As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 04:33 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
I have been thinking...I think you are an ass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
(05-06-2012 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have been thinking...I think you are an ass.
I doubt that. He's simply deluded, just like the rest of the creationist folks.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
(05-06-2012 04:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Well, I guess you atheists now and ex-Christians, you are not enterprising enough as to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough so that you have the courage to come forward to present it to the world audience of the internet, on the origin of the universe.

Here is again my thinking on the origin of the universe:

The origin of the universe is the unique uncreated God of the created universe.

And that is also the concept of the origin of the universe adopted in the Christian faith in regard to God in His fundamental relation to the universe.

Remember this is your wesite as atheists, thethinkingatheist.com.

Forgive me for saying the following: You atheists make yourselves look silly before the world wide web audience.

All right, I will give you a hint, you critique my thinking but even before that you express your own thinking on what is the origin of the universe.

No thinker earns the right to critique unless he himself has produced and publicly presented some thinking of his own on the issue at hand, for example, the origin of the universe.

What I see with atheists is their all kinds of objections most of them not hitting the target at all, for never coming forth as to present to mankind their own thinking on the issues they are critiquing but also miserably missing the target -- that is what I call diversionary thinking or distractional thinking: hoping to evade the issue at hand, on which they naively presume that their audience will also join them in their foolish attempt at evasion.

So, here is this guy atheist writing about the

Myth: Atheism cannot explain the origin of the universe or even existence itself.

You want the link to that piece of evasive writing, just enter the title of that write-up in google.

So you think or I think that here is one guy atheist and most probably ex-Christian who is going to explain the origiin of the universe to counter the charge that atheists don't think about this issue, the origin of the universe.

And lo and behold, what do you find? there is no origin of the universe from the thinking of this vocal atheist as atheist, but many words to drill into your credulity that atheists don't have to 'think' about anything at all, but just to what? deny that God exists.

Are atheists good for nothing when it comes to thinking except to repeat "We just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists... and we don't have to do any thinking at all."

And this is one guy whose whole webpages on atheism/agnosticism is nothing but evasive writing, period.

Anyway, I will check in again tomorrow to see whether there is one atheist ex-Christian here who dares to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough for him to present it to the world wide web.

My regrets for being hard on you guys here, but please do some thinking and write as to be read by the world wide web, and not only among yourselves.

And I sincerely commend the owners and operators of this forum for your indulgence to still let me continue here.

Pachomius
And your 'explanation' explains nothing. The difference is that science posits possible answers and mechanisms. Your 'uncreated' god is no clearer than saying the universe was created from the sputum of a giant tortoise.

The simple, logical refutation of the usefulness of your concept is that the universe itself has always been. Or that the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and universes come and go.

Just saying you believe in the uncreated creator is logically empty and intellectually lazy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 04:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-06-2012 04:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  My regrets for being hard on you guys here, but please do some thinking and write as to be read by the world wide web, and not only among yourselves.
Pachomius

[Image: th?id=I4887106416804599&pid=1.1]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Pachy, getting a bunch of intelligent, independent atheists to say what you want them to say is like herding feral cats.

Time to change your strategy.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
06-06-2012, 02:53 PM
(05-06-2012 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 04:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Well, I guess you atheists now and ex-Christians, you are not enterprising enough as to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough so that you have the courage to come forward to present it to the world audience of the internet, on the origin of the universe.

And that is also the concept of the origin of the universe adopted in the Christian faith in regard to God in His fundamental relation to the universe.

Remember this is your wesite as atheists, thethinkingatheist.com.

Forgive me for saying the following: You atheists make yourselves look silly before the world wide web audience.

All right, I will give you a hint, you critique my thinking but even before that you express your own thinking on what is the origin of the universe.

No thinker earns the right to critique unless he himself has produced and publicly presented some thinking of his own on the issue at hand, for example, the origin of the universe.

What I see with atheists is their all kinds of objections most of them not hitting the target at all, for never coming forth as to present to mankind their own thinking on the issues they are critiquing but also miserably missing the target -- that is what I call diversionary thinking or distractional thinking: hoping to evade the issue at hand, on which they naively presume that their audience will also join them in their foolish attempt at evasion.

So, here is this guy atheist writing about the

Myth: Atheism cannot explain the origin of the universe or even existence itself.

You want the link to that piece of evasive writing, just enter the title of that write-up in google.

So you think or I think that here is one guy atheist and most probably ex-Christian who is going to explain the origiin of the universe to counter the charge that atheists don't think about this issue, the origin of the universe.

And lo and behold, what do you find? there is no origin of the universe from the thinking of this vocal atheist as atheist, but many words to drill into your credulity that atheists don't have to 'think' about anything at all, but just to what? deny that God exists.

Are atheists good for nothing when it comes to thinking except to repeat "We just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists, we just have to deny God exists... and we don't have to do any thinking at all."

