As atheism rises, America declines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: As atheism rises, America declines
(15-04-2013 10:51 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.

Right, which is why Red States are the one that draw on the most resources while blue states contribute the most.

wut? red state/blue state? why are you dragging this in w/o support?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Driveby comment relevant only to the OP's subject title: sounds like the good beginning of a superhero comic.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
16-04-2013, 04:44 PM
(16-04-2013 07:02 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:51 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Right, which is why Red States are the one that draw on the most resources while blue states contribute the most.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
16-04-2013, 04:45 PM
(16-04-2013 07:02 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 10:51 PM)KeenIdiot Wrote:  Right, which is why Red States are the one that draw on the most resources while blue states contribute the most.

Hm... I keep getting a spammer alert when I try to post.
Basically, red states are more religious than blue states.
They also have higher rates of violence, abortion, and other supposed immoral issues, as well as taking more resources in comparison to Blue, less religious states.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
[+] 1 user Likes KeenIdiot's post
17-04-2013, 11:59 AM
(26-01-2013 09:20 AM)Simon Moon Wrote:  What a moron.

How does he explain the rise of countries like, Sweden or Denmark?

They both have majority atheist populations and they have a higher standard of living than the US, better health care, lower infant mortality, better education, lower crime rates, and their poor have a greater chance of upward mobility than in the US.
And fewer teen pregnancies.

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
18-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:Atheism rises, America declines

Correct! This might even be the "form of godliness while denying its power" that Paul prophesied would happen in the end of this age. What else do you call today's Atheists who are "ethical, loving people"? Can't you just go back to being moral degenerates like Huxley and Voltaire so we can all see more clearly? Smile
18-04-2013, 12:16 PM
The cause of America's decline could partly be the rise of Atheism. And that the decline could be a cause of the rise of Atheism.

I think that the true cause is that the evangelical religious are fearful that they are not fully in control of the ethics of the nation anymore. They then allied with big money to create the modern Republican Party and used their fear to get enough votes to try to Gerrymander themselves into permanent power.

The decline to me is that the right, now that they have power, is trying to legislate their religious rules into law and giving their big money allies all they want in cutting regulations & taxes. A lot of people see this happening and are now questioning whether churches are in it for the power or saving souls.

The irony is that the method that the churches are using to push back against the tendency of people to leave the church is forcing people to question why they need to be a member of a church.

Time travel means never having to say you will have been going to be sorry.
18-04-2013, 01:06 PM
(18-04-2013 11:13 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What else do you call today's Atheists who are "ethical, loving people"?

Why the double quotes Mr "ethical, loving" ? You still think we can't possibly be having as much fun as you do when you jerk off for Jesus don't you ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-04-2013, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 02:16 PM by PleaseJesus.)
(18-04-2013 01:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:13 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What else do you call today's Atheists who are "ethical, loving people"?

Why the double quotes Mr "ethical, loving" ? You still think we can't possibly be having as much fun as you do when you jerk off for Jesus don't you ?

MD,

Ethics and love are human constructs, right? Are you familiar with any animal or plant ethics besides man's? Did I miss something?

And today, you all trumpet you are ethical, benign and loving, while being vicious and mean to Theists, and I'm saying be honest and admit that Atheism provides a variety of freedoms from moral strictures:

*You can be lovely to your friends while Christians forgive their enemies

*You can be monogamous if you wish or engage in relational and sexual perversions

*You can be kindly spoken to others and also use Jesus's name as a curse word, call me names, and say sexual things about Jesus your mom would wash your mouth out with for soap for saying

"Ethical" and "loving". And intolerant of and rude to Theists. Dr. King and Gandhi would despise your attitude and hypocrisy.
18-04-2013, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 02:50 PM by morondog.)
(18-04-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  And today, you all trumpet you are ethical, benign and loving, while being vicious and mean to Theists, and I'm saying be honest and admit that Atheism provides a variety of freedoms from moral strictures:

*You can be lovely to your friends while Christians forgive their enemies

*You can be monogamous if you wish or engage in relational and sexual perversions

*You can be kindly spoken to others and also use Jesus's name as a curse word, call me names, and say sexual things about Jesus your mom would wash your mouth out with for soap for saying
Oh boohoo waa! You got insulted on the internet.

You don't know me, you don't know atheists, you know shit. You come in here spouting your nonsense and expect to get treated like royalty ? Once in a while someone's gonna lose their shit and tell you what a twit you are.

Feel free to carry on whining. Or you could do your stupid condescending thing and pray for me / forgive me or whatever. Oh wait I think that's Blowme's schtick Drinking Beverage

edit: Oh fine. FINE. PJ you are such a muppet. This is the first time I've actually seen you act like a human being and get riled - I guess all the grouchy atheists telling you off does get to you eventually. So: I will not promise to reform my wicked ways, but I will try to remember to be nicer to you in future. And actually on thinking about it, I apologize for the jerk off for Jesus comment - it was a cheap shot.