As atheism rises, America declines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 06:13 AM
RE: As atheism rises, America declines
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.

Well that's one of the biggest pieces of shit I've read in a long time. You know who turns to society as their God-replacement? Destitute fuckers looking for God. Atheists fucking know better. ... Fucking idiot.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-01-2013, 06:35 AM
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.

[Image: SzzSgAQ.png]

Finally, I get a chance to unleash this one!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
27-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Really? This is the stupidest thing you've seen spewed forth from his gob? That's actually tame, compared to his usual fear-driven drivel. No, not just fear, stupefying (and hence stupidifying) terror that one day he'll be gone from the world, once and for all.

[Image: 2008-08-23.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-01-2013, 06:43 AM
I never said it was the stupidest.

It's just incredibly stupid.

Besides, pretty much everything else is too funny and pitiful for such an image.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
27-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and more to the point their relationship with Flying Spaghetti Monster, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their Flying Spaghetti Monster-replacement, and this bogs down the system.

See you at the Stripper Factory!
[+] 2 users Like hedgehog648's post
27-01-2013, 08:33 AM
(26-01-2013 01:00 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Maybe its just me, but does this logo look a bit like a road winding its way up towards a cross on top of a mountain?

[Image: Atheism-Plus.png]
Pronounced the way Americans pronounce it, the word "god" sounds exactly like the Slavic word meaning "vermin" or "a loathsome, disgusting creature".

But that's not all, the Slavic word for god is bog.

Is it just me or does this mean something as well?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
27-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I write about this in my book BELiEVE: A Confrontation with Christianity's Biggest Challenges. Imagine a four-lane highway full of traffic all traveling in one direction. Then suddenly, one singular car traveling the opposite way down the same roadway appears, heading into oncoming traffic. While it's possible that the driver of the one car was the only one who knew the right way and everyone else was just mistaken, logic and rationality would suggest otherwise. It would take an extremely arrogant driver to stick his head out of his sunroof and start screaming at all the other drivers about how dumb they were, without ever pausing to consider he might be in the wrong.
Such is the worldview of the atheist ... or "none." So pardon my lack of excitement at the fact that such an irrational, arrogant and foolish worldview is becoming more common in American culture

Did anyone else read the last part of the article? I pasted it above. His logic (or lack thereof) is so flawed I don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning. He suggests truth is decided by a democratic vote. He's so small minded that it's laughable. What about all those billions of cars of non-Christians (Jews, atheists, Muslims, etc.) heading toward him? I guess you must check your brain at the door in order to be a Christian.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. – Thomas Paine
27-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Wait.....so.....America is declining?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
27-01-2013, 10:00 AM
(27-01-2013 09:18 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Wait.....so.....America is declining?
No. No it isn't. Not unless "declining to believe in God" counts.

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
27-01-2013, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 10:33 AM by smidgen.)
-------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One question that completely refutes atheism diddo97 146 2,498 Today 08:52 PM
Last Post: CiderThinker
  Approaching the Atheism/Theism convo w. someone smileXsmileXsmile 9 207 Today 08:14 AM
Last Post: smileXsmileXsmile
  How Far can You Stretch Atheism? Mr. Slave 4 137 16-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Atheism and the Conversion Factors 5senses 47 1,739 15-07-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Is atheism in Sweden declining Jazki21 1 129 27-06-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Atheism in middle east Jazki21 8 137 26-06-2014 11:49 PM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  Is agnostic atheism a default position or conclusion? Momsurroundedbyboys 32 424 24-06-2014 05:47 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants