Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 02:46 PM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
(23-08-2017 01:37 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Two words describe my pride in President Trump:

Neil Gorsuch.

In other words: Trump may not be able to read or write (or has other notable skills), but he knows somebody who can read or write (or has any notable skills).
I am impressed
[Image: giphy.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
23-08-2017, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 03:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-08-2017 02:14 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The point is that Trump did as much to get Gorsuch onto the Supreme Court as McConnell or anyone else did. If you think this is a good thing, Trump deserves some of the credit.

Under normal circumstances you make a fair point, on the other hand, in this particular circumstance Trump had never heard of anyone named Gorsuch prior to signing his nomination and has long since forgotten who he is. Only thing Grampa gets credit for here is singing his name where's he told. He has no clue nor care what Gorsuch's legal foundations or principles are.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Trump did something any president... that doesn't die in 3 months.. had done.

McConnell did something no senate majority leader or any capable politician with the ability to do so had done in spearheading the year long withdraw of added a supreme court justice. So I think beyond the notion of simply winning the election, nobody else deserves the status of causing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-08-2017, 04:53 PM
(23-08-2017 04:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Trump did something any president... that doesn't die in 3 months.. had done.

McConnell did something no senate majority leader or any capable politician with the ability to do so had done in spearheading the year long withdraw of added a supreme court justice. So I think beyond the notion of simply winning the election, nobody else deserves the status of causing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The fact remains that no matter what McConnell did or didn't do, there's no way the Senate would have confirmed Garland. It pisses me off that McConnell wouldn't let the process even get started, but Garland wouldn't have been confirmed anyway. So ultimately, McConnell's actions made no difference. You are giving him way too much "credit". A Senate with a Republican majority would never have confirmed any Obama nomination.
23-08-2017, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 05:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-08-2017 04:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Trump did something any president... that doesn't die in 3 months.. had done.

Lowered the vote threshold from 60 to 51 as well. Trump couldn't have done that. Although Reid had already set that precedent for lower courts.

The best thing to come from the latest todo is that I am now more confident in the 60-vote threshold required to pass non-budgetary legislationin the Senate than ever. If Trump thinks he can bully McConnell into changing that, Grampa is very very wrong. Only makes McConnell want to preserve it even more. McConnell was there a long time before Trump and he's gonna be there after he goes.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2017, 05:59 PM
It's good to see people with integrity speaking out but it leaves fewer and fewer of them in government...

Daniel Kammen resigns

Quote:A State Department climate science envoy resigned Wednesday in a public letter posted on Twitter over what he says is President Donald Trump's "attacks on the core values" of the United States with his response to violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. .... Kammen's letter spells out "I-M-P-E-A-C-H" in the first letter of each paragraph.

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
24-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Well it took 7 months for it to happen, but Trump has FINALLY done something that made me say "good for him." They just said on the news that Trump demanded that all the White House renovations be made with materials made in the USA.

I try my best to buy American. It's gotten harder and harder in recent years. Squeeky dog toys and baby stuff is especially hard.

So, for the first time, I applaud Trump.

Assuming it isn't fake news. I'm pretty sure the TV is not tuned to Fox...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
24-08-2017, 03:02 PM
(24-08-2017 02:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Well it took 7 months for it to happen, but Trump has FINALLY done something that made me say "good for him." They just said on the news that Trump demanded that all the White House renovations be made with materials made in the USA.

Um. He isn't paying for the renovations or doing the work, so he can look all "America First" at no cost to himself. When it comes to any of his buildings, golf courses, etc. - it's "OH, the Chinese steel is 5% cheaper than American? I love Chinese steel! Believe me, I'm all about importing Chinese steel!"
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
24-08-2017, 03:28 PM
(24-08-2017 03:02 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 02:54 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Well it took 7 months for it to happen, but Trump has FINALLY done something that made me say "good for him." They just said on the news that Trump demanded that all the White House renovations be made with materials made in the USA.

Um. He isn't paying for the renovations or doing the work, so he can look all "America First" at no cost to himself. When it comes to any of his buildings, golf courses, etc. - it's "OH, the Chinese steel is 5% cheaper than American? I love Chinese steel! Believe me, I'm all about importing Chinese steel!"
Oh I absolutely agree with you. BUT he didn't have to demand that the renovations be done with American made goods. AND even if it's just for political reasons, if it means that the White House renovations get done with only American goods, then I see that as a positive thing. With some potential for pointing out how difficult it may be to stick with it.

Doesn't make me think a damn bit higher of him as a person. No doubt it is him doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. But I'll take it.

I'm also glad HE isn't personally responsible for paying the contractors...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
24-08-2017, 03:31 PM
OTOH you could see this as president is happy to waste taxpayer money for political points Tongue Here's a thought: who's supplying these American made goods? Betcha the trail will lead back to a Trump hanger-on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.