As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(01-06-2015 02:06 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  I guess you atheist guys are as usual into dodging; I am asking you to tell me what you understand by atheist which you identify yourselves to be, but as per your already long self-inured addiction, you do nothing but keep dodging, wasting time, instead of acting the thinking atheist.

Quote:Post 286 from Clockwork
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid791369

Since it was my statement, I will describe it as many already have:

Atheists do not believe in gods. Nothing more.

There is nothing more to it. The word does not explain feelings or opinions on politics, morals, or anything else. It is just as described as above.

Say something affirmative about what you understand with the term atheist by which you describe yourself, otherwise you are into retreating instead of contributing affirmatively thus constructively to the exchange.

What about, first and foremost you do not have belief in the existence of God in concept as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Now, put that in the affirmative or positive mood, thus: An atheist is a person who insists on his non-believe in the existence of God, first and foremost understood as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Now, we can exchange ideas or thoughts or feelings why you insist on your non-belief in the existence of God in concept etc.

That is the logical procedure to engage in thinking: genuine, true, solid, honest, courageous thinking, instead of dodging all the time, that does credit to you as an atheist but still a person who thinks instead of ranting.

Let us we two ask ourselves, are we into this idea from your part God is not existing and from my part God is existing, without any firm foundation in facts and in logic, purely arbitrarily i.e. without intelligence but moved completely by unworthy passions, or with attaching ourselves to facts and in accordance with logic?

From my part, I say that the concept of God as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning is founded on facts and in accordance with logic.

From your part you oppose my concept of God; in which case to be intelligent you must also present your reasons why you oppose my concept of God, but best you present your concept of God, and we will us two examine together what are the facts and the logic involved in my position and in yours?

From my part, I will say that the facts of the universe having a beginning and that everything in the universe has a beginning, in accordance with logic in particular the logic of causality, the universe and everything in it call out for a cause, and that cause is God, in concept as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

From you part, perhaps you want to say that your concept of God is that He is a flying spaghetti monster, in which case you are saying in effect that God is nothing of creator and operator, and my concept is completely nonsense.

Okay, granting though not conceding that God is in concept an invalid idea, namely: for you there is no creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning, what then is your explanation for the existence of a universe which according to science has a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago?

Dear readers of this thread, let you see how Clockwork will write again, whether with respect to facts and logic, or again as usual with atheists, into dodging by clowning.

You lack the knowledge, experience, and ability to engage on this topic. This is apparent by your inability to answer queries, or posit a sentence that makes fucking sense. Perhaps it isn't your fault, I think there is either a language barrier (understandable) or a interpersonal skills barrier (probable), but either way you haven't made a solid assertion yet. As I informed you previously, if you continue to make baseless, fact-less, unproven opinions camouflaged as word salad, you will continue to receive derision. Get it?

This is the THINKING atheist, but you have failed to articulate an intelligent thought, so we won't engage.

try harder.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
01-06-2015, 03:02 PM
As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
You asked what atheism means and now you don't like it? It's not your god I don't believe in, it's all gods.

You asked for an explanation of my statement and now want me to redefine it according to your beliefs?

I'm not sure what exactly what you're after. I'm not dodging because I did exactly as you asked. But now you want me to explain myself to you based on your beliefs. I do not believe in any gods, Abrahamic or otherwise. You want me to define myself according to your religion, but what about other belief systems?

And no, you cannot specify I'm the only one to answer. This is a public thread.

I refuse to answer any more unless you accept my explanation independent of your religion.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
01-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Hell, even Q and Cartilage sound reasonable compared to this one.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
02-06-2015, 04:46 AM
(01-06-2015 03:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Hell, even Q and Cartilage sound reasonable compared to this one.

lol that is a sad state of affairs isn't it?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Now that I'm an Atheist I no longer have to repress my sexuality:

Now I get to have multiple loving relationships with many people (polyamory) and practice non monogamy in an ethical way as opposed to being forced into a monogamous marriage by my religion.

Also, I get to have sex with as many boys as I want (as long as my partners get the heads up beforehand) and get as much cock as I want!

Man do I love being gay! I can suck as much dick as I want with no guilt! Woo!!!!
[+] 3 users Like Nagoda's post
05-06-2015, 11:09 PM
(01-06-2015 02:06 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  What about, first and foremost you do not have belief in the existence of God in concept as the creator and operator of the universe and of everything with a beginning.

Because there isn't any proof.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
[+] 1 user Likes The Drake's post
05-06-2015, 11:12 PM
(01-06-2015 02:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 02:06 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Say something affirmative about what you understand with the term atheist by which you describe yourself,

Say "please". Weeping

Unhindered by false morality.

08-06-2015, 01:27 PM
[/quote]
This is the THINKING atheist, but you have failed to articulate an intelligent thought, so we won't engage.

try harder.
[/quote]

Exactly. And we have had many THINKING THEISTS with whom I am more than willing to converse.

08-06-2015, 01:39 PM
I've never been religious but I suspect converts think more for themselves rather than look to an authority regarding how to behave or deal with situations.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
08-06-2015, 02:08 PM
(08-06-2015 01:39 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I've never been religious but I suspect converts think more for themselves rather than look to an authority regarding how to behave or deal with situations.

Very true. Some religious are more concerned with their "eternal soul" than they are with the people around them. It shapes them. In many cases it brings good works. In many others it brings hate and prejudice.