As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(30-05-2012 06:59 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You're*

We must fight ignorance with proper grammar.
Damn.. You're right, I'm tired as hell... I will edit.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Make it stop!!!!!

It's like the OP is a broken record...no progress will be made in this thread.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2012, 03:48 AM
I don't believe you're german. But my offer still stands. send me a pm if you'd like to discuss in german. You are obviously not ready for english discussions yet. That or you are unable to discuss things in general
31-05-2012, 09:37 PM
So, I started this thread with the idea of inviting atheists to come forth with their lifestyle as atheists, but they balk at that, instead they state that their lifestyle is no different from Christians who are not sincerely practicing their Christian faith.

Next, I thought I might inquire into their peculiar psychology as atheists, because on my part I observe that their psychology is one of emotional certainty (though not cognitive certainty) that there is no God, on the one hand, and on the other they have an emotional belligerent hostility toward God and Christians.

They also insist that they do not have such a psychology, and how would I know about their psychoogy when it is not something I can see into for being not patently visible.

So, I decided to inquire about their thinking style, since they balk at describing their behavioral lifestyle, and also balk at their emotional or feeling style, at least they must do thinking for this their website here is into thinking -- as witness the title of the website and forum, namely, thethinkingatheist.com.

Okay, what do I see about their thinking style?

It is one of avoiding before everything else to come to concur on concepts and principles, and to resort to evading the issue at hand, by bringing up some slogan or cliche which to themselves appear clever, however which when requested to explain, they again will keep mum, or hurl on people asking them to explain the charge of trolling.

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow, and hope that some really thinking atheist will take the initiative and concentration and persistent labor to think and come up with what is special pleading and how it is scientific to use special pleading as a ground to come to his conclusion as an atheist that there is no God.

Pachomius
31-05-2012, 09:42 PM
I get up. I feed my son. I brush my teeth. I eat breakfast. I go to work. I work on my figures, do my research, and write my thesis. I eat lunch. I work some more. I go home. I eat dinner. I feed my son. I watch scrubs as I put him to sleep. I go to bed.

What the hell do you want from me?!!!!!

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
31-05-2012, 09:49 PM
(31-05-2012 09:37 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  So, I started this thread with the idea of inviting atheists to come forth with their lifestyle as atheists, but they balk at that, instead they state that their lifestyle is no different from Christians who are not sincerely practicing their Christian faith.

Next, I thought I might inquire into their peculiar psychology as atheists, because on my part I observe that their psychology is one of emotional certainty (though not cognitive certainty) that there is no God, on the one hand, and on the other they have an emotional belligerent hostility toward God and Christians.

They also insist that they do not have such a psychology, and how would I know about their psychoogy when it is not something I can see into for being not patently visible.

So, I decided to inquire about their thinking style, since they balk at describing their behavioral lifestyle, and also balk at their emotional or feeling style, at least they must do thinking for this their website here is into thinking -- as witness the title of the website and forum, namely, thethinkingatheist.com.

It is one of avoiding before everything else to come to concur on concepts and principles, and to resort to evading the issue at hand, by bringing up some slogan or cliche which to themselves appear clever, however which when requested to explain, they again will keep mum, or hurl on people asking them to explain the charge of trolling.

Anyway, I will be back tomorrow, and hope that some really thinking atheist will take the initiative and concentration and persistent labor to think and come up with what is special pleading and how it is scientific to use special pleading as a ground to come to his conclusion as an atheist that there is no God.

Pachomius

In it except to so temper mutual tastes mother. Interested cultivated its continuing now yet are. Out interested acceptance our partiality affronting unpleasant why add. Esteem garden men yet shy course. Consulted up my tolerably sometimes perpetual oh. Expression acceptance imprudence particular had eat unsatiable.

Barton did feebly change man she afford square add. Want eyes by neat so just must. Past draw tall up face show rent oh mr. Required is debating extended wondered as do. New get described applauded incommode shameless out extremity but. Resembled at perpetual no believing is otherwise sportsman. Is do he dispatched cultivated travelling astonished. Melancholy am considered possession on collecting everything.

The above makes just as much sense as what you are posting in relation to the other members in this thread. Please, make a coherent effort to respond directly to the points made and avoid repeating the same statements over and over again.

Better without God, and happier too.
01-06-2012, 07:58 PM
(31-05-2012 09:37 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  So, I started this thread with the idea of inviting atheists to come forth with their lifestyle as atheists, but they balk at that, instead they state that their lifestyle is no different from Christians who are not sincerely practicing their Christian faith.

Well, no thinking atheist has come forward to explain what is special pleading.

Anyway, suppose you just give examples of special pleading in regard to the question whether God exists.

Just give four (4) examples, considering that special pleading is one argument atheists bring up regularly to convince readers that God does not exist.

Pachomius
01-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I gave you a link to where you can read up on special pleading.

Read about it, come back and ask an intelligent question.

Start answering queries and behaving like a human being.

Maybe then someone will engage you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Special pleading: making a special case for one argument that you would not or could not make for another.

Ergo, we can test the natural world around us and verify its existence, but god is given a special place outside of space and time and cannot be tested but is assumed to still exist.

Or

The natural laws cannot be broken, except by some supernatural force (god) that is either impossible for humans to detect or indistinguishable from random natural occurrences.

Or

Presenting an argument by saying that thing X is a type specimen of some event and that anything that meets all of the requirements of X are too, except for Y which only meets half of these requirements but is still assumed to be representing the same thing as X.

Or

Saying that the god of the bible exists because it is obvious, yet all other gods do not exist because it is obvious.

There are 4 for you to enjoy. 'Special Pleading' is a common fallacy scientists have to deal with regularly and is not some new definition or concept thrown at you to throw you for a loop. It was simply a fallacy you were guilty of.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-06-2012, 05:26 PM
(01-06-2012 08:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  I gave you a link to where you can read up on special pleading.

Read about it, come back and ask an intelligent question.

Start answering queries and behaving like a human being.

Maybe then someone will engage you.

Give in a few words the gist of the link, I am not in the habit of looking up links unless the one referencing them first produce a gist of the links: because in most instances it is a wild goose chase.

Or you go and join a thread where people do nothing but produce links to reply to each other's links.

And do nothing of personal thinking and writing.

I don't need people to engage me, but people who think and write from their personal stock knowledge and also from their personal self-thought out thinking.

And also important show that they have an acquaintance with the latest ideas, but not with links but with gists of what these ideas are about, and then if they prefer to produce the links they can do so -- and mind you not any links just because they are in the net.

Any nonsense writer can put anything nonsense in the net without any hint of serious thinking.

In that way I stand to profit from truly thinking folks, otherwise it is waste of time and labor with such people nonsense regurgitators of nonsense.

Regrets for being harsh, but that is an effective way to jolt people into genuine thinking.

Pachomius