Artist Corner.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2012, 02:48 PM
RE: Artist Corner.
(24-01-2012 02:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Here's an unfinished zombie piece I was doing to practice using the Bamboo pad I got.

Heart I love all the work on this thread, too!

So, the Bamboo pad - is it worth the investment? I have been contemplating it lately and might even spring for the higher dollar one. I've never encountered anyone who's used it so... I'd appreciate some pros and cons if you have any, thanks. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2012, 03:07 PM
(24-01-2012 02:48 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 02:20 PM)kineo Wrote:  Here's an unfinished zombie piece I was doing to practice using the Bamboo pad I got.

Heart I love all the work on this thread, too!

So, the Bamboo pad - is it worth the investment? I have been contemplating it lately and might even spring for the higher dollar one. I've never encountered anyone who's used it so... I'd appreciate some pros and cons if you have any, thanks. Smile

I can give you a review speaking as someone who's never used a drawing pad before. Without it I can't do any art on the computer, so in that way it's revolutionized my ability, and made it a whole lot more accessible for me. I was able to adapt to it very quickly, and I love it! For me it was totally worth it.

I got the $100 model, not the bottom of the line but the one above that. I've had it for about a year now so the models have changed a bit.

Pros: Easy to use, integrates excellently with Photoshop, feels pretty natural when drawing, easy to erase by flipping over to the eraser, function buttons on the drawing pen.

Cons: Small work space, can't rotate it well for a more natural drawing position. I've had a few other small gripes that I can't really remember at the moment, but obviously not enough to be memorable.

Like I said, I've never used a drawing pad before this one so I can't compare it to others. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
24-01-2012, 04:27 PM
(24-01-2012 03:07 PM)kineo Wrote:  Like I said, I've never used a drawing pad before this one so I can't compare it to others. Big Grin

Sweet! Great review - thanks! Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-01-2012, 04:40 PM
(24-01-2012 04:27 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 03:07 PM)kineo Wrote:  Like I said, I've never used a drawing pad before this one so I can't compare it to others. Big Grin

Sweet! Great review - thanks! Smile

No problem!
25-01-2012, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 05:29 AM by houseofcantor.)
I got the seventy buck bamboo; it works. I previously had a 9 by 12 Intuos 3; it was just huge. I've gotten some static from my bamboo about the angle of attack, with is probably derivative of having a craptastic video card while outputting HDMI to the 32" TV... Wacom's pretty much "proven tech," if I got a craving to digitize I'd go get me an Intous 4 supposing the boo continues to have an angle... none of it being money wasted.

What else I got over here? Did some time on a work-in-progress inspired by this thread, did a whole bunch of time not doing stuff this day in terms of substance abuse... food's a substance, that gets abused by the teeth, which also abuses the economy; I'm sitting here , hungry, with my coat on... and it's all Gwynnie's fault. Heart

[Image: th_church.jpg]

Who's fault is this scrap of copper? It seems to have become the most artistic thing left in the apartment after calling Chels and informing him he's got a present over here. What was once a piece of trash from the jobsite seems likely to become the artifact of our relationship. To him, I wasn't another day laborer; I was the Messiah. To me he wasn't another boss, he was the essential father.

The Wednesday morning after the LC showed up, we spent over a half hour sitting on the loading dock discussing my change of employment to prophet. From my wonderful childhood, Chelsea was the kind of man continually referenced by the adults as an ideal. A blue-collar superhero. A guy who always had a steady job, who did the job, who could not conceive of a reality without job. At the time, his job as superintendent required him to shoot the shit and occasionally drive around; for which he was reimbursed just over six figures. The blue-collar big leagues; moreso, however, was his being a former millionaire. As if seven figures were officer country; a place for an enlisted like him to sample but never remain.

And I was thirty seven; a poster child for what not to become. Transient drifter, convicted felon, drug user; with a work history cumulative through Social Security of about three years. Walking off a decent, steady job; to become a prophet. Loser-stick big leagues. Yet from anecdotal co-incident, I became a made man. I was able to communicate, failure to fortunate son, that the portrait on my arm of Gwyneth represented my material wealth; that I didn't really need money. The LC was large in memory at the time; to be able to know that Chelsea accepted my ethical standard seemed like part of prophecy.

Now that I know stuff; that was the moment I never received from the so-called family. The mother was cut from man-hating cloth; I was destined to be a no account loser. Didn't matter, having everybody else call me artist or poet or prodigy; so what if I won a couple of awards, I was just a man spawned from a bad seed. not bad enough to be actually insane, of course; that potential was also depreciated. In terms of them people, whining about it merely references them more than they deserve,

To get to where I was going, it took a made man to appreciate where I was coming from. The scrap of copper gets to be art without the voluminous backstory; should it become relic, Chels can cash in.

From the scrap of copper, I get to return to the origin of evil; as art. In the past, thoughts of using Chels's employer to reference being a prophet were depreciated; in no wise would value be achieved by associating a local corporation with that kind of potential taint. In the mindset of those types similar to my family; I've managed to add psychopath and felon to the listed lack of accomplishment, where going back is only to serve as a reminder...

What I remembered is how those first two weeks ended up being the "best evidence" to make a case of "sign from god;" before I became this rational, logical atheist, of course.

Only; most of my shirts have embroidered identity of SLC, like the one now being worn... what's that shit called, performance art? That sounds much more better than potential nexus of religious nonsense. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-01-2012, 01:23 PM
(22-01-2012 09:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice, thought we already had one of these around here somewhere but nothing wrong with a little reinvigoration through repetition

Oops! I did a search but nothing came up Sad Would love to see this thread.

Kineo- love zombies, yup!
29-01-2012, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 01:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-01-2012 01:23 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(22-01-2012 09:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nice, thought we already had one of these around here somewhere but nothing wrong with a little reinvigoration through repetition

Oops! I did a search but nothing came up Sad Would love to see this thread.

Not surprising, it's 18 pages deep into The Casual Coffeehouse and never got much traction. Here you go. Tazmin's is very cool.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Thank you! Love it.