Artist Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2014, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 08:58 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: Artist Corner
(04-04-2014 04:04 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Well, fine Blush
But these are pretty much the best samples I have so far. So most of what I do is worse than this. And nothing is ever complete Weeping

[Image: OGkkWBN.jpg]

[Image: nuDMPXC.png]

Always digital painting, too incompetent to use real stuff Blush

So I guess this isn't all about drawing, right? What other kind of art is accepted? Tongue

I can't believe you were nervous about posting these. These are great!

[Edit: I just noticed your question at the end there. I know I said in the OP that I only want to see drawings or paintings. Truth is I don't really care. I said that because that's mostly what I do, and what I'm interested in. I also do photography, but I wanted to see what people made with their hands, and 2D. I only really said that because if the thread ended up flooded with photography, or something else, then the reason I made it will be kind of lost in that, and a different thread could be made if that's what people want to do. Ultimately though, this thread isn't MY thread, it's OUR thread, so however it goes, it goes. And truth be told, if it's art, I love it! But I myself am curious to see what people can do with brush and pencil, but if you have something else you would just love to share...share it! Thumbsup ]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 08:49 PM
They really are.

Also, the subject of the thread is art, which encompasses drawing along with other mediums. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Okay, to explain briefly, I painted when I was in elementary school, but stopped for years afterwards. I occasionally messed with it a little here and there, but never formally painted anything. Just kind of messed around, or painted small objects and really basic things on cheap throw away 99ยข canvases that were barely larger than post cards, and not much thicker. This is the first actual, complete picture I've attempted...mostly since elementary school, at least with oils that is. It's not finished, as you can easily see when you look at the cliffs on the left and right.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2033]

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 09:28 PM
One I did in when...I think...I was in 6th grade. This was probably one of my last ones, before I kind of stopped with it for a long time, until now.

Most of my old stuff I don't have. I don't tend to keep my work, so I only every really have a small handful of things I've worked on at any given time. And most of it tends to be unfinished...you'll notice "unfinished" tends to be a running theme...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2035]

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 09:31 PM
(04-04-2014 09:28 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  One I did in when...I think...I was in 6th grade. This was probably one of my last ones, before I kind of stopped with it for a long time, until now.

Most of my old stuff I don't have. I don't tend to keep my work, so I only every really have a small handful of things I've worked on at any given time. And most of it tends to be unfinished...you'll notice "unfinished" tends to be a running theme...

I like that, esp your color scheme.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
04-04-2014, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 09:43 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
This one has as small story. A girl I was dating asked that I draw it for her. We broke it off, and the picture shows you when we did...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2036]

[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
04-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Okay, this one has a quick story too. First off I want to say I hate this thing, but I'm posting it anyway...

My mother kept repeatedly asking me to paint her a watercolor painting, despite the fact that I kept trying to explain to her that I don't paint in watercolors, and I have no experience with them, other than what anyone has ever done as a child, and that it involves a bunch of technicians I know nothing about.

But she KEPT asking for years, and years...and years, and years

So finally, to make her happy, I made this as a Mother's Day card.

But again, I hate it. It's the only thing I've ever actually tried with watercolors.

...except of one thing I tried to do a week ago, and I also ended up hating it still...

[Edit: She loves goldfinches. That's why I choose this as a picture...FYI.]

[Image: 223205_1589611234851_1049423_n.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
05-04-2014, 06:08 AM
The cover I designed for one of the three books I'm writing (slowly).

[Image: 5p4i9f.jpg]

All my actual art shit is on my pc so you'll have to wait till I do some on my laptop. This is the best you get for now.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-04-2014, 06:44 AM
You guys are awesome. Thanks for sharing your art. I love seeing the amazing creative talent that others have. Despite, and maybe because of, my compete lack of artistic ability, art has always fascinated me.

Keep sharing, please. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
05-04-2014, 07:11 AM
(04-04-2014 09:28 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  One I did in when...I think...I was in 6th grade. This was probably one of my last ones, before I kind of stopped with it for a long time, until now.

this.is.frigin.AMAZING!!!!!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post