As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2012, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2012 09:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: As an atheist now, what is your lifestyle at present?
(25-05-2012 04:11 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Let us all go to the diagram of Backy Ball and see how the process of science as per his diagram leads atheists to the conclusion that there is no God.

(i) Observation -> (ii) Define Problem -> (iii) Propose hypothesis -> (iv) Test Hypothesis -> (v) Reject Hypothesis or Retain Hypothesis -> (v) Develop Theory

What is your observation, or tell me what have you observed which brings forth a problem for you to define and solve, etc.

so be brief but clear, plain, and definite, what observation leads you to what problem you will define to solve, etc.

we will work on how you come to the non-existence of God when the present issue is finished, namely, that inquiry in science, history, and literature leads atheists or a lot of them to the conclusion that there is no God.

Ve von't do a damn thing, Herr Pachomius. You are SO German, mein herr.

I put up the diagram, and asked you to tell me WHERE IN IT, YOU would place your god. That was supposed to make you think about something. Do you know what that was, mein herr ?

While you ponder that, here's a little treat for you, (and a little hint).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-05-2012, 07:01 PM
(25-05-2012 06:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-05-2012 04:11 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  we will work on how you come to the non-existence of God when the present issue is finished, namely, that inquiry in science, history, and literature leads atheists or a lot of them to the conclusion that there is no God.

"Ve" von't do a damn thing, Herr Pachomius. You are SO German, mein herr.

Bwahahahaha. At I least know why dude was reluctant to reveal his mother tongue. It's like Freudian therapy for atheists, except I don't see any cocaine lying around. ... Bwahahahaha.

Pachimonius: "Tell me about your father, GirlyMan. What is it about your relationship with him which makes you reject your Holy Father in heaven?"

Consider

Bwahahahahahahahaha. [Image: rofl-pig.gif]

#sigh
25-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Laughat ROFLMAO!!!!!!

But I don't think he is German. The sentence structure is all wrong for German.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Do me a favor Pach, stop writing Backy. It's irritating.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah his sentence structure would make no sense in german.

But for my understanding, what exactly is funny about Bucky's post? I don't get it
25-05-2012, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2012 09:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-05-2012 08:00 PM)Vipa Wrote:  But for my understanding, what exactly is funny about Bucky's post? I don't get it

Dude came here trying to psychoanalyze a bunch of atheists and ... oh never mind, it's not funny if I have to explain it.

#sigh
26-05-2012, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2012 08:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-05-2012 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Pachimonius: "Tell me about your father, GirlyMan. What is it about your relationship with him which makes you reject your Holy Father in heaven?"
Consider

[Image: mbcn367l.jpg]

Sit down.

Ve vill now review ze appointment policy.

Appointment Policy :
Ve are delighted to have you as a patient and
look forward to providing you vith highest quality care. In order to optimize
your relationship vith us, please take a minute to read our appointment policy.
Many of our patients are pleased to find out that ve are usually on time. This is
because your treatment has been reserved for you, vereas most medical offices
overbook by appointing several patients at the same time. That kind of scheduling
provides the practitioner vith steady flow but does not respect patient's time. Occasionally there is a problem that prevents a patient from being on time. Vith that in mind, if you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, please call the office to check availability. Patients are scheduled every half hour, cannot be accommodated if you plan to be more than 15 minutes late. A 24 hour notice for canceled or rescheduled appointments is necessary to avoid cancellation fee of the full appointment amount. Zis allows time to schedule another patient that would also benefit from treatment. Zis appointment policy
allows us to develop a mutual consideration and respect for our time and yours.

Thank you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-05-2012, 08:28 AM
(14-05-2012 08:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  
(14-05-2012 04:21 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, feel free to post an introduction in the intros section.

As to your question I can't actually answer it because all of the religious experience I had were ones I had sought out myself as a child. I have never claimed a religious title.

Most of our members were Christians previously so you should get your answers.

I would imagine they will resemble this:

I used to attend church an now I don't.
Well, not attending church now is logical but it is not a doing thing.

Just name some acts which you now do whereas before you would rather not do, which change is also logical but in a positive instead of a negative direction.

By way of illustration, let's say that before you were a Buddhist, but now you are no longer a Buddhist; as a Buddhist previously you abstained from eating animal flesh for food, now you eat animal flesh for food.

Or you were an orthodox Jew or Muslim before and did not eat pork, now you are no longer adhering to the orthodox Jewish faith or Islam, so now you eat pork.

Also in the case of now being a Muslim instead of previously being a Christian, you no longer have only one wife but you have four wives.
Those are the trivial outward trappings of religious practice; not terribly interesting.

The important aspect that I've observed among people here is the freedom that they've gained, particularly freedom of thought and conscience. And the critically important ability to laugh at themselves.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-05-2012, 05:12 PM
(25-05-2012 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-05-2012 04:11 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Start with observation, then; no more digressions about other things like that not all atheists are into scientific inquiry, etc.

I am addressing myself to atheists who state or are of the position that their inquiry in science, history, and literature leads them to the conviction that there is no God.

For atheists who are not of the conviction that inquiry in science, history, and literature leads them to the conclusion that there is no God, we will work on how you come to the non-existence of God when the present issue is finished, namely, that inquiry in science, history, and literature leads atheists or a lot of them to the conclusion that there is no God.
Observation: The continued existence of evil.
Observation: The continued existence of suffering.
Observation: The continued existence of amputees.
Observation: The existence of 400,000 species of beetles. Is your God inordinately fond of beetles?
Observation: Look at the universe around you, how it is, how it works; does it look guided by a beneficent being?

[ I am having a hard time with the format design of this forum, I am more accustomed with vBulletin, but here goes just the same, so readers just exercise your reading skill to get to my message below. ]

Well, I guess Backy Ball is no longer interested in his own
proposition that his inquiry in science brings him to conclude there is no God.

I will now take up with Chas.

Chas, first please for a neat exchange of thoughts, please
just choose one observation, and work it out step by step with the scientific
diagram of BB so as to come to the conclusion there is no God, the uncreated
creator of the totality of the created universe.

Pachomius
26-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Pachy, is your english actually good enough to understand what you are reading?

You seem like a machine, nothing anyone says gets through to you, you only repeat the same things over and over.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man