As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2012, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012 06:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(08-06-2012 05:19 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  May I propose that our very first principle is that we exist and we are certain we exist, is that all right with you?

Nope. I don't admit that as self-evident at all. Your metaphysics is juvenile. ... and weak.

Here you go, pachyturd. Ganesha, the Lord of Beginnings. I kinda like the idea of a pachyderm god.

[Image: ganesha2.jpg]

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I like Ganesha. I like art you can look at for a while and still notice new things. I wonder what the little mouse signifies.

I haven't gone away Pachy, I asked you a question.

Apparently asking questions makes one invisible in this thread.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
08-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Oh, and how can you be certain we exist? It could all be a dream....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Well, I will just wait for Chas to return.

But if any atheist here a vocal one has anything to say about the origin of the universe from his own personal thinking and writing, please present it here; and I will invite you to take over the place of Chas, for I fear that the man has left and will return later on and spew some more slogans, cliches, and angry words but ne'er ever get down to the serious work of genuine thinking and writing.

Pachomius
09-06-2012, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 04:21 PM by morondog.)
(09-06-2012 03:54 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Well, I will just wait for Chas to return.

But if any atheist here a vocal one has anything to say about the origin of the universe from his own personal thinking and writing, please present it here; and I will invite you to take over the place of Chas, for I fear that the man has left and will return later on and spew some more slogans, cliches, and angry words but ne'er ever get down to the serious work of genuine thinking and writing.

Pachomius
You get this reaction because you ignite it. Because you make a big deal out of getting insulted every now and then, and because your primary purpose here is not to learn or to share experience or anything, but just to taunt and presumably make yourself feel like you're somebody. I can't read your stuff because of this repeated annoying shit that you pull of "so and so's gone away now, maybe he won't return, maybe not ever, because I'm so fucking awesome and he can't answer me". Grow up, you act like a child. No one wastes time debating with a child. There are people on this site who're a lot younger than you and are less of an embarrassment.

Edit: I shouldn't say they're less of an embarrassment. That's insulting to them, because they're great. You however remain an embarrassment. To the species.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
09-06-2012, 05:38 PM
(08-06-2012 06:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I like Ganesha. I like art you can look at for a while and still notice new things. I wonder what the little mouse signifies.

I like Ganesha too... Indian art is so lovely and elaborate - it's sometimes so lush it's just irresistible. Smile

Ganesha always rides in on a mouse... it's his vehicle.
Ganesha's Mouse was actually a God in his own right... at one time, his name was Kroncha. Kroncha once had the misfortune at the assembly of Lord Indra, of stepping on the toes of another God - one Muni Vamadeva. Thinking that Kroncha had done so intentionally, Muni Vamadeva grew enraged. In his wrath he said: Kroncha! I curse you to become a mouse!

Apparently, Gods are often pretty childish... and I don't mean just the Indian ones. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Calling it childish is being very forgiving and nice.... gods tend to be stupid, vengeful bastards.

10-06-2012, 05:07 PM
(09-06-2012 08:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  Calling it childish is being very forgiving and nice.... gods tend to be stupid, vengeful bastards.

Very true. Thumbsup
I guess I tend to reserve the really nasty words for beings that actually exist. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
10-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, I am still waiting for someone atheist and ex-Christian to come forward to tell the world what is their origin of the universe -- since Chas has kept away.

Pachomius
[+] 1 user Likes Pachomius's post
10-06-2012, 06:51 PM
(08-06-2012 06:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 05:19 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  May I propose that our very first principle is that we exist and we are certain we exist, is that all right with you?

Nope. I don't admit that as self-evident at all. Your metaphysics is juvenile. ... and weak.

Here you go, pachyturd. Ganesha, the Lord of Beginnings. I kinda like the idea of a pachyderm god.

[Image: ganesha2.jpg]

Well, you are not certain you exist, so you'd better look for beings like yourselves to talk about your uncertainty in re your existence.

I am definitely and certainly not going to waste time with beings like you.

Pachomius