As atheism rises, America declines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: As atheism rises, America declines
(26-01-2013 06:06 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  It's like saying that global warming is rising with the decline of piracy in the world.
I have it on good authority from His Noodlieness that these are, in fact, linked.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2013, 08:58 PM
(26-01-2013 06:34 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Ahh yes and I'm sure we all remember the great rise of Atheism right before the Great Depression of the 1930's

I'm not quite sure how all the christians can blame the relatively few atheists for their coffers not being as full or for the economy tanking from THEIR eternal greed.

Don't worry greedy bastards, us atheists will save you from your wicked ways.

I don't think that the Fundies wanna be saved, no pun intended.

It's like offering to help someone stuck in a bear trap, but they still want to chew off their own foot instead of taking your help.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
26-01-2013, 09:19 PM
If someone says it then it must be true.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-01-2013, 10:17 PM
(26-01-2013 08:02 AM)kpax Wrote:  Atheism is now to blame for the world's problems.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/p...a-declines

Quote:As the decline of American society persists, it is not coincidence that the atheist movement in the United States is simultaneously growing.
Yup.

It won't be long before we start getting blamed for everything. The stupid fuckers are too blind to see that it was THEIR belief systems that have gotten the world into the sorry state it is in in the first place.

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
26-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Once I saw that the author's name was Peter Heck and looked like this:

[Image: peterheck.jpg]

I knew that what followed was guaranteed to be childish drivel.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 5 users Like Buddy Christ's post
27-01-2013, 12:55 AM
I could just as easily make the argument that our declining economy is evidence that we are winning the Christian God's favor, Jesus wanted us to live in poverty. The poorer we get the closer to God we get, or some such non-sense. Now all we need to do is disband our military...you know, blessed are the meek. It's easy to take two pieces of information and claim whatever the hell you want. What next? Human sacrifice to appease our angry gods? Give me a break.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
27-01-2013, 01:00 AM
(26-01-2013 08:02 AM)kpax Wrote:  Atheism is now to blame for the world's problems.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/p...a-declines

Quote:As the decline of American society persists, it is not coincidence that the atheist movement in the United States is simultaneously growing.

[Image: 3681sb.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
27-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Have you ever heard a death rattle?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
27-01-2013, 06:03 AM

Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2013, 06:12 AM
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.

Atheism is absolutely a boon to society. The less people believe in God, and more self-actualized people are, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words, they are more independent and self-reliant. The more theism rears its ugly head, the more people turn to God as their self-replacement, and this bogs down the system.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post