As a science teacher...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: As a science teacher...
(04-06-2014 10:02 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  He posted all his garbage then had the balls to say he didn't want any debate about it, that he was stating how he feels.

The whole point of NOMA is to shut down discussion and remove religion from scrutiny. It's the basic stance of any otherwise logical person who does not want the same standards applied to their faith. Also, see compartmentalization.

You're not going to get an honest debate out of this guy because he's implicitly stated that he doesn't want one.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-06-2014, 07:38 AM
(05-06-2014 07:33 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-06-2014 10:02 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  He posted all his garbage then had the balls to say he didn't want any debate about it, that he was stating how he feels.

The whole point of NOMA is to shut down discussion and remove religion from scrutiny. It's the basic stance of any otherwise logical person who does not want the same standards applied to their faith. Also, see compartmentalization.

You're not going to get an honest debate out of this guy because he's implicitly stated that he doesn't want one.

Yea he's gone now so I won't be seeing that crap anymore. Thing is, he was really cool until the Blackhawks fell out of the playoffs. When he didn't have hockey to talk about he just moved to this. WOW!
05-06-2014, 02:14 PM
(04-06-2014 10:02 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  "As a science teacher I really dislike when people try to use scientific fact to disagree with faith -- they really are separate. I often tell students I never saw Jesus but have faith that he was sent to teach us how to live -- but want to see fossils and evidence of changes in man. all but fundamental Christian scientists have accepted evolution, and Evolutionary scientists don't ever consider debating these ideas -- athiests should try something else! " Shocking

"As a science teacher". Ken Ham starts his points the same way.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
05-06-2014, 02:20 PM
(04-06-2014 10:22 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  What's the point?

She doesn't want to debate, so don't force her. You won't impress anyone by being a jerk, so let it go.

Besides, if she is still teaching science rather than creationist crap, who cares if she thinks Jesus was real? My only beef is when teachers try to turn science class into bible study.

Well said this! Yes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post