As Seen On TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2017, 06:16 AM
As Seen On TV
You see all sorts of stupid shit advertised on TV -- usually for $19.95 -- BUT WAIT --- there's MORE!!!....

Almost without fail, the stuff they're hawking isn't worth what they're asking -- even if -- BUT WAIT -- we'll send you a SECOND one, for just added shipping and handling......

Every once in a while - there's an exception.

Copper Chef pans. We picked up a couple of these non stick pans --- and they do have some advantages. If you believe the advertising - you can't scratch these - but I'm not buying it. BUT - shit does not stick. You can cook an egg on it with no oil or grease. The egg just slides around in the pan. You can take cheese - and put it right on the bottom of the pan - and let it melt, and get browned -- and it doesn't stick. I made some corned beef hash the other day in the oven with it - and it was the best I've ever made. Everything crisped up nice - nothing burned, and I only spent 30 seconds washing the pan, when done.

The one downside -- you can burn shit that will discolor the pan - and I suspect it becomes a whole less "non-stick" once you do. So careful with the heat.

Do you have any notable experiences with the "as seen on tv" shit??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2017, 07:25 AM
RE: As Seen On TV
I often joke when those ads come on that the end pitch is going to be that if you order right now your get TWO of whatever it is.

Yesterday I saw one for some hair care products targeted at women with thinning hair. I was waiting for the 'if you order right now you get two' blurb when I looked at the screen and the fine print said....financing available. Blink Holy shit! Shampoo and conditioner so expensive you may need to finance it?!?! No wonder they didn't have the price posted.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I sell "as seen on tv" shit. We have a stand (a large one) just for as seen on tv shit.
It's no different to any other shit we sell except the owner has paid for the "as seen on tv" marketing privilege.

In my experience most of the time it's shit that's way WAAAAY overcomplicating a simple task that no one has an issue with but all the marketing makes it sound like you have a problem when you really don't. Example, peeling. No one needs a peeler with a rotating head with three different blades. Nobody in the world needs that shit. And yet.. "I've saved so much time peeling with the roto peeler that FIIIINNNALLYY I can enjoy my own party" (actual line from a never ending loop we have on a small screen advertising stand thingy. I know the whole advert off by heart.).

Don't get me wrong, some, and I mean SOME, of it is good. Like the automatic can opener. Fucking brilliant. But yea, most of it is fucking over complicated over priced trash.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-01-2017, 07:33 AM
(29-01-2017 07:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I often joke when those ads come on that the end pitch is going to be that if you order right now your get TWO of whatever it is.

Yesterday I saw one for some hair care products targeted at women with thinning hair. I was waiting for the 'if you order right now you get two' blurb when I looked at the screen and the fine print said....financing available. Blink Holy shit! Shampoo and conditioner so expensive you may need to finance it?!?! No wonder they didn't have the price posted.

Yea what's with this not saying the price thing lately?
It's so fucking seedy. "Try risk free in your home for only $19.99 dollars!"
That's all these infomercials say now. The product could be like $200 but it's all "try risk free for 30 days for ONLY $19.99"... until you get a bill in the mail for the $180 difference...

[Image: oscar.png]
29-01-2017, 07:47 AM
The nonstick copper pan I bought (in a store, but it was an as-seen-on-tv one) works great so far.

Also the various Shaun T workout DVDs are pretty good. He knows how to cue and work with the music, and he's so pretty...
29-01-2017, 08:25 AM
As Seen On TV
I have them too and they are great. Remember to season them first and then a couple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
29-01-2017, 10:54 AM
My parents' hometown news station has "Test it Tuesday" for the As Seen on TV stuff. Link in case anyone wants to browse the segments for anything they might order.

Also good to know on the nonstick copper pans from a few folks Smile Need to go buy one.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Well, this was certainly entertaining.Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
29-01-2017, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2017 11:25 AM by Anjele.)
That hair curling blow dryer thing would leave me with a messy rat's nest that no amount of conditioner and patience would get out.

Reminds me of the 'Flowbee'. Anyone remember that? A neighbor of ours when we were on Ft. Jackson ordered one. Do you know what a haircut looks like when done by a Flowbee? It looks just as you would expect it to.

Apparently they are still in production and are made right here in Texas...yeehaw!

https://www.flowbee.com/

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-01-2017, 01:17 PM
(29-01-2017 06:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You see all sorts of stupid shit advertised on TV -- usually for $19.95 -- BUT WAIT --- there's MORE!!!....

Almost without fail, the stuff they're hawking isn't worth what they're asking -- even if -- BUT WAIT -- we'll send you a SECOND one, for just added shipping and handling......

Every once in a while - there's an exception.

Copper Chef pans. We picked up a couple of these non stick pans --- and they do have some advantages. If you believe the advertising - you can't scratch these - but I'm not buying it. BUT - shit does not stick. You can cook an egg on it with no oil or grease. The egg just slides around in the pan. You can take cheese - and put it right on the bottom of the pan - and let it melt, and get browned -- and it doesn't stick. I made some corned beef hash the other day in the oven with it - and it was the best I've ever made. Everything crisped up nice - nothing burned, and I only spent 30 seconds washing the pan, when done.

The one downside -- you can burn shit that will discolor the pan - and I suspect it becomes a whole less "non-stick" once you do. So careful with the heat.

Do you have any notable experiences with the "as seen on tv" shit??

Link to the pan? Don't watch a lot of TV, soooooo. I need a new skillet.

I loved the Ped Egg. Nice hand-held cheese grater for your feet. Smile

My man bought years ago a Ronco Food Dehydrator, in fact I think we still have it, but not sure if it works or not. But I will admit we used it a lot and liked it (we were camping a lot then). I'm also quite ashamed to admit, I don't have a proper mandoline and have been using my grandma's Ronco Slicer for years now...

We also have a juicer...Jack Lalanne...also purchased by the man. We still use it, when we harvest apple-pears for making mead (haven't had a decent crop in a few years tho). Although we did use it last year for something...Maybe plumbs..I don't recall.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces