Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 08:32 AM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
(19-08-2017 08:21 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 08:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  And yet I notice neither you or backslider have voted yes, why is that ?

I can't get it to work on my phone. Not sure what the deal is. I'm using Firefox on a brand new LG V20 and I can't get it to select a choice. I select yes, hit submit and it goes to a blank white screen.

My phone has the same problem when it comes to voting here, like you said just goes to a white screen of death, maybe a windows phone thing idk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 08:44 AM
(19-08-2017 08:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  How so ? What or who is he better than what it could be ?

Well, they could've gotten the creature from the black lagoon... instead of the one that slithered out of the orange swamp. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-08-2017, 09:02 AM
(19-08-2017 08:06 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 07:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Exactly. He just out and out lies. All by himself.
Facepalm
I've never understood people who think this in earnest like ldh.

Trump talks repeatedly in political calculated phrases the same way they all do.

He so often pulls the... "they" card saying oh I can't say this, they'll he mad, I shouldn't... says it... then goes oh I didn't though but if I did they'd be mad but there I said it but not.

He does that and the nobody knows but believe me I can gimmick always as well and somehow saying the same thing every speach is off the cuff and like a working man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yup. He's a conman. He claims to be going against the politically correct factor but what he's really doing is using it for leverage to market himself.

By the way, politically correct (PC) is something my mother and others of her generation used to call Polite and Curteous. Gawd forbid that we should have some basic decency and not mawk the handicap in a campaign speech.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Even if you agree with some or all of his policies and think he's leading the country in the right direction, "proud" seems hard to justify from any angle. I wouldn't want to be around him or want anyone I care about to be around him.

[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
19-08-2017, 09:27 AM
(19-08-2017 09:06 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Even if you agree with some or all of his policies and think he's leading the country in the right direction

You're the loner type? The only thing Trump is doing is isolating the US from all other countries while doing all he can to strategically weaken women and gay rights and not even attempting to solve the systemic deficit problem of the federal government by not reducing spending in major way and lowering taxes.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
19-08-2017, 09:36 AM
(19-08-2017 09:27 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 09:06 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Even if you agree with some or all of his policies and think he's leading the country in the right direction

You're the loner type? The only thing Trump is doing is isolating the US from all other countries while doing all he can to strategically weaken women and gay rights and not even attempting to solve the systemic deficit problem of the federal government by not reducing spending in major way and lowering taxes.

No I'm saying I have trouble with anyone, even his supporters, even his wife, even his children, feeling "pride" in the man. But obviously many people agree with some or all of his policies and think he's leading the country in the right direction.

19-08-2017, 09:51 AM
I hate Trump
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
19-08-2017, 10:50 AM
(19-08-2017 08:44 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 08:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  How so ? What or who is he better than what it could be ?

Well, they could've gotten the creature from the black lagoon... instead of the one that slithered out of the orange swamp. Drinking Beverage
They're remaking that movie. Coincidence? I think not! Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
19-08-2017, 12:38 PM
I did not vote for Trump, but remained cautiously optimistic when he was elected, knowing that the climb out of the morass would begin from that point and not from the bottom, where our nation would have fallen under a Clinton administration that continued the Progressive Agenda so speeded up by Obama.

Barry Obama has been the only president in my adult lifetime that I felt I had to apologize for to my non-American friends. I cringed that he and his bride were my representatives around the globe.

I approve of much of what Trump says in his speeches and I find them uplifting.

It is difficult to say whether or not I am proud of him as my president, as he has just begun and the media and others against him and/or his administration have not let one second go by without giving us their jaundiced and hate-filled opinions about him and it...as well about any who may be supportive.

I can't actually say that I have been proud of any president all the time, but I have been proud of moments during their terms and satisfied with the outcome of their agendas.

I mean...it is a shit job, right? If a person can do it and not get us killed and not junk the Constitution and our lives get better under the administration and the debt/unfunded mandates grow smaller and more people are working...well, at the end of the day that is something to be proud of, I guess.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
19-08-2017, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 01:24 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
No. If you voted for Trump for pragmatic reasons, then I can understand that. If you're proud of him being a president, then either you're incredibly naive, misguided, or just an idiot. Also, I'm not proud of anything that I didn't personally accomplish.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post