As Seen On TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2017, 01:29 PM
RE: As Seen On TV
The original survival tool. The bobber alone has saved many lives. And when you weren't trying to disassemble and reassemble the entire thing to unravel the twisted up line to get ready to go do some fishin', it made a great phaser or sonic screwdriver. (Wrist strap extra.)

[Image: hqdefault_zpsiin7kg0m.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2017, 03:11 PM
(29-01-2017 01:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 06:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You see all sorts of stupid shit advertised on TV -- usually for $19.95 -- BUT WAIT --- there's MORE!!!....

Almost without fail, the stuff they're hawking isn't worth what they're asking -- even if -- BUT WAIT -- we'll send you a SECOND one, for just added shipping and handling......

Every once in a while - there's an exception.

Copper Chef pans. We picked up a couple of these non stick pans --- and they do have some advantages. If you believe the advertising - you can't scratch these - but I'm not buying it. BUT - shit does not stick. You can cook an egg on it with no oil or grease. The egg just slides around in the pan. You can take cheese - and put it right on the bottom of the pan - and let it melt, and get browned -- and it doesn't stick. I made some corned beef hash the other day in the oven with it - and it was the best I've ever made. Everything crisped up nice - nothing burned, and I only spent 30 seconds washing the pan, when done.

The one downside -- you can burn shit that will discolor the pan - and I suspect it becomes a whole less "non-stick" once you do. So careful with the heat.

Do you have any notable experiences with the "as seen on tv" shit??

Link to the pan? Don't watch a lot of TV, soooooo. I need a new skillet.

I loved the Ped Egg. Nice hand-held cheese grater for your feet. Smile

My man bought years ago a Ronco Food Dehydrator, in fact I think we still have it, but not sure if it works or not. But I will admit we used it a lot and liked it (we were camping a lot then). I'm also quite ashamed to admit, I don't have a proper mandoline and have been using my grandma's Ronco Slicer for years now...

We also have a juicer...Jack Lalanne...also purchased by the man. We still use it, when we harvest apple-pears for making mead (haven't had a decent crop in a few years tho). Although we did use it last year for something...Maybe plumbs..I don't recall.

http://www.asseenontvandbeyond.com/Coppe...wAodoZ4MTQ

I've seen some really bad reviews for them online -- but, I've had great success with them so far....

It pays to read the directions... The SO smoke tested one the other day -(got it too hot and burned the surface) - but found out how to clean it back up. Good as new.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-01-2017, 03:21 PM
(29-01-2017 03:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 01:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Link to the pan? Don't watch a lot of TV, soooooo. I need a new skillet.

I loved the Ped Egg. Nice hand-held cheese grater for your feet. Smile

My man bought years ago a Ronco Food Dehydrator, in fact I think we still have it, but not sure if it works or not. But I will admit we used it a lot and liked it (we were camping a lot then). I'm also quite ashamed to admit, I don't have a proper mandoline and have been using my grandma's Ronco Slicer for years now...

We also have a juicer...Jack Lalanne...also purchased by the man. We still use it, when we harvest apple-pears for making mead (haven't had a decent crop in a few years tho). Although we did use it last year for something...Maybe plumbs..I don't recall.

http://www.asseenontvandbeyond.com/Coppe...wAodoZ4MTQ

I've seen some really bad reviews for them online -- but, I've had great success with them so far....

It pays to read the directions... The SO smoke tested one the other day -(got it too hot and burned the surface) - but found out how to clean it back up. Good as new.

For some of these things even if they don't last I still prefer them over durable more expensive versions. I'd rather have a $20 pan which lasts for a year and replace it than a $200 one which I'd have to keep and tend to for 10 years to just make it worth it. Same with cooking utensils and kitchen knives. Brand new cheap kitchen knives can be as sharp as professional ones costing 10x or more when they're new and I just throw them out when they're dull instead of having to keep to a sharpening schedule. And I see no need for anything other than cast iron pots and pans. Once properly seasoned they're non-stick with a wet rag cleanup, last for generations, and I haven't found anything I can't make with them.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-01-2017, 03:26 PM
I need new sauce pans...I would prefer a non-stick finish but I don't know what kind to get. I have various sizes of frying pans that are still in good shape so I don't need to buy a set that includes frying pans/skillets or large kettles...I have plenty of those too because they don't get used that often. I'd like to find a good 1, 2, and 3 quart set that won't break the bank.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-01-2017, 03:39 PM
(29-01-2017 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 03:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.asseenontvandbeyond.com/Coppe...wAodoZ4MTQ

For some of these things even if they don't last I still prefer them over durable more expensive versions. I'd rather have a $20 pan which lasts for a year and replace it than a $200 one which I'd have to keep and tend to for 10 years to just make it worth it. Same with cooking utensils and kitchen knives. Brand new cheap kitchen knives can be as sharp as professional ones costing 10x or more when they're new and I just throw them out when they're dull instead of having to keep to a sharpening schedule. And I see no need for anything other than cast iron pots and pans. Once properly seasoned they're non-stick with a wet rag cleanup, last for generations, and I haven't found anything I can't make with them.

Can't agree more about the cast-iron pans. Thumbsup
29-01-2017, 05:03 PM
(29-01-2017 03:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  http://www.asseenontvandbeyond.com/Coppe...wAodoZ4MTQ

Try this with cast iron.. (I have a set of those too)

Make garlic bread with a Copper Chef pan --- melt garlic butter in pan -- toss in bread... Pull bread out - put mozzarella cheese directly on pan, put bread back on top of mozzarella... Let cheese brown. Flip pan over - bread drops out - perfect......

I don't think my cast iron will do that....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-01-2017, 05:17 PM
(29-01-2017 05:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 03:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For some of these things even if they don't last I still prefer them over durable more expensive versions. I'd rather have a $20 pan which lasts for a year and replace it than a $200 one which I'd have to keep and tend to for 10 years to just make it worth it. Same with cooking utensils and kitchen knives. Brand new cheap kitchen knives can be as sharp as professional ones costing 10x or more when they're new and I just throw them out when they're dull instead of having to keep to a sharpening schedule. And I see no need for anything other than cast iron pots and pans. Once properly seasoned they're non-stick with a wet rag cleanup, last for generations, and I haven't found anything I can't make with them.

Try this with cast iron.. (I have a set of those too)

Make garlic bread with a Copper Chef pan --- melt garlic butter in pan -- toss in bread... Pull bread out - put mozzarella cheese directly on pan, put bread back on top of mozzarella... Let cheese brown. Flip pan over - bread drops out - perfect......

I don't think my cast iron will do that....

I don't need to do tricks with it, I just need it to cook my food.
29-01-2017, 06:54 PM

I have some cast iron pans but really don't use them often. We have two really expensive Le Creuset (porcelain covered cast iron) that are really my "go to" for many things. They're looking like shit but they still function perfectly and we've had them for years. I also have a huge stainless steal I picked up at a resteraunt supply place for practically nothing (I love it because it can go into the dishwasher). But there are a few things I just prefer using a decent nonstick pan for. Like when I do eggs (because I'm picky about those) or saute or pan fry something breaded.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Due to the spastic nature of my hands and arms...I don't think trying to use cast iron is the answer for me. I can see the smashing of floor tiles when my nerves decides to act up and I lose the ability to grip anything with my hands. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-01-2017, 09:19 AM
(29-01-2017 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The original survival tool. The bobber alone has saved many lives. And when you weren't trying to disassemble and reassemble the entire thing to unravel the twisted up line to get ready to go do some fishin', it made a great phaser or sonic screwdriver. (Wrist strap extra.)

[Image: hqdefault_zpsiin7kg0m.jpg]

Bought one of those things many many years ago. Used it maybe three times before the rod broke.

The only other thing I bought over the TV was a CD of Stompin' Tom Conner's Greatest Hits. I. Love. It.