As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
Or ignores posters entirely.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
26-05-2012, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 08:14 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-05-2012 05:12 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  just choose one observation, and work it out step by step with the scientific
diagram of BB so as to come to the conclusion there is no God, the uncreated
creator of the totality of the created universe.
Pachomius

So, Pachy and Backy ... not exactly Heloise and Abelard, but what the hell. Tongue

Pachy. The reason I posted the diagram, is because NOTHING about god will fit into it. It doesn't belong there .. AT ALL. Do you understand that ? THAT is why it was posted. I did NOT post it, so you could put god in the diagram. You were supposed to think about WHERE in the diagram to put it, and realize you can't use it for god. You missed the point.

Your continuing to repeat the "uncreated creator", means that you are exempting your god from a requirement, which you already established, without giving a reason for doing so. Do you know what those words mean, Pachy ? In logic, this is called "Special Pleading". It is not logical. Have you ever heard of Logic, Pachy ? Is your god "logical" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Wel I am still waiting for Chas to come forth and continue his explanation on how the proposition of Backy Ball that inquiry in science leads him (and now Chas) to conclude there is no God.

If Chas does not come anymore or after the next day, then I will look up another atheist poster who is articulate, in order to take up my exchange of thoughts with him, on the proposition that inquiry in science leads atheists at least some atheists into concluding that there is no God.

The way I see it with atheists, they will utter slogans and cliches but when requested to give explanations they keep mum.

Pachomius
27-05-2012, 07:43 PM
That is silly. Especially to say about Chas lol.

Anyways for the love of your god, stop typing Backy, OMG, ack.

The only reason I can think for you to continue to type it is to irritate Bucky, but he doesn't care. I do for some inane reason. I don't know why I care. I'm not even taking part, but it's driving me insane. Argh. You win ok you win.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I did not see the latest post of BB until after I had posted my reply to Chas.

He BB is now into special preaching resorted to by theists, suppose you BB now point out how my definition of God as the uncreated creator of the created universe is an instance of special pleading, what is special about that?

Now, don't bring in anymore new terms unless you are disposed to explain the new terms each one and one by one, as to convince readers here that it is relevant to your contention that you inquiry in science leads you to conclude that there is no God.

Suppose you just recall your contention that your inquiry in science leads you to conclude that there is no God, that should be most feasible for all parties concerned: so that we can all move to your inquiry in history, and then to your inquiry in literature.

Pachomius
27-05-2012, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 07:55 PM by Atothetheist.)
As an Atheist that lives with fundamentalist parents, which one of them is not talking to me anymore, my life has gotten, on the outside, worse. Presently, I am going to church every week, as mandated by my parents. The only friends I have now are both (closeted) atheists. I am supposedly "Volenteering" my services traching little kids scripture. This too, was forced on me by my parents.

On the inside; however, it is amazing. By trying to think critically, I have learned more about our evolution, our beginnings, and the universe's beginning than I would have ever learned if I had stuck to my, flawed, fudamentalist views. By being an atheist, I have finally learned how to cope with this world properly. While atheism is not a world view, It has opened a window into my current world view. Skepticism. By trying to figure out, and studying some other religions, I have extended my knoweldge in things I would have thought redundant back in the days of my faith.

Simply. Atheism has has compelled me to want to know more about our origins, and science, and facts.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I am not into irritating people here who are atheists, I just want to have a neat and systematic exchange of thoughts; if you any poster here is irritated that is a psychological issue, you can go into a new thread of your own initiative: on how a poster's writings here are an irritation to you, and that is the logical thing to do, instead of reading this thread.

But of course you have to read this thread in order to show readers here examples of how you are irritated, and readers might have their own evaluation of your grounds for irritation; but do that in your own thread.

Pachomius
27-05-2012, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 09:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Saying that all things need a creator, then saying a god doesn't need one, is Special Pleading, Pachy, my friend.
Ok. We'll do this the hard way.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTesBmgZwA4X3BNs9Ve1G...JO5nwLbGXd]

1a. Consider Hmm. I want need to be able to explain what I see around me to myself, maybe even control it all, so I feel safer. Feeling safe and understanding things make me feel good. Somebody told me Science might help me. I'll try that.

1b. Observation : I see no gods, and I can detect no gods. Consider Hmm. Now what do I do ?

2a. Consider Hmm. Can I trust my 5 senses to lead me to "reality", or this Science thing not all it's cracked up to be ?

2b. Hmm. No, I heard about those Paramecia. Consider "Hmm. Now what do I do ?" I'll think about that, and meanwhile I'll go to 2c.

2c. Consider "Hmm. Are there ways to get around this limitation ?

2d. Yeah. Lots of them Big Grin

2e. "Hmm. Wait. Is the universe intuitive, consistent, and understandable ?

2f. Sometimes. Oh shit. Sad

2g. Hmm. Now what do I do ?

3. Consider Hmm. I think I'll go to school and BE NICE to my friends, and teachers, and NOT act like a JERK, and see if they would be willing to help me, cuz they seem like maybe they have asked some questions before, and then maybe I won't have to figure this all out for myself, all by myself. Consider Hmm. If I am nice to them, I can get them to give me some information that I don't have already. Oh goody. I'll try that.

4. Oh wait. I just noticed, that it wouldn't work to go to step 3 in the diagram. Oh shit. Now what do I do ? Consider Hmm.

5. Angry Oh crap. I'll just skip steps 3-6.

6. Hmm. Consider That guy I kept bugging on TTA told me something about History and Literature. Maybe if I am really polite, he won't think I'm a jerk, and help me, so I don't have to spend the rest of my life reading all the books ever written. That's the ticket. I'll do that.

Proceed to History and Literature.

Consider Oh wait. Back in 1a, I remember thinking about a need. Maybe I better check that out too.

Consider Oh crap. This is gonna take a long time, and I wanna go surfing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-05-2012, 08:17 PM
(26-05-2012 05:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, Pachy and Backy ... not exactly Heloise and Abelard, but what the hell. Tongue
Awesome. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-05-2012, 08:22 PM
(27-05-2012 07:52 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I am not into irritating people here who are atheists, I just want to have a neat and systematic exchange of thoughts; if you any poster here is irritated that is a psychological issue, you can go into a new thread of your own initiative: on how a poster's writings here are an irritation to you, and that is the logical thing to do, instead of reading this thread.

But of course you have to read this thread in order to show readers here examples of how you are irritated, and readers might have their own evaluation of your grounds for irritation; but do that in your own thread.

Pachomius

Pachy, people stop talking to you because:

1. you do not answer any questions

2. you do not exchange thoughts

3. you do not engage in dialogue

4. you issue commands

Act like a human being and people will talk with you and you can find out what you want to know.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post