Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2017, 04:26 PM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
(24-08-2017 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  OTOH you could see this as president is happy to waste taxpayer money for political points Tongue Here's a thought: who's supplying these American made goods? Betcha the trail will lead back to a Trump hanger-on.
Damn. You're probably right.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2017, 07:12 PM
[Image: miss-me-yet-599f79.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
24-08-2017, 08:18 PM
ManlyGirl said casually while glancing at Grampa babbling incoherently about nothing, "At least it's a relief to know that Mattis and McMaster swapped in a dummy football as soon as they got there."

The only thing saving us from a military coup at this point is the patriotism and creeds our military has burned into them. I think we'll be okay.

#sigh
24-08-2017, 08:22 PM
(24-08-2017 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl said casually while glancing at Grampa babbling incoherently about nothing, "At least it's a relief to know that Mattis and McMaster swapped in a dummy football as soon as they got there."

The only thing saving us from a military coup at this point is the patriotism and creeds our military has burned into them. I think we'll be okay.

A military coup has crossed my mind too - there are enough generals in the Whitehouse now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-08-2017, 08:26 PM
(24-08-2017 08:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 08:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ManlyGirl said casually while glancing at Grampa babbling incoherently about nothing, "At least it's a relief to know that Mattis and McMaster swapped in a dummy football as soon as they got there."

A military coup has crossed my mind too - there are enough generals in the Whitehouse now.

Won't happen. Our military leaders aren't where they are because they want to see an expanded role for the military in governmental affairs, our military leaders are where they are because they know where the limits of military involvement should be drawn. They've already got him sectioned off in a need-to-know containment area.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-08-2017, 08:36 PM
At some point we are going to be forced to curtail military spending. That will be when we see a military coup.

It will generally have the same battle cry as every other military coup in history:

"Men, its up to US. We have to save our country from the lunatics who are running it."

I hope to be dead by then.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
25-08-2017, 08:04 AM
I am amazed that anyone could listen to him for more that a minute and not see him as the carnival barker that he is.
It really is much like the way people fall for televangelists.
I have not had a lot of faith in the "electorate" but I didn't suspect that we had reached this sort of tipping point.
I thought a large enough percentage of people had at least near average facilities for reasoning.
The worm has turned.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 7 users Like BikerDude's post
27-08-2017, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 12:02 PM by Propwash.)
I'm English and sorry to butt into this thread, but maybe you can clear up a few points for me and my fellow Brits in case we're not getting full news coverage of events in America-
1- Trump wants to "make America great again", so why are some people (and the entire Democrat party) against him?
2- He wants to keep muslim terrorists out, and wants to build a wall to keep mexican bad hombres from coming in and pumping your kids full of drugs, so why do some people oppose him on that?
3- He calls Obamacare a "disgrace", yet the Democrats scuppered his plan to scrap it. Is Obamacare a good or bad thing?
4- He's got an Economics degree from the Uni of Pennsylvania, so surely that makes him highly qualified to handle the US economy and make you all as rich as him in 4 years?
5- Finally, in what ways would Hillary have made a better President than him?
PS- my personal view at the moment is that America is lucky to have him, he's already faced down Putin and Kim, and has got the Venezuelan and Cuban regimes in his crosshairs next..Smile
27-08-2017, 12:00 PM
[Image: mpbp.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-08-2017, 12:12 PM
(27-08-2017 11:59 AM)Propwash Wrote:  I'm English and sorry to butt into this thread, but maybe you can clear up a few points for me and my fellow Brits in case we're not getting full news coverage of events in America-
1- Trump wants to "make America great again", so why are some people (and the entire Democrat party) against him?

Perhaps because they look for the content rather than the slogans.

Quote:2- He wants to keep muslim terrorists out, and wants to build a wall to keep mexican bad hombres from coming in and pumping your kids full of drugs, so why do some people oppose him on that?

Perhaps because simplistic "solutions" for complex problems that show no understanding of the issues

3- He calls Obamacare a "disgrace", yet the Democrats scuppered his plan to scrap it. Is Obamacare a good or bad thing?
4- He's got an Economics degree from the Uni of Pennsylvania, so surely that makes him highly qualified to handle the US economy and make you all as rich as him in 4 years?
5- Finally, in what ways would Hillary have made a better President than him?
PS- my personal view at the moment is that America is lucky to have him, he's already faced down Putin and Kim, and has got the Venezuelan and Cuban regimes in his crosshairs next..Smile
[/quote]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP