Artificial vaginas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Artificial vaginas
Now before you guys start thinking this is for like a..... ahem... blow up doll or something, it's not. One if 5000 girls are born without a vigina. I can't imagine how horrible that would be. Now scientists have lab grown vaginas from the cells of each girl and implanted the vagina in the girl.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morni...ing-first/

Whaddya know about that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-06-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Artificial vaginas
(14-06-2014 04:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Now before you guys start thinking this is for like a..... ahem... blow up doll or something, it's not. One if 5000 girls are born without a vigina. I can't imagine how horrible that would be. Now scientists have lab grown vaginas from the cells of each girl and implanted the vagina in the girl.

Whaddya know about that.

I wonder if any of that could lead to help for the victims of female genital mutilation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
14-06-2014, 04:39 PM
(14-06-2014 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 04:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Now before you guys start thinking this is for like a..... ahem... blow up doll or something, it's not. One if 5000 girls are born without a vigina. I can't imagine how horrible that would be. Now scientists have lab grown vaginas from the cells of each girl and implanted the vagina in the girl.

Whaddya know about that.

I wonder if any of that could lead to help for the victims of female genital mutilation.

In reading some other information on this only the vagina is reproduced in the lab. They haven't engineered any external female parts but women who are violently raped and have their vigina ripped to shreads would benefit from this. Apparently the vagina is somewhat simple as organs go and is fairly easy to grow in a lab- that is compared to something like a liver or kidney.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-06-2014, 06:25 PM
FUCK YEAH! SCIENCE!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
14-06-2014, 06:31 PM

Whaddya know about that.

Well, if you're going to do anything, why not make vaginas?

though I can't help but wonder about rejection issues...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-06-2014, 07:15 PM
(14-06-2014 04:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 04:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  I wonder if any of that could lead to help for the victims of female genital mutilation.

In reading some other information on this only the vagina is reproduced in the lab. They haven't engineered any external female parts but women who are violently raped and have their vigina ripped to shreads would benefit from this. Apparently the vagina is somewhat simple as organs go and is fairly easy to grow in a lab- that is compared to something like a liver or kidney.

I would think that a woman who had her vagina forcibly ripped to shreds would like it to be gone for good.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I would be more worried about the clitoris... but whatever Tongue

[Image: tumblr_mbi9tvVVZh1rzbj5mo1_r1_500.gif]
14-06-2014, 11:58 PM
(14-06-2014 06:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Whaddya know about that.

Well, if you're going to do anything, why not make vaginas?

If it's grown from their own cells as stated in the OP, it seems to me that there wouldn't be rejection issues (though I admit it's a guess)...?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
15-06-2014, 01:14 AM
(14-06-2014 11:58 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 06:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well, if you're going to do anything, why not make vaginas?

If it's grown from their own cells as stated in the OP, it seems to me that there wouldn't be rejection issues (though I admit it's a guess)...?

Yeah, if it is grown from their own cells, rejection wouldn't be an issue, at least it shouldn't be...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-06-2014, 03:09 AM
Am I the only one thinking that if they can do similar for the male member, all their funding worries will be over?

Another thing that crossed my mind... Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser Syndrome (I was going to provide the link to Müllerian agenesis on wikipedia but our own policy on certain content disallows) is a genetic mutation.
Would this not be passed on to their children?
And if so... well, the implications are obvious.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post