As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
If there were a scientific disproof for anything that doesn't exist, then there would never be a single additional argument for them. If someone could prove scientifically that (bigfoot, god, the Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, etc) did indeed not exist using science, then that would be the end of the discussion and atheists would proudly shout it from every rooftop. You can't prove the nonexistence of something that doesn't exist, you can only show a lack of evidence, and that is what the scientific method shows for each of the above examples...a complete and utter lack of evidence.

Prove through science that I am not a talking pink bunny.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
27-05-2012, 09:27 PM
(27-05-2012 08:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-05-2012 05:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So, Pachy and Backy ... not exactly Heloise and Abelard, but what the hell. Tongue
Awesome. Thumbsup

Pervert. (just kidding) Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-05-2012, 10:07 PM
(27-05-2012 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-05-2012 08:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Awesome. Thumbsup

Pervert. (just kidding) Tongue
It's a story my former self could relate to. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-05-2012, 10:18 PM
(27-05-2012 08:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  If there were a scientific disproof for anything that doesn't exist, then there would never be a single additional argument for them. If someone could prove scientifically that (bigfoot, god, the Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, etc) did indeed not exist using science, then that would be the end of the discussion and atheists would proudly shout it from every rooftop. You can't prove the nonexistence of something that doesn't exist, you can only show a lack of evidence, and that is what the scientific method shows for each of the above examples...a complete and utter lack of evidence.

Prove through science that I am not a talking pink bunny.

I can't help but to bump.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-05-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 03:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-05-2012 10:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's a story my former self could relate to. Weeping

I am SO confused. Oh. Duh. I get it. Never mind. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-05-2012, 02:50 PM
(27-05-2012 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Saying that all things need a creator, then saying a god doesn't need one, is Special Pleading, Pachy, my friend.
Ok. We'll do this the hard way.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTesBmgZwA4X3BNs9Ve1G...JO5nwLbGXd]

1a. Consider Hmm. I want need to be able to explain what I see around me to myself, maybe even control it all, so I feel safer. Feeling safe and understanding things make me feel good. Somebody told me Science might help me. I'll try that.

1b. Observation : I see no gods, and I can detect no gods. Consider Hmm. Now what do I do ?

2a. Consider Hmm. Can I trust my 5 senses to lead me to "reality", or this Science thing not all it's cracked up to be ?

2b. Hmm. No, I heard about those Paramecia. Consider "Hmm. Now what do I do ?" I'll think about that, and meanwhile I'll go to 2c.

2c. Consider "Hmm. Are there ways to get around this limitation ?

2d. Yeah. Lots of them Big Grin

2e. "Hmm. Wait. Is the universe intuitive, consistent, and understandable ?

2f. Sometimes. Oh shit. Sad

2g. Hmm. Now what do I do ?

3. Consider Hmm. I think I'll go to school and BE NICE to my friends, and teachers, and NOT act like a JERK, and see if they would be willing to help me, cuz they seem like maybe they have asked some questions before, and then maybe I won't have to figure this all out for myself, all by myself. Consider Hmm. If I am nice to them, I can get them to give me some information that I don't have already. Oh goody. I'll try that.

4. Oh wait. I just noticed, that it wouldn't work to go to step 3 in the diagram. Oh shit. Now what do I do ? Consider Hmm.

5. Angry Oh crap. I'll just skip steps 3-6.

6. Hmm. Consider That guy I kept bugging on TTA told me something about History and Literature. Maybe if I am really polite, he won't think I'm a jerk, and help me, so I don't have to spend the rest of my life reading all the books ever written. That's the ticket. I'll do that.

Proceed to History and Literature.

Consider Oh wait. Back in 1a, I remember thinking about a need. Maybe I better check that out too.

Consider Oh crap. This is gonna take a long time, and I wanna go surfing.

You still have not explained what is special pleading.

I define God in the Christian faith in His fundamental relation to the universe as the uncreated creator of the created universe.

