracles
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2012, 10:18 AM
RE: Article on miracles
(16-06-2012 10:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-06-2012 10:14 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  What a buzzkill. I kinda liked that fable story report.
if it buzzes I kill it.
[Image: Let%27s%2BSay%2BHi%2Bto%2BFriends%2BWho%2BFly.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm glad somebody said this,i've heard so many people 'cured' of AIDS and once saw a guy on tv (in Kenya) give all his money and property to a priest because he was apparently cured.He only found out later from his brother who was not happy with his philanthropy that there was an error in his test and didnt go for the confirmatory test as he went straight to church.Poor guy never saw the pastor again.
That's how dangerous believing in miracles can be.
[+] 1 user Likes Sirchrisnificent's post
17-06-2012, 08:18 AM
And if you ace a test it was God's working and should be thanked,right,it wasnt me studying till 4 in the fucking morning for a week
18-06-2012, 01:43 PM
(15-06-2012 05:25 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 03:27 PM)Thomas Wrote:  I had a headache. Took some aspirin. The headache went away. It's a miracle.
I got cancer. Took some chemo. The cancer went away. It's a miracle.
I had sex with the wife. She got pregnant. We had a kid. It's a miracle.'s a miracle. Bowing because nothing that I described above could have happened without supernatural intervention. Angel

You are surrounded by miracles. You must be a saint. All hail St. Thomas of the Greys!

Someone linked to an article on a Christian newspaper some time ago. I remember looking on the side bar and seeing an article about a baby who survived falling under a subway train. They called it a miracle. The baby is no doubt lucky, but, again, the situation is easily explained away. Body size is ultimately what saved it's life; the baby didn't get squished because there was plenty of clearance under the train.

Edit - I just watched the video. The stroller rolled off the platform just as the train was pulling in. What saved the baby was the fact that it was securely fastened to the stroller and the low speed of the train as it was coming to a stop. The stroller was dragged about 100 feet. I still don't see a miracle.

How did you know that I am really St Thomas Aquinas? Bowing Watch me fly around the room like a fatman balloon.
I'm surrounded by nature. Now clear the forest for wood and burn all the herieics at the stake.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.