Artist Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Artist Corner
(04-04-2014 12:09 PM)Charis Wrote:  Welp, here's some of what I do:

http://teresa-dye.artistwebsites.com/art...ection/all

Holy shit, that's awesome! I've never tried my hand at canvas painting. About all I do are pencil sketches, and I used to paint miniatures.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
(30-03-2014 06:56 PM)QUELSQUELS Wrote:  oh lala What a fun thread *wiggles fingers*

Here is a flower and squishy bug I painted a while ago [Image: 535726_320997894645237_618949037_n.jpg]

and a drawing I did for a haunted house competition [which was a big loser btw]
[Image: 993061_476886389056386_1076551035_n.jpg]

eww sorry for the large size

QUELSQUELS, I know you have to have more. I want to see yours too!

04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
(04-04-2014 12:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...
Holy shit, that's awesome! I've never tried my hand at canvas painting. About all I do are pencil sketches, and I used to paint miniatures.

I want to see your "miniatures", whatever those are?

04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
(04-04-2014 12:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Hee hee, thank you Robby! Pencil is great. You can convey so much drama in black and white. Also, there are very high-quality color pencil sets. I bet Sennellier has some. Not sure if they make pencils, but if they do, they'll be great (and a bit pricey, but worth it).
04-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Btw, I can't recommend this site enough:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/

Just look through it and go to the desired section. There's a gold mine of info available there and people of all levels of skill and expertise, from beginner to pro.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-04-2014, 01:13 PM
(04-04-2014 12:36 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 12:32 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ...

I want to see your "miniatures", whatever those are?

I think I only have one picture online. I'll have to take pics of the others.

They're lead, pewter, or plastic miniatures about an 1-1.5 inches tall. They're all fantasy-themed, and I use them for D&D. I haven't painted any in a while. At some point, I want to get 32 of them and make a chess board.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
04-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Holy crap, my brain is going nuts. I'm wanting to do that Clockwork Universe series. I do not yet know anything of clockwork except that it looks beyond fascinating. I can already tell that, in order to do it right, I have got a lot to learn about clockwork. Plus, I want to give it a transparent crystalline appearance. I'm going to need lots of math and tools and calculations, time and a big canvas for the right effect.

My brain just popped. I think this series will come later on or something. lol
04-04-2014, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 01:36 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(04-04-2014 01:21 PM)Charis Wrote:  Holy crap, my brain is going nuts. I'm wanting to do that Clockwork Universe series. I do not yet know anything of clockwork except that it looks beyond fascinating. I can already tell that, in order to do it right, I have got a lot to learn about clockwork. Plus, I want to give it a transparent crystalline appearance. I'm going to need lots of math and tools and calculations, time and a big canvas for the right effect.

My brain just popped. I think this series will come later on or something. lol

Well, there are all those actual mechanical, clockwork, models of the solarsystem they used to make back in the day, if you've seen them. Maybe look at those for some ideas?

[Edit: Like this sort of thing]
[Image: planetaria.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Most of it is acrylics.

[Image: 2-red-rose-1-teresa-dye.jpg]

I eventually want to work my way up to large-scale gemstones. I'm thinking of starting a "Clockwork Universe" series though. Since my deconversion.

You are an incredible painter Charis! Since most of those are acrylics I'd love to see what you can do with oil
we want moreeee please?Big Grin
04-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Thank you Raptor! That is a great starting point!

And Quels, tysm! I don't know the first thing about oils. I tried only once, but they're sooooo different from acrylics. I do like how I can layer acrylics fairly quickly and this is nice as I currently like glazing a lot.