Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
I miss Obama's sense of class. And his obviously sincere love and respect for his family. And his laugh. I have never EVER missed another President after he left office. Never.

[Image: 76d5880a6024de5b47a42daaff350b59.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 06:39 AM
As an American, I haven't really been impressed by any President in my lifetime.....

If I got a chance to meet one, it'd have to be President Carter. Maybe not a great president, but seems to be a genuinely good human being.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-08-2017, 08:38 AM
Carter was definitely not appreciated as much as he should have been while he was in office. History proved the measure of the man, including a Nobel Peace prize.

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 09:42 AM
(19-08-2017 09:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I hate Trump

I hate people who still support his presidency, and endorse his policies, even more.

And LDH isn't the only one of them! Undecided

20-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Folks,

I have thought of an amazingly positive thing about Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is evidence that a person with mental illness can become president. Thumbsup

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
20-08-2017, 01:23 PM
[Image: boy-say-boy-youre-about-as-useless-as-an...814217.png]

[+] 10 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 03:54 PM
(19-08-2017 06:51 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has his faults. He's a terrible public speaker and that leads to his being misunderstood on important issues. I often cringe when I listen to him speak. During some of the debates, his rambling answers would make me shake my head.

He is mostly incoherent, has the vocabulary of a pre-pubescent and it isn’t that he is misunderstood, now you are just trying to whitewash all his blunders.

(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I support him because he has the balls to say what a lot of us in middle America are thinking. Politicians are always so afraid of saying the wrong thing. They always have some slick answer prepared, because most are lawyers with years of slick talking experience in the courtroom. We are so accustomed to our politicians being politically correct that a guy like Trump appears to be unfit. We see the same repetitive bullshit from our politicians. They talk to us the way a lawyer talks to a jury, three to four words at a time with a short pause between. It’s so damn fake I hate it.

As an elected official, and most especially a POTUS, it behooves the person holding office to measure their words carefully. You think it sounds fake, I think the office requires well thought out statements that weigh the consequences with the seriousness they demand. Anyway, the man speaks exactly like he tweets, unthinkingly and uncaring of any ramifications. You may think that’s a breath of fresh air, I think it is dangerous and irresponsible.

(19-08-2017 07:08 AM)‘Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  At least with Trump we don't get some bullshit talking points his staff tells him to say. Every time a damn politician opens their mouth all we get is a generic politically correct bullshit response. So fake.

A POTUS shooting from the hip is ill-advised to say the least. And so far many of Trumps impromptu talking points are worse than bullshit, they’re dangerous and incite civil unrest. He has zero idea of what the office entails or how to carry out its responsibilities.

This echoes my sentiments more precisely:

"If anything, the president’s role as a moral arbiter has only deepened in recent decades, as American society has become more secular, more racially and ethnically diverse, and more atomized by the splintering of mass media and the rise of social media.

“Especially in modern times, with instant communications, many Americans are inclined to look to a president for guidance on what to think about crucial issues,” the historian Michael Beschloss said. “A president must always speak with an intense degree of moral sensitivity.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-08-2017, 04:01 PM
He makes me embarrassed to be of the same species let alone as the president of my country. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-08-2017, 04:08 PM
(20-08-2017 04:01 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  He makes me embarrassed to be of the same species let alone as the president of my country. Drinking Beverage

I have a theory, kid. I think our ancestors had a fling with an especially dumb hominid species. The shame was so great, they covered it all up afterwards, but to this day some have way more of its DNA than the rest of us. This is the only explanation I can think of to account for a disparity of such epic proportions Dodgy

[Image: tongue.jpg]

[Image: feynman-bongos.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-08-2017, 05:46 PM
(20-08-2017 11:53 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

I have thought of an amazingly positive thing about Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is evidence that a person with mental illness can become president. Thumbsup

D.

http://www.bphope.com/bipolar-buzz/the-s...l-illness/

(I know you're joking, but)

There's already plenty of evidence that mental illness doesn't prevent people from becoming president, and in some cases from becoming a highly effective, completely admirable president. John Adams, James Madison, Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and Dwight Eisenhower are among the 12 Presidents deemed to have suffered from mental illness while in office.

Unfortunately puppet's MI, including advancing dementia, is combined with a deficient skill set and moral vacancy. He was never going to be able to rise to the office. We'll have to see how far he manages to degrade it.