As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
uncreated creator of the created universe...click...uncreated creator of the created universe...click...uncreated creator of the created universe....click...

Repeat ad nauseam.

Per Wikipedia...Ad nauseam is a Latin term used to describe something unpleasurable which has continued "to [the point of] nausea".[1][2] For example, the sentence, "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam", signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively, and that those involved in the discussion have grown tired of it.

BINGO!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
There is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fail...I'm not sure if fifteen facepalms and thirtyfour head-desks will cover it.

For patchy: Your lack of honesty is disturbing.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-06-2012, 06:55 PM
(04-06-2012 06:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  For patchy: Your lack of honesty is disturbing.

I don't find it disturbing so much as telling. Like someone stranded in the desert wandering aimlessly around looking for a lifeboat. What the hell you gonna do with one if you find it? Guess it could offer up some shade for a bit but that's all.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-06-2012, 07:05 PM
(04-06-2012 06:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 06:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  For patchy: Your lack of honesty is disturbing.

I don't find it disturbing so much as telling. Like someone stranded in the desert wandering aimlessly around looking for a lifeboat. What the hell you gonna do with one if you find it? Guess it could offer up some shade for a bit but that's all.
Still... The blatent disregard, and, what I personally suspect, the deliberate attempt at not even listening to the people answer the questions he is asking.... It unerves me to see that there are people like that.... I guess I still am unfamiliar with this much.... Faith? The only person on par with this guy would have to be my mother...... And I am not speaking to her....

04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
(04-06-2012 07:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 06:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't find it disturbing so much as telling. Like someone stranded in the desert wandering aimlessly around looking for a lifeboat. What the hell you gonna do with one if you find it? Guess it could offer up some shade for a bit but that's all.
Still... The blatent disregard, and, what I personally suspect, the deliberate attempt at not even listening to the people answer the questions he is asking.... It unerves me to see that there are people like that.... I guess I still am unfamiliar with this much.... Faith? The only person on par with this guy would have to be my mother...... And I am not speaking to her....

Get familiar with it and then it won't unnerve you. It can't. ... Oh and call your mother. Mine's been praying for my sorry ass for over 30 years now. Doesn't mean I don't talk to her. I mean she's my Mom. Wink

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-06-2012, 08:12 PM
(04-06-2012 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 07:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Still... The blatent disregard, and, what I personally suspect, the deliberate attempt at not even listening to the people answer the questions he is asking.... It unerves me to see that there are people like that.... I guess I still am unfamiliar with this much.... Faith? The only person on par with this guy would have to be my mother...... And I am not speaking to her....

Get familiar with it and then it won't unnerve you. It can't. ... Oh and call your mother. Mine's been praying for my sorry ass for over 30 years now. Doesn't mean I don't talk to her. I mean she's my Mom. Wink
I live with her, I am a minor.... She is the one not talking to me, for obvious religious reasons.

04-06-2012, 08:23 PM
(04-06-2012 08:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Get familiar with it and then it won't unnerve you. It can't. ... Oh and call your mother. Mine's been praying for my sorry ass for over 30 years now. Doesn't mean I don't talk to her. I mean she's my Mom. Wink
I live with her, I am a minor.... She is the one not talking to me, for obvious religious reasons.

It'll pass. I mean she's your Mom and all. She can't help but not love you regardless of whatever peculiar personal metaphysics you decide for yourself.

#sigh
04-06-2012, 08:26 PM
(04-06-2012 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 08:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I live with her, I am a minor.... She is the one not talking to me, for obvious religious reasons.

It'll pass. I mean she's your Mom and all. She can't help but not love you regardless of whatever peculiar personal metaphysics you decide for yourself.
I certainly hope so! But... If by the off chance she doesn't, I am happy to live in the life I have chosen, and will continue to live this life, unless convinced,by evidence, otherwise.

[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
05-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I guess he has decided not to respond to the latest round of allegations.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
05-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Well, I guess you atheists now and ex-Christians, you are not enterprising enough as to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough so that you have the courage to come forward to present it to the world audience of the internet, on the origin of the universe.

Here is again my thinking on the origin of the universe:

The origin of the universe is the unique uncreated God of the created universe.

And that is also the concept of the origin of the universe adopted in the Christian faith in regard to God in His fundamental relation to the universe.

Remember this is your wesite as atheists, thethinkingatheist.com.

Forgive me for saying the following: You atheists make yourselves look silly before the world wide web audience.

All right, I will give you a hint, you critique my thinking but even before that you express your own thinking on what is the origin of the universe.

No thinker earns the right to critique unless he himself has produced and publicly presented some thinking of his own on the issue at hand, for example, the origin of the universe.

What I see with atheists is their all kinds of objections most of them not hitting the target at all, for never coming forth as to present to mankind their own thinking on the issues they are critiquing but also miserably missing the target -- that is what I call diversionary thinking or distractional thinking: hoping to evade the issue at hand, on which they naively presume that their audience will also join them in their foolish attempt at evasion.

So, here is this guy atheist writing about the

Myth: Atheism cannot explain the origin of the universe or even existence itself.

You want the link to that piece of evasive writing, just enter the title of that write-up in google.

So you think or I think that here is one guy atheist and most probably ex-Christian who is going to explain the origiin of the universe to counter the charge that atheists don't think about this issue, the origin of the universe.

And lo and behold, what do you find? there is no origin of the universe from the thinking of this vocal atheist as atheist, but many words to drill into your credulity that atheists don't have to 'think' about anything at all, but just to what? deny that God exists.

Are atheists good for nothing when it comes to thinking except to repeat "We just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists... and we don't have to do any thinking at all."

And this is one guy whose whole webpages on atheism/agnosticism is nothing but evasive writing, period.

Anyway, I will check in again tomorrow to see whether there is one atheist ex-Christian here who dares to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough for him to present it to the world wide web.

My regrets for being hard on you guys here, but please do some thinking and write as to be read by the world wide web, and not only among yourselves.

And I sincerely commend the owners and operators of this forum for your indulgence to still let me continue here.

Pachomius