First you explain what is special pleading and then you show how my concept of God is a case of special pleading, and then you prove that God does not deserve a special pleading, and all that because your inquiry in science tells you so.

For the rest of posters here, let us all concentrate on BB and myself, focusing on special pleading which he now brings up; so I will not reply to you for the time being.

Pachomius
28-05-2012, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 05:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-05-2012 02:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  
(27-05-2012 08:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Saying that all things need a creator, then saying a god doesn't need one, is Special Pleading, Pachy, my friend.

[Image: a57910b0ce28.gif]

Probably 'cause Fullerene was hoping you were capable of doing your own homework. Apparently not. Special pleading is just one of many fallacious forms of reasoning you don't seem to be familiar with.

P.S. Can you see how I just diminished my point by introducing an ad hominem? No? ... fuck that was another ad hominem. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-05-2012, 05:26 PM
(28-05-2012 02:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  
Ok. We'll do this the hard way.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTesBmgZwA4X3BNs9Ve1G...JO5nwLbGXd]

1a. Consider Hmm. I want need to be able to explain what I see around me to myself, maybe even control it all, so I feel safer. Feeling safe and understanding things make me feel good. Somebody told me Science might help me. I'll try that.

1b. Observation : I see no gods, and I can detect no gods. Consider Hmm. Now what do I do ?

2a. Consider Hmm. Can I trust my 5 senses to lead me to "reality", or this Science thing not all it's cracked up to be ?

2b. Hmm. No, I heard about those Paramecia. Consider "Hmm. Now what do I do ?" I'll think about that, and meanwhile I'll go to 2c.

2c. Consider "Hmm. Are there ways to get around this limitation ?

2d. Yeah. Lots of them Big Grin

2e. "Hmm. Wait. Is the universe intuitive, consistent, and understandable ?

2f. Sometimes. Oh shit. Sad

2g. Hmm. Now what do I do ?

3. Consider Hmm. I think I'll go to school and BE NICE to my friends, and teachers, and NOT act like a JERK, and see if they would be willing to help me, cuz they seem like maybe they have asked some questions before, and then maybe I won't have to figure this all out for myself, all by myself. Consider Hmm. If I am nice to them, I can get them to give me some information that I don't have already. Oh goody. I'll try that.

4. Oh wait. I just noticed, that it wouldn't work to go to step 3 in the diagram. Oh shit. Now what do I do ? Consider Hmm.

5. Angry Oh crap. I'll just skip steps 3-6.

6. Hmm. Consider That guy I kept bugging on TTA told me something about History and Literature. Maybe if I am really polite, he won't think I'm a jerk, and help me, so I don't have to spend the rest of my life reading all the books ever written. That's the ticket. I'll do that.

Proceed to History and Literature.

Consider Oh wait. Back in 1a, I remember thinking about a need. Maybe I better check that out too.

Consider Oh crap. This is gonna take a long time, and I wanna go surfing.

I define God in the Christian faith in His fundamental relation to the universe as the uncreated creator of the created universe.

First you explain what is special pleading and then you show how my concept of God is a case of special pleading, and then you prove that God does not deserve a special pleading, and all that because your inquiry in science tells you so.

For the rest of posters here, let us all concentrate on BB and myself, focusing on special pleading which he now brings up; so I will not reply to you for the time being.

Pachomius
Umm.....

If everything needs a beginning to exist, and God doesn't have a beginning.....

If God doesn't have a beginning HE CAN'T EXSIST!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I believe the existance of God has been pwned, no?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
28-05-2012, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 07:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-05-2012 02:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  First you explain what is special pleading and then you show how my concept of God is a case of special pleading, and then you prove that God does not deserve a special pleading, and all that because your inquiry in science tells you so.

Pachomius

I'm not into that stuff.

[Image: k5691705.jpg]

28-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Offtopic Do you seriously need Bucky to explain to you how God requires special pleading? I am a fifteen year old and I get it very well. Offtopic btw, Bucky, you're not the only one not into that.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.