And this is one guy whose whole webpages on atheism/agnosticism is nothing but evasive writing, period.

Anyway, I will check in again tomorrow to see whether there is one atheist ex-Christian here who dares to do some genuine thinking, genuine enough for him to present it to the world wide web.

My regrets for being hard on you guys here, but please do some thinking and write as to be read by the world wide web, and not only among yourselves.

And I sincerely commend the owners and operators of this forum for your indulgence to still let me continue here.

Pachomius

And your 'explanation' explains nothing. The difference is that science posits possible answers and mechanisms. Your 'uncreated' god is no clearer than saying the universe was created from the sputum of a giant tortoise.

The simple, logical refutation of the usefulness of your concept is that the universe itself has always been. Or that the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and universes come and go.

Just saying you believe in the uncreated creator is logically empty and intellectually lazy.

You say:
Quote:the universe itself has always been. Or that the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and universes come and go.

That is supposed to be the fruit of your thinking on the origin of the universe?

Here is again the fruit of my thinking on the origin of the universe:
Quote:The unique uncreated creator created the universe.

Are you aware that you have evaded the issue, which is about the origin of the universe?

The way I understand you, there is no origin of the universe, it has always existed or it just always exists, more specifically mass/energy has always existed or mass/energy just always exists.

And then you add that universes come and go.

There are three propositions here from your concise evasion of the issue about the origin of the universe:
Quote:the universe itself has always been. Or that the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and universes come and go.

1. the universe itself has always been. Or that
2. the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and
3. universes come and go.

First, allow me to congratulate you that at least you are presenting words which might at least might give the impression to your readers that you are doing genuine thinking.

So granting though not conceding that you are doing genuine thinking, suppose you explain how you by thinking come to the thought that "1. the universe itself has always been."

I see it to be nothing more than a mere slogan or a cliche but nothing of genuine thinking.

Don't go away.

Do more thinking as to explain how by thinking you come to "1. the universe itself has always been."

Pachomius
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
(06-06-2012 02:53 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  And your 'explanation' explains nothing. The difference is that science posits possible answers and mechanisms. Your 'uncreated' god is no clearer than saying the universe was created from the sputum of a giant tortoise.

You say:

That is supposed to be the fruit of your thinking on the origin of the universe?

Here is again the fruit of my thinking on the origin of the universe:
Quote:The unique uncreated creator created the universe.

Are you aware that you have evaded the issue, which is about the origin of the universe?

The way I understand you, there is no origin of the universe, it has always existed or it just always exists, more specifically mass/energy has always existed or mass/energy just always exists.

And then you add that universes come and go.

There are three propositions here from your concise evasion of the issue about the origin of the universe:

1. the universe itself has always been. Or that
2. the mass/energy of this universe has always existed and
3. universes come and go.

First, allow me to congratulate you that at least you are presenting words which might at least might give the impression to your readers that you are doing genuine thinking.

So granting though not conceding that you are doing genuine thinking, suppose you explain how you by thinking come to the thought that "1. the universe itself has always been."

I see it to be nothing more than a mere slogan or a cliche but nothing of genuine thinking.

Don't go away.

Do more thinking as to explain how by thinking you come to "1. the universe itself has always been."

Pachomius

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the Universe was created, and that it's creator was not created?

I agree with Chas.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
It seems to be a fallacy to think of any time before time 0. There is not "prior to" or "before" time and space. So, when someone says that the universe has always been, they are being literal about the fact that time and space came into existence at the same point in space and time and that it is not only irrelevant, but fallacious to consider any "before" time.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-06-2012, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 07:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-06-2012 04:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have been thinking...I think you are an ass.
That feels genuine.

(05-06-2012 04:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
I doubt that. He's simply deluded, just like the rest of the creationist folks.

We're all delusional, some of us just are just more keen at realizing it than others.

Firstly, all thinking is derivative unless you were raised by wolves and even then it's still probably derivative.

Secondly, consciousness creates the universe, we can't explain the origin of consciousness so it is currently effectively "uncreated", so by your definition consciousness is God. Girly ain't necessarily down with that, but it's much harder to dismiss than religious explanations.

And before Chas smacks me down once again for overinterpreting the anthropic principle, fucker did ask for it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Patchy: Hey... hey guys... hey... hey tell me again why you folks don't believe in my little goddy god god?
BuckyBall: [Kind of long and thorough explainz for a quick forum post]
Patchy: Nyaaaaa, too long. Give me your elevator pitch.
TTA in General: *sigh* [short explainz]
Patchy: That is not what I asked for. Asked for reasons, you gave me reasons. Buuuut I don't understand them so I ignore.
Patchy: [Picking from the crowd] Chas- you explainz, I ignore the rest.
Chas: [explainz]
Patchy: [Ignores Chas] So you're not up to the challenge TTA? Here's what I think. [blurp] Also, you atheists think you're so smart.
TTA in General: *sigh* awwjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post