As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 11:54 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(27-05-2015 08:33 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  My present concern is

Quote:What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

For example, we have to concur on the concept of God before we can proceed to argue on whether the God as per concurred on concept of God exists or not.

So, let us all you atheists and I theist concentrate on working together to concur on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not.

Forgive me, but first please work to acquire information on concepts of God, filter out the one you comprehend in logic to be that one among many which one you see to be worth denying the existence of.

And again forgive me, focus your attention on the role of the God you deny existence to, namely, focus on His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning.

At this point, please abstain from proving that God does not exist, just present in concise, precise, simple words your concept of God.

Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Now, if you insist that as an atheist you need not have to know any concept of God, then that means you do not know what you are denying existence to because you don't have a concept of it in your mind.

And forgive me, I can't see how you can exchange thoughts here, on working to concur on issues determinative of the question God exists or not, since you do not have in effect ideas of what God in concept is.

So, let me see if I got that jumbled mess of scarcely strung together words right...

You want us to make up a god which we could find logically conceivable... And then you want us all to make some sort of consensus about our made-up hypothetical deities?

I'm sorry, but I don't see the point in that...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2015, 07:02 AM
(27-05-2015 08:33 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Forgive me, but first please work to acquire information on concepts of God, filter out the one you comprehend in logic to be that one among many which one you see to be worth denying the existence of.

Sorry, that's not how it works. Every concept I've ever been presented is worth denying because there is insufficient evidence for any of them. If you have evidence for any particular god concept being anything more than just a concept, please present it.

Quote:And again forgive me, focus your attention on the role of the God you deny existence to, namely, focus on His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning.

I don't deny existence to anything, and I don't determine the relationship of conceptual entities to anything unless and until there is evidence that there actually is such an entity. You have it exactly backwards.

You still haven't explained what you think had a beginning (and isn't just a re-arrangement of existing materials).

Quote:At this point, please abstain from proving that God does not exist, just present in concise, precise, simple words your concept of God.

There is no need to prove that god does not exist. With no evidence that there is an existent god there simply is no reason to believe.

Quote:Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

You've said that before. It is too vague to be useful. Please elaborate.

Quote:Now, if you insist that as an atheist you need not have to know any concept of God, then that means you do not know what you are denying existence to because you don't have a concept of it in your mind.

There is a huge difference between 'god exists' and 'the concept of god exists'. You appear to not understand that difference although it may just be that your phrasing is not always clear.

Many conceptions of god exist. The problem is that there is no evidence for any of them. There is no reason for me to try to find a conception that maps to anything real because I've found no evidence that requires any such entity to exist.

Quote:And forgive me, I can't see how you can exchange thoughts here, on working to concur on issues determinative of the question God exists or not, since you do not have in effect ideas of what God in concept is.

There are way too many concepts of god. That should give you pause because if you can't show evidence that your particular concept actually maps to reality and other can't then the likely conclusion is that they are all imaginary.

Starting with a concept and then looking for evidence to support it is not the best method. You need to present the evidence that makes you suspect the existence of a god, then determine how you can rule out other explanations and how your god concept predicts other phenomena that then turn out to be real. When you get that far then it may be worth taking the claim seriously.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-05-2015, 09:21 AM
(31-12-1969 09:58 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  And forgive me, I can't see how you can exchange thoughts here, on working to concur on issues determinative of the question God exists or not, since you do not have in effect ideas of what God in concept is.

That is it right there: you can't see. The problem appears to be with you.

I have no faith in any god concept. I understand that you do have faith in a god concept.

I do not need faith to live my life. It does not trouble me that there are people who live productive and loving lives without faith.

If you can not see that, then it is no one's fault but your own.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-05-2015, 09:31 AM
As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
Can we all make up a god or this his god only?
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
28-05-2015, 02:18 PM
(28-05-2015 09:31 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can we all make up a god or this his god only?

Is your God nicer than his God?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-05-2015, 02:25 PM
This guy's a douchebag. Can we move this out of positive atheism since it's negative theism?

(28-05-2015 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 09:31 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Can we all make up a god or this his god only?

Is your God nicer than his God?

I'm totally restraining myself from sticking some Gwynnies in here. I love my Gwynnies! Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2015, 02:57 PM
This is the pattern atheists here are now into, as usual all the time, instead of taking up the labor to work to concur on the issues determinative of the question God exists or not, they dodge in every post they write.

Right now two atheists asked for my concept of God, in their posts 224, 229, I have presented it already since I returned to this forum, and I will present it again, here, God in concept is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Quote:Post 250 Yesterday, 10:33 AM.

My present concern is

Quote:What do you say, atheists, shouldn't we first work to concur on issues which are determinative to the question God exists or not, because if we don't we will be always talking past each other's head, and that is not being connected.

For example, we have to concur on the concept of God before we can proceed to argue on whether the God as per concurred on concept of God exists or not.

So, let us all you atheists and I theist concentrate on working together to concur on issues which are determinative of the question God exists or not.

