As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Gosh, what seems to be missing here? What could it be?

Oh, that's right, evidence. Whatcha got?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 03:47 PM
(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

And if the universe doesn't require a creation or a beginning, then your God doesn't exist by default.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
27-05-2015, 03:48 PM

That is so vague as to be useless. What attributes does this god have? How does it "operate" the universe? What things have a beginning?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-05-2015, 03:53 PM

I see another kalam clown riding a unicycle blowing on a horn!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
27-05-2015, 04:07 PM
[Image: the-man-behind-the-curtain-o.gif]

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
27-05-2015, 04:14 PM

Oh... looky who rose from the dead. My Widdow Pachy Poo. Facepalm

Sorry. Your concept is incoherent. A god involved with "beginnings" is no deity. A god who creates has to make decisions, and do things and operate things. All those temporal concepts refutes her infinite nature. And if your Jebus-god operates the universe, why did he let so many babies die today ? Mean fuckin' god ya got there Pachy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-05-2015, 04:19 PM
(27-05-2015 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And if your Jebus-god operates the universe, why did he let so many babies die today ? Mean fuckin' god ya got there Pachy.

God lets those babies die and go to heaven you see. And they die in the first place not by his will but because we are fallen - it's our fault. Ours. Disease and famine and war exist because we are in rebellion against God. God doesn't like naughty kids so he kills them in nasty ways. He doesn't like good kids either. They also die in nasty ways but they have the consolation that it's "for his glory".

Or some bullshit like that Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
27-05-2015, 04:23 PM
A god defined as creator and operator is no more relevant than a man who just put up a zip line in his backyard.

And no, I don't bear hostility toward any god or its faith. I do not, however, like these followers thinking their faith should be my law or that I should bow to their will.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
27-05-2015, 04:56 PM
(27-05-2015 04:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 04:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And if your Jebus-god operates the universe, why did he let so many babies die today ? Mean fuckin' god ya got there Pachy.

God lets those babies die and go to heaven you see. And they die in the first place not by his will but because we are fallen - it's our fault. Ours. Disease and famine and war exist because we are in rebellion against God. God doesn't like naughty kids so he kills them in nasty ways. He doesn't like good kids either. They also die in nasty ways but they have the consolation that it's "for his glory".

Or some bullshit like that Rolleyes

Funny, that. It was the final "aha" moment for no god for me - I was recovering from watching countless children die, and my husband was called out once again on another child rape case. And shortly before that seeing my first dad's community ravaged by a tornado - but it missed my parents' church - "cause Satan picked the wrong town!" Or how about a few years ago when my town and others were decimated by numerous tornados - neighbors searching for neighbors in the debris, only to be swept away when others came along the same path shortly after. The storms were too intense for me to make it the 20 miles to the hospital to work trauma.

'Cause sin/vengeful god/the fall? Fuck that. Cold air + hot air + humid = big ass tornado. Heavily populated areas increases the probability somebody gonna get sucked up Dorothy style. Not because they're a bad person, or men like sticking their dicks in other men's butts.

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." - Dr. Seuss

Here's my answer to life's woes:

"Shit happens" - Forrest Gump.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
27-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I contend that many times - shit does not "just happen".

In a large plurality of the cases, it's created by assholes.....

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post