As an atheist, how often should I study the bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: As an atheist, how often should I study the bible?
I'm an atheist and I've never read the bible. Not even the first page.
If reading that book makes you question your atheism and believe in God than you're an idiot.

Talking snakes, man from dirt women from rib, 40 days of rain to flood the whole earth, giants, sin, hell, hypocrisy, the good guy is the bad guy etc...
It's a load of shit. You have to be clinically retarded to believe that shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2016, 06:40 AM
(28-04-2016 07:30 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  When I first became an atheist, I had a whole list of evil quotes in the bible. I repeated it in my mind over and over again to remind myself I don't believe in it. Now I have left religion, I almost never read the bible, but I'm being tempted to believe in it since I forgot some of the stuff in it. As an atheist, how often should I study the bible? I prefer the Skeptic's Annotaded Bible.

Why study the Bible? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2016, 07:05 AM
youre better off studying Curious George. The plot actually makes some sense. Plus its about a monkey, and monkeys are fuckin cool.
29-04-2016, 07:07 AM
i started reading the bible while in a hospital waiting room. read the first couple pages then realized the carpet pattern on the floor was more interesting.
29-04-2016, 07:16 AM
(28-04-2016 07:30 AM)MatureMcLeod95 Wrote:  When I first became an atheist, I had a whole list of evil quotes in the bible. I repeated it in my mind over and over again to remind myself I don't believe in it. Now I have left religion, I almost never read the bible, but I'm being tempted to believe in it since I forgot some of the stuff in it. As an atheist, how often should I study the bible? I prefer the Skeptic's Annotaded Bible.

I'm actually feeling very similarly to you right now. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but the gift Bible I got several years ago is sitting in my apartment and I hope to go through it and take notes this time, rather than just blindly reading as I did before. A lot of this is because of what I've learned since I left religion; I want to see how I interpret the Bible given my new perspective.
The awesome thing is, if I hate it I can just stop reading and not feel guilty about it. Unlike before.
Edit: fixed some grammar. It's too early in the morning here to get it right the first time.