Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 01:02 PM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Has anyone here really been "proud" of their national leaders? I'm trying to think of some action by a US president recently where I thought, "Wow, that's an act of courage that totally goes against their self-interest and the interests of their party and cronies."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
19-08-2017, 01:08 PM
(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has his faults. He's a terrible public speaker and that leads to his being misunderstood on important issues. I often cringe when I listen to him speak. During some of the debates, his rambling answers would make me shake my head.

I support him because he has the balls to say what a lot of us in middle America are thinking. Politicians are always so afraid of saying the wrong thing. They always have some slick answer prepared, because most are lawyers with years of slick talking experience in the courtroom. We are so accustomed to our politicians being politically correct that a guy like Trump appears to be unfit. We see the same repetitive bullshit from our politicians. They talk to us the way a lawyer talks to a jury, three to four words at a time with a short pause between. It's so damn fake I hate it.

At least with Trump we don't get some bullshit talking points his staff tells him to say. Every time a damn politician opens their mouth all we get is a generic politically correct bullshit response. So fake.

Trump's doing what I expect of any republican president: Appoint conservative judges to federal courts. Be tough with military force. Crack down on illegal immigration. Cancel as many Obama era directives and programs as possible (like operation choke point that was canceled this past week).

As long as he continues doing those things he's a success in my book.

Bush Jr had his faults, Bill Clinton had his Faults, Reagan had his faults.

45 isn't just incompetent, he is a dangerous ASSHOLE who thinks politics is his own personal Jerry Springer episode.

Sold five years of birtherism. He announces his run by calling Mexicans rapists. Burns his way through his own GOP primaries making sexist remarks about Carly's looks. Attacked the SERVICE OF MCCAIN. Vilified and ENTIRE RELIGION. Attacked INTEL denying what 17 agencies were telling him. Attacked sitting judges with no record of impropriety. Implied violence towards protesters. Implied treasonous "2nd amendment" sedition against a political rival. Vilifies the press, the core watchdog that holds our government to account.

And now that fuckface cannot make an unambiguous statement about right and wrong and equated those responding to racism as being equal to racists?

And what happend, several companies RIGHTFULLY ditched their association with him along with several charities. Only a sicko would equate Neo Nazis and the KKK to the likes of Heather Herey.

Those are not "faults" that is a tactic, and a very dangerous political tactic.

NOBODY has talked running or in office like he has. Romney had his gaffs sure, but I got no sense of political vilification. McCain didn't talk like him. Bush Jr didn't talk like him. Bush Sr didn't talk like him and Reagan didn't talk like him.

That fuckface has no filter and that is what makes him dangerous. It is not our fault some are too fucking delusional to see that.

When you have even 50 republcican LAW AGENTS warn you of what an asshole like 45 can do, maybe you should listen and not defend that sick fuckface.

And I don't want to hear his supporters bitch. Nobody forced him to talk like he has. Nobody forced him to run. Criticism and even ridicule is what every politician faces in office. Obama got treated like shit by GOP voters and Fucks News, but he didn't whine like a little crybaby man bitch.

"Flaws" yep, his "flaw" is that his daddy verbally abused him and most likely beat him too while he was growing up, so he grew up to be a fucking jackass bully.

But when you have even Montan's State capital now agreeing to take down Civil war monuments. And you have Six Flags removing it's civil war flag. And you have Duke university removing a civil war statue. When you have 20,000 counter protesters to a asshole rally in Boston..........

GUESS WHAT, you are having your ass handed to you. Bigots and bullies deserve to have their asses handed to them.

45 is flat out unfit to lead and the sane knew that at the beginning of his run.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Brian37's post
19-08-2017, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2017 02:54 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-08-2017 01:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Has anyone here really been "proud" of their national leaders? I'm trying to think of some action by a US president recently where I thought, "Wow, that's an act of courage that totally goes against their self-interest and the interests of their party and cronies."

Just finished watching Ken Burns "The Roosevelts, An Intimate History" .. that he did for PBS. I can see why people were proud of FDR.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-08-2017, 01:15 PM
No, I think he's scary... And ignorant... And other things that I won't bother listing...

It's unlikely that I would be proud of any president, I think. They would have to really go beyond my expectations.

