As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 09:55 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
My lifestyle now is not really any more different than it was. I avoided going to worship services anyway while still pretending to be a believer. Now that I'm "out" about it, I don't have to make excuses for why I don't want to go anymore. Otherwise, nothing has really changed. Except I'm likely getting rid of the Bibles in the house soon...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
18-07-2012, 10:20 PM
(18-07-2012 09:55 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  My lifestyle now is not really any more different than it was. I avoided going to worship services anyway while still pretending to be a believer. Now that I'm "out" about it, I don't have to make excuses for why I don't want to go anymore. Otherwise, nothing has really changed. Except I'm likely getting rid of the Bibles in the house soon...
Haha, same here. I didn't like going to church even back when I was religious. It was boring as hell either way and I tried to avoid going there as much as possible.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-05-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi, I am here again.

Quote:Welcome back, Pachomius. You last visited: 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:Azaraith (11) - Last updated 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Negative (-1): starting to get deja vu from Abdelz... Repeats himself, ignores everything others post
kineo (37) - Last updated 30-05-2012, 02:50 AM

Negative (-1): Not interested in cooperative discussion. Ignores posts and posters when they post too much information or information that he does not like, willfully ignores explanations when provided to him an still demands the explanation.
Anjele (147) - Last updated 28-05-2012, 10:30 AM

Negative (-1): Combative, not interested in give and take, issues demands...unpleasant.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...?uid=18713

I wanted to start a new thread on how to reach concurrence with atheists on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not, but I could not find any link to start a 'new thread' in the appropriate board.

So I thought I might as well resume this thread and see what will happen.

What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

For example, we have to concur on the concept of God before we can proceed to argue on whether the God as per concurred on concept of God exists or not.

Let me read your reactions.

And please, as I seem to be always the only one theist in a thread from myself, be accommodating if I cannot reply to all of your posts from a lot of you all atheists here.

I will try to attend to posts which are into my present concern, namely, that we should theists and atheists work to concur on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not.
27-05-2015, 02:41 PM
why don't we start with your definition of god, and your proof and reasoning for your definition, and we can go from there.

You are the one with belief, you go first, tell us what/who god is.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
27-05-2015, 02:47 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 03:04 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
You know what I do as an atheist that I never did as a Christian? I tell preachy folks that I'm faithless and am not interested in hearing their spiel. And if they continue, I do something else I wouldn't have done as a Christian, and tell them to leave me the fuck alone. The Christian me would never have been antagonistic like that, but that's because I never understood how obnoxious it is for a Christian to get in a non-believer's face and tell him or her what beliefs they ought to hold.

You know, sort of like what you're doing here.

(15-05-2012 03:27 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  And aside from reading and writing about the worldview of atheists to explain it and to advance it and to reinforce yourselves in it, if I may, you now also take part in marches, rallies, and demonstrations against ultimately anything to do with God and Christians, which anything is against the separation of state and religion.

You clearly don't understand the Establishment Clause.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-05-2015, 02:57 PM
(27-05-2015 02:12 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

For example, we have to concur on the concept of God before we can proceed to argue on whether the God as per concurred on concept of God exists or not.

There is no real impetus for me to work on defining god or determining if any such thing exists since I have seen no reason to believe and am quite happy living my life without any reference to any sort of deity. It is similar to my not wasting time defining the attributes or existence of unicorns, dragons, or ewoks.

I do agree that if you want me to share your belief then it must be defined first. If you believe that there is such an entity then you are welcome to provide your definition of god and evidence for the existence of same.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-05-2015, 03:02 PM
(17-05-2012 04:07 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Like for example, in your thinking it could be a different worldview now as an atheist so that in your thinking there is no God the uncreated creator of the universe, and in your feeling in regard to God and the Christian faith you harbor a belligerent hostility against God and the Christian faith, even though now as an atheist for you there is no God the uncreated creator of the universe and the Christian faith is all irrational.

I feel no hostility towards a nonexistent being ... now ask me about the preachy assholes who insist on giving me their uninvited opinions about him. [Image: 2yuwnlx_th.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Rip Van Driveby Winkle......

You ask a question - then THREE YEARS later you come back for an answer????

Dude -- seriously -- cut back on the reds...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
27-05-2015, 03:11 PM
(27-05-2015 02:12 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Hi, I am here again.

Quote:Welcome back, Pachomius. You last visited: 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM

I wanted to start a new thread on how to reach concurrence with atheists on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not, but I could not find any link to start a 'new thread' in the appropriate board.

So I thought I might as well resume this thread and see what will happen.

What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

Let me read your reactions.

And please, as I seem to be always the only one theist in a thread from myself, be accommodating if I cannot reply to all of your posts from a lot of you all atheists here.

I will try to attend to posts which are into my present concern, namely, that we should theists and atheists work to concur on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not.

Define the god you claim to exist, then provide evidence for that god's existence. I'll wait. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Here is my concept of God, In concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.