Forgive me, but first please work to acquire information on concepts of God, filter out the one you comprehend in logic to be that one among many which one you see to be worth denying the existence of.

And again forgive me, focus your attention on the role of the God you deny existence to, namely, focus on His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning.

At this point, please abstain from proving that God does not exist, just present in concise, precise, simple words your concept of God.

Here is my concept of God, the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Now, if you insist that as an atheist you need not have to know any concept of God, then that means you do not know what you are denying existence to because you don't have a concept of it in your mind.

And forgive me, I can't see how you can exchange thoughts here, on working to concur on issues determinative of the question God exists or not, since you do not have in effect ideas of what God in concept is.

So, please atheists, read literature of the Christian faith and obtain the information on the concept of God in His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning, then formulate your information with simple concise and precise words, to present your arrived at concept of God.

Then we will work to achieve a mutually concurred on concept/

I have already presented mine, namely, in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning, please now present in simple concise and precise words the concept of God from your information with reading the sources of the Christian faith.

After we have concurred on the concept of God, then we will work to concur on what it is to prove something to exist in objective reality.

If you persist in dodging the task at present to work to come to concurrence on the issues determinative of the question God exists or not, then we cannot advance further, because from your part it is all dodging, no contributions at all to the work of attaining concurred on preliminaries determinative of the question God exists or not.

First Issue is on the concept of God, and then next the issue on the concept of proof; these are two preliminary steps we have to work to come to concurred on positions, otherwise you atheists are as usual into dodging, but never really into serious logical endeavor to take on a systematic examination of the question God exists or not -- and a systematic examination must first start with the concept of God agreed on from both sides of the debate, and then also an agreed on concept of what it is to prove the existence of something in objective reality.

So, when you post again, please come up with your proposed concept of God, in simple concise and precise words.

Here is my repeated again concept of God, in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

You propose your information sourced from the literature of the Christian faith, in simple precise and concise language, and we will work on my and your concepts of God, to come to a concurred on definition of God.
28-05-2015, 03:09 PM
(28-05-2015 02:57 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  This is the pattern atheists here are now into, as usual all the time, instead of taking up the labor to work to concur on the issues determinative of the question God exists or not, they dodge in every post they write.

Right now two atheists asked for my concept of God, in their posts 224, 229, I have presented it already since I returned to this forum, and I will present it again, here, God in concept is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

My present concern is

So, please atheists, read literature of the Christian faith and obtain the information on the concept of God in His relation to the universe and to everything with a beginning, then formulate your information with simple concise and precise words, to present your arrived at concept of God.

I have already presented mine, namely, in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning, please now present in simple concise and precise words the concept of God from your information with reading the sources of the Christian faith.

After we have concurred on the concept of God, then we will work to concur on what it is to prove something to exist in objective reality.

If you persist in dodging the task at present to work to come to concurrence on the issues determinative of the question God exists or not, then we cannot advance further, because from your part it is all dodging, no contributions at all to the work of attaining concurred on preliminaries determinative of the question God exists or not.

First Issue is on the concept of God, and then next the issue on the concept of proof; these are two preliminary steps we have to work to come to concurred on positions, otherwise you atheists are as usual into dodging, but never really into serious logical endeavor to take on a systematic examination of the question God exists or not -- and a systematic examination must first start with the concept of God agreed on from both sides of the debate, and then also an agreed on concept of what it is to prove the existence of something in objective reality.

So, when you post again, please come up with your proposed concept of God, in simple concise and precise words.

Here is my repeated again concept of God, in concept God is the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

You propose your information sourced from the literature of the Christian faith, in simple precise and concise language, and we will work on my and your concepts of God, to come to a concurred on definition of God.

You understand a lot of us are ex-Christians, right? I have read the Bible. I know and understand the concept of the Christian God. My synopsis: He does not exist. Why doesn't He exist? Because there is absolutely no evidence--including evidence (if you want to call it that) in the Bible. Many of us have said we understand the concept of the Christian God and we believe that he does not exist. Beyond that, I am not sure what you are asking?
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-05-2015, 03:23 PM
(28-05-2015 02:57 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  This is the pattern atheists here are now into, as usual all the time, instead of taking up the labor to work to concur on the issues determinative of the question God exists or not, they dodge in every post they write.

My present concern is

Continuing to repeat your assertions without providing evidence, and ignorantly trying to shift the burden of proof, make you out to be a buffoon.

A spammy buffoon. Drinking Beverage

Make your claim, present your evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2015, 03:26 PM

My present concern is

Wait have you studied ALL the other religions to make sure any of them are not the one with the right god(s)?
Shinto?
Asatro?
Hinduism?
Buddhism?
Islam?
Taoism?
And the many, many, many, many others there might be?

Now I'm going to make a guess. You reject all those. Well so do I. And I reject yours too. And to be honest I don't really care much to come to some sort of consensus with you on this subject. You seem much too lost for that to ever happen.
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post