Luckily, I plan on leaving this country soon, so I try not to worry about it too much.
19-08-2017, 01:34 PM
(19-08-2017 01:02 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Has anyone here really been "proud" of their national leaders? I'm trying to think of some action by a US president recently where I thought, "Wow, that's an act of courage that totally goes against their self-interest and the interests of their party and cronies."

How about when Gore actually won the presidency but let it go uncontested in order to protect the overall institution?
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
19-08-2017, 01:37 PM
(19-08-2017 01:34 PM)ImFred Wrote:  

How about when Gore actually won the presidency but let it go uncontested in order to protect the overall institution?

Once the Supreme Court ruled, was there any choice? (not a debate point, serious question) What was there to do but concede?
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
19-08-2017, 01:52 PM
(19-08-2017 01:37 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 01:34 PM)ImFred Wrote:  How about when Gore actually won the presidency but let it go uncontested in order to protect the overall institution?

Once the Supreme Court ruled, was there any choice? (not a debate point, serious question) What was there to do but concede?

Trump wouldn't have because he's a banana republic style Idi Amin wannabe filthy criminal cunt.
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
19-08-2017, 02:00 PM
(19-08-2017 01:52 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 01:37 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Once the Supreme Court ruled, was there any choice? (not a debate point, serious question) What was there to do but concede?

Trump wouldn't have because he's a banana republic style Idi Amin wannabe filthy criminal cunt.

Folks,

The best description of Trump comes from a Russian diplomat, who calls him "a nonentity".

D.
19-08-2017, 02:02 PM
(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has his faults. He's a terrible public speaker and that leads to his being misunderstood on important issues.

I can only agree wholeheartedly. Problem is, his plethora of extremely bad points far, far outweighs any of his slightly good points. As a public speaker, he's unable to communicate with his audience at any intelligible or logical level—he delivers his rambling monologues and witless diatribes like a 16-year-old high-school debater. And if, as you say, he's "being misunderstood" by his audience, then that's solely his fault, and nothing to do with the people's (as alleged by you) misinterpretation. The POTUS must absolutely be a master of the language and competent, ad hoc verbal communicator—not somebody who has trouble even reading a teleprompter LOL.

Quote:I often cringe when I listen to him speak. During some of the debates, his rambling answers would make me shake my head.

Agree again. But you need to remember that this bloke is (potentially) the most powerful single individual in the entire world. Surely his illogical, incoherent and usually digressive speeches should be of serious concern to us, and not only those in the US. And we thought GW Bush and R Reagan were barely literate? Compared to Trump, they sounded like Rhodes Scholars!

Quote:I support him because he has the balls to say what a lot of us in middle America are thinking.

Have you got any viable evidence that supports this? What exactly defines "middle America"? And how can you know what the rest of the electorate—apart from yourself personally—are "thinking"? Are you clairvoyant maybe? Anyway, a citation would be nice.

Quote:Politicians are always so afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Well, Trump certainly can't be accused of that LOL. He says the "wrong thing" every single time his lips are seen to be moving.

Quote:At least with Trump we don't get some bullshit talking points his staff tells him to say.

And that nails one of his major, scary faults. He doesn't take any advice from those in the know, and far better qualified to formulate US economic and military policy. And even worse, if he does listen to their advice for a few nanoseconds, but considers it inappropriate, he simply sacks them and appoints somebody else who he hopes will be more of a "yes-man". You seem to ignore that his single claims to fame [sic ] are flogging real estate with daddy's money, and compering a reality TV show.

Quote:Cancel as many Obama era directives and programs as possible...

Could you clarify this for me? I'm not that familiar with the "Obama era directives" you're talking about, and which you feel were misdirected.

As far as I know, Trump's popularity rating is at a record low at 34% [Gallup Poll, August 13 - 15 ]. Trump's highest Gallup approval rating was only 46% in late January this year, versus Obama's highest at 69% in January 2009—and even that was low compared to GW Bush's highest at 90% in September 01.

These figures in no way support your claims about Trump's alleged popularity with "middle" America.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
19-08-2017, 02:58 PM
(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I support him because he has the balls to say what a lot of us in middle America are thinking.

I don't know whether that is more depressing or horrifying. He panders to the lowest values of ignorance and fear and I pity anybody who lives that way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 10 users Like unfogged's post