As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(27-05-2015 05:00 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I contend that many times - shit does not "just happen".

In a large plurality of the cases, it's created by assholes.....

Cool

Well if ya wanna get all literal - the shit just comes out of the asshole, it's not created there. Smartass

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
27-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Why are you not looking for an answer to the question you ask in the title?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-05-2015, 05:33 PM
As an atheist now? I don't believe in gods.
My present lifestyle? What's it to ya?
27-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Realizing prayer doesn't work...

[Image: thank-you-jesus-atheist-meme.jpg]

And I am enjoying living in reality...

[Image: f25688805fc13e072d5cb42cdc2b0578.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
27-05-2015, 05:48 PM
(27-05-2015 02:12 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not,

(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is

Nice switch.

I think you'll find that most, if not all individuals on TTA will sign up to the idea that a concept (many concepts) of god / gods / goddesses exust(s).

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-05-2015, 05:56 PM
(27-05-2015 05:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 02:12 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not,

(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is

Nice switch.

I think you'll find that most, if not all individuals on TTA will sign up to the idea that a concept (many concepts) of god / gods / goddesses exust(s).

Drinking Beverage

But it's a real concept. Laugh out load
27-05-2015, 06:40 PM
(27-05-2015 05:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 05:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nice switch.

Drinking Beverage

But it's a real concept. Laugh out load

Yes. Very real.

(depending on one's definition of reality)

Wink

27-05-2015, 07:05 PM
(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

And the evidence? I'm waiting. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-05-2015, 07:12 PM
(27-05-2015 03:30 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, In concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Zero evidence.

Man created god in his own image, thus the creator of god is man.

1) An un-evidenced, unverifiable God possesses certain presupposed attributes as found in religious propaganda, folklore and literature.

2) It is impossible for any presupposed un evidenced entity to attain any verifiable attributes without the intervention of a creative entity.

3) Overwhelming evidence indicates that humans create and compose propaganda, folklore and literature having to do with all gods.

Therefore a creative entity superior to all presupposed gods exists, and that entity is man.

Concepts are like assholes, everyone has one, but few are worth looking at.

What else ya got?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-05-2015, 08:33 PM
My present concern is

Quote:What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

For example, we have to concur on the concept of God before we can proceed to argue on whether the God as per concurred on concept of God exists or not.

So, let us all you atheists and I theist concentrate on working together to concur on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not.

Forgive me, but first please work to acquire information on concepts of God, filter out the one you comprehend in logic to be that one among many which one you see to be worth denying the existence of.

And again forgive me, focus your attention on the role of the God you deny existence to, namely, focus on His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning.

At this point, please abstain from proving that God does not exist, just present in concise, precise, simple words your concept of God.

Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Now, if you insist that as an atheist you need not have to know any concept of God, then that means you do not know what you are denying existence to because you don't have a concept of it in your mind.

And forgive me, I can't see how you can exchange thoughts here, on working to concur on issues determinative of the question God exists or not, since you do not have in effect ideas of what God in concept is.