Poll: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: As an American, are you proud to have Trump as president?
(19-08-2017 08:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 07:39 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  As an American, I can say it could have been worse. Not the best president, won't be known for anything but his laughable policies or even forgettable at best.

At least it's better than what it could be...

How so ? What or who is he better than what it could be ?

Hillary Clinton.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I'm proud that our presidents and candidates make the best memes.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
21-08-2017, 02:38 PM
[Image: DHs6iRCVwAEZW9d.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
21-08-2017, 02:40 PM
yakherder, I might have to see that as a challenge. Or I might just say that ours make the best fodder for Saturday Night Live.

My favorite memes were the ones with Obama and Biden.

[Image: 156cad22f59255f5d02f862f4a5e533f.jpg]

[Image: de98de4201bbca30682312a463b1a650.jpg]

[Image: 85d9a19b65c28e1b5aa592784dcf74f0.jpg]

[Image: 3493383bd866f64b45355c18537404a7.jpg]

[Image: d966782a93602e4ae208fbd638489ca2.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 5 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
21-08-2017, 02:46 PM
I'll be proud if we survive him.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-08-2017, 05:20 PM
(20-08-2017 03:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This echoes my sentiments more precisely:

"If anything, the president’s role as a moral arbiter has only deepened in recent decades, as American society has become more secular, more racially and ethnically diverse, and more atomized by the splintering of mass media and the rise of social media.

“Especially in modern times, with instant communications, many Americans are inclined to look to a president for guidance on what to think about crucial issues,” the historian Michael Beschloss said. “A president must always speak with an intense degree of moral sensitivity.”

This may be the way things are but it's sad and I wish it would change. The impulse of so many Americans, of all political spectrums, to yearn for a president who's a father figure or a god figure doesn't seem very healthy. I don't want an idiot who can't speak or write a sentence but I also don't want an empty suit who is the moralizer-in-chief, the speechifier-in-chief, the finger wagger-in-chief. Obama was too much of that. It seemed in 2008 that there was so much promise and excitement, but (IMHO) his four years amounted to playing it safe, be respectable, look presidential, set up the table for the next four. And talk a lot.

I want a president who has two or three policies, then goes to war to get them unafraid of leaving himself on the battlefield to be carried off on his shield. And if he makes a dopey comment or says something poorly I don't care, he's not the messiah, he's a politician, focus on policy and trying to actually do something. Better yet, I want a president who doesn't feel the need to constantly give speeches explaining how we should feel and what we should think.
21-08-2017, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 05:31 PM by Anjele.)
(21-08-2017 05:20 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 03:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This echoes my sentiments more precisely:

"If anything, the president’s role as a moral arbiter has only deepened in recent decades, as American society has become more secular, more racially and ethnically diverse, and more atomized by the splintering of mass media and the rise of social media.

“Especially in modern times, with instant communications, many Americans are inclined to look to a president for guidance on what to think about crucial issues,” the historian Michael Beschloss said. “A president must always speak with an intense degree of moral sensitivity.”

This may be the way things are but it's sad and I wish it would change. The impulse of so many Americans, of all political spectrums, to yearn for a president who's a father figure or a god figure doesn't seem very healthy. I don't want an idiot who can't speak or write a sentence but I also don't want an empty suit who is the moralizer-in-chief, the speechifier-in-chief, the finger wagger-in-chief. Obama was too much of that. It seemed in 2008 that there was so much promise and excitement, but (IMHO) his four years amounted to playing it safe, be respectable, look presidential, set up the table for the next four. And talk a lot.

I want a president who has two or three policies, then goes to war to get them unafraid of leaving himself on the battlefield to be carried off on his shield. And if he makes a dopey comment or says something poorly I don't care, he's not the messiah, he's a politician, focus on policy and trying to actually do something. Better yet, I want a president who doesn't feel the need to constantly give speeches explaining how we should feel and what we should think.

How about a president who isn't so stupid as to stare directly into the direction of the sun during an eclipse? I think that's a reasonable bar to be reached.

Next anticipated tweet will tell how it was all a lie by media that you shouldn't do that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2017, 05:30 PM
(21-08-2017 02:38 PM)unfogged Wrote:  [Image: DHs6iRCVwAEZW9d.jpg]

[Image: 20818819_457990004567981_1620005478797680514_o.png]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
21-08-2017, 06:01 PM
I couldn't be more embarrassed. I am living presently in Panama and with whomever I speak I have to hang my head and apologize for being an American.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
21-08-2017, 06:06 PM
(21-08-2017 06:01 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I couldn't be more embarrassed. I am living presently in Panama and with whomever I speak I have to hang my head and apologize for being an American.

Weren't you in Dominican last? ... Or maybe, it was the bayou. Consider

#sigh