Artist Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-03-2014, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2014 10:34 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: Artist Corner
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1996]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-03-2014, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 11:53 PM by GirlyMan.)

If you didn't care
What happend to me,
And I didn't care for you.

You know that I care
What happens to you,
And I know that you care
For me too.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Keeping on the pig theme...

Here is a very roughly sketched out idea for a project I'm working on. Will post the finished work when I'm done.

And yes, that is an old timey boar, wearing a bowler hat, slicing bacon.

[Image: Image1-5_zps2c0ad035.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
31-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Still a very rough sketch... Give it a second. The end result will look drastically different, if it all works out as I intend.

31-03-2014, 06:38 AM
(31-03-2014 01:39 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Still a very rough sketch... Give it a second. The end result will look drastically different, if it all works out as I intend.

Eh, your rough sketches look about on par or better than my polished pieces. Tongue
04-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Welp, here's some of what I do:

http://teresa-dye.artistwebsites.com/art...ection/all

Most of it is acrylics.

[Image: 2-red-rose-1-teresa-dye.jpg]

I eventually want to work my way up to large-scale gemstones. I'm thinking of starting a "Clockwork Universe" series though. Since my deconversion.
[+] 5 users Like Charis's post
04-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Those are amazing. I wish I could do that. I never did have as much fine detailed control with paints. Never quite seems to do what I want. It seems like I always have to wait to see what the paints going to allow me to do, then work with that. But I also don't do it way enough. Lots of clean up involved.

When I get home and have access to it I'll post some of my painted stuff. I don't think I posted any of that yet.

Really nice stuff, Charis! Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM
(04-04-2014 12:18 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Those are amazing. I wish I could do that. I never did have as much fine detailed control with paints. Never quite seems to do what I want. It seems like I always have to wait to see what the paints going to allow me to do, then work with that. But I also don't do it way enough. Lots of clean up involved.

When I get home and have access to it I'll post some of my painted stuff. I don't think I posted any of that yet.

THANK YOU!!
If you need any pointers, lemme know! I can't help you much with many specific mediums (like oils... I just work in acrylics and oil pastels), but I can give pointers on different principles and schtuff. <3
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I just realized that I had this one posted in another thread, but I might as well post it here too. If I recall right I drew it in 5th or 6th grade. I had a dinosaur book when I was a kid, and I drew a BUNCH of them, but this is all that has survived to this day.

[Image: 385843_2195410459453_1567247788_n.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 12:31 PM
(04-04-2014 12:23 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 12:18 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Those are amazing. I wish I could do that. I never did have as much fine detailed control with paints. Never quite seems to do what I want. It seems like I always have to wait to see what the paints going to allow me to do, then work with that. But I also don't do it way enough. Lots of clean up involved.

THANK YOU!!
If you need any pointers, lemme know! I can't help you much with many specific mediums (like oils... I just work in acrylics and oil pastels), but I can give pointers on different principles and schtuff. <3

I paint in oils. I've never loved acrylic because it dries so quickly! If I have anything I need, I will definitely be picking your brain! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post