As atheism rises, America declines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: As atheism rises, America declines
Why am I not surprised that Egor agrees with the author's uneducated opinion? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-01-2013, 11:22 AM
(27-01-2013 10:00 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 09:18 AM)TrulyX Wrote:  Wait.....so.....America is declining?
No. No it isn't. Not unless "declining to believe in God" counts.

Yes. Yes it is. By almost every measure of economic and societal health.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 11:46 AM
(27-01-2013 09:15 AM)MrBean Wrote:  I write about this in my book BELiEVE: A Confrontation with Christianity's Biggest Challenges. Imagine a four-lane highway full of traffic all traveling in one direction. Then suddenly, one singular car traveling the opposite way down the same roadway appears, heading into oncoming traffic. While it's possible that the driver of the one car was the only one who knew the right way and everyone else was just mistaken, logic and rationality would suggest otherwise. It would take an extremely arrogant driver to stick his head out of his sunroof and start screaming at all the other drivers about how dumb they were, without ever pausing to consider he might be in the wrong.
Such is the worldview of the atheist ... or "none." So pardon my lack of excitement at the fact that such an irrational, arrogant and foolish worldview is becoming more common in American culture

Did anyone else read the last part of the article? I pasted it above. His logic (or lack thereof) is so flawed I don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning. He suggests truth is decided by a democratic vote. He's so small minded that it's laughable. What about all those billions of cars of non-Christians (Jews, atheists, Muslims, etc.) heading toward him? I guess you must check your brain at the door in order to be a Christian.

Jeez Laughat I thought it was you who wrote that stuff... I was all ready to lay into you... buns glazing... then I saw it was a quote... my bad Girl_nails
27-01-2013, 12:45 PM
(27-01-2013 11:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 10:00 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  No. No it isn't. Not unless "declining to believe in God" counts.

Yes. Yes it is. By almost every measure of economic and societal health.
Would you mind expanding on that, Mister Terse?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Technically by correlation, the amount of viewers on honey boo boo has risen and as it has risen so has the decline of america.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
27-01-2013, 01:09 PM
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.
Actually, history indicates that Atheism had absolutely no part whatsoever in shaping the state of the world as it is today. In fact, history demonstrates that almost every single war on earth came as the result of religious beliefs.

From the early Crusades of the Christians, through the Spanish Inquisitions, as well as Catholicism verses Protestantism, and into the modern era of the invasion of Islam, hundreds of millions of lives have been lost and/or utterly destroyed.

What part did atheism play in any of that? Absolutely none.

So before you talk with that mouth of yours, grab a little reasoning and education with that brain of yours ... if it exists anymore and is not absolutely corrupted with false beliefs about some god who was raised from the dead, walked on the water, flew up into the sky, and whom you idiots have been waiting to return to earth for almost 2000 years now.

Seriously? How much of a joke does your religion need to get to be before you actually figure it out?

How can anyone become an atheist when we were all born with no religious beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were ...
BORN THIS WAY
[+] 5 users Like Free's post
27-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Our tiny little minority group is managing to be the downfall of our civilization.

They must be awfully afraid of us.

Gives me hope (for lack of a better term) Sleepy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-01-2013, 01:15 PM
(27-01-2013 01:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Our tiny little minority group is managing to be the downfall of our civilization.

They must be awfully afraid of us.

Gives me hope (for lack of a better term) Sleepy
They surely are afraid. Not of us, but of the advance of reason. Religion is on its deathbed. It may take a long time, but it's on its way out and they know it. And this scares the everloving (or rather, everhating) crap out of them. And I'm glad. Humanity has suffered for too long because of their hate-filled, power-loving fear-mongering.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
27-01-2013, 01:49 PM
(27-01-2013 01:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  Humanity has suffered for too long because of their hate-filled, power-loving fear-mongering.

This isn't solely the preserve of religion. Just religion makes it a hell of a lot easier to be a class A dickhead. So no wonder politicians and all the other assholes who use religion for their own ends are fighting like mad to keep it. They could succeed too Undecided
27-01-2013, 01:57 PM
(27-01-2013 01:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  This isn't solely the preserve of religion. Just religion makes it a hell of a lot easier to be a class A dickhead. So no wonder politicians and all the other assholes who use religion for their own ends are fighting like mad to keep it. They could succeed too Undecided
Oh, I know... Religion was (and is) a way of subjugating the masses.

But it is also a way of crushing the human spirit, as well as our thirst for knowledge. There are some politicians who honestly want to make their country a better place.

Not religion though - only thing it wants, only thing it's ever wanted and will ever want, is to dominate. To control. To smother, suffocate and choke everything that's good and noble about humankind and keep us all in the mire (or bog, if you will Tongue ), scared and terrified, ashamed of being human and full of hate for those who do not want to live their lives, slowly suffocating in the slime of their lies.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post