As atheism rises, America declines

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: As atheism rises, America declines
(27-01-2013 12:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 11:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes. Yes it is. By almost every measure of economic and societal health.
Would you mind expanding on that, Mister Terse?
The U.S. has been steadily dropping in the world rankings in infant mortality, science and math proficiency, literacy, wealth and income equality, health care, murder rates, incarceration rates, national debt, and so on for many years.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-01-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 03:21 PM by kpax.)
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant.

Yes. Because so many Christians are so self-reliant. Atheists are just unemployed, uneducated, dependent jerks.

Tell me why is it that one Christian family I know, the son, has 3 kids, a wife and lives with his Christian parents? And he's almost 30? And he's been doing that since day one? And a neighbor of mine, who is Christian, can't get off her ass to get a job to move her and her two kids out of her parent's house? And the Christian partiers in my neighborhood who seem to party non-stop 24/7.

And me, being an Atheist, raising a kid by herself with no government assistance, working full time AND has a college education?

So to your comment I say a big FUCK YOU to your generalizations because it's an insult to my values, my morals and everything I've worked damn hard for and believe in.

Lazy people come from all types of belief systems just like crime happens by people from all types of belief systems. Doesn't matter the label. America's decline has many factors. That's what makes the author's article...and your generalization...such a fallacy.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like kpax's post
27-01-2013, 03:19 PM
(27-01-2013 01:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Our tiny little minority group is managing to be the downfall of our civilization.

They must be awfully afraid of us.

Gives me hope (for lack of a better term) Sleepy
My thoughts exactly. What are they afraid off.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
27-01-2013, 04:13 PM
(27-01-2013 03:19 PM)smidgen Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 01:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Our tiny little minority group is managing to be the downfall of our civilization.

They must be awfully afraid of us.

Gives me hope (for lack of a better term) Sleepy
My thoughts exactly. What are they afraid off.

Religions don't exactly have the best track record of dealing with threats, instead of adapting, they have instead eradicated those threats to their best ability. Now, they don't have the power to do so, our threat is prevalent and they, being rigid for millennia, and relatively unchallenged for centuries, cannot adapt to us, they feel threatened, I'd say, they are frightened of us, because they know they cannot stop us with another Inquisition, any time soon! Big Grin

It is a good age to be alive.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-01-2013, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 05:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2013 06:41 AM)Vera Wrote:  Really? This is the stupidest thing you've seen spewed forth from his gob? That's actually tame, compared to his usual fear-driven drivel. No, not just fear, stupefying (and hence stupidifying) terror that one day he'll be gone from the world, once and for all.

Oh me. Oh my. What will we ever do without him?

(27-01-2013 02:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 12:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Would you mind expanding on that, Mister Terse?
The U.S. has been steadily dropping in the world rankings in infant mortality, science and math proficiency, literacy, wealth and income equality, health care, murder rates, incarceration rates, national debt, and so on for many years.

And still, the best fucking students on the whole goddam fucking planet would sell their souls to come to our Graduate Schools. The fuck's up with that?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
27-01-2013, 05:45 PM
(27-01-2013 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 06:41 AM)Vera Wrote:  Really? This is the stupidest thing you've seen spewed forth from his gob? That's actually tame, compared to his usual fear-driven drivel. No, not just fear, stupefying (and hence stupidifying) terror that one day he'll be gone from the world, once and for all.

Oh me. Oh my. What will we ever do without him?

(27-01-2013 02:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  The U.S. has been steadily dropping in the world rankings in infant mortality, science and math proficiency, literacy, wealth and income equality, health care, murder rates, incarceration rates, national debt, and so on for many years.

And still, the best fucking students on the whole goddam fucking planet would sell their souls to come to our Graduate Schools. The fuck's up with that?

Because we've got some great fucking universities. The public schools are not so great - some are, most aren't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 05:47 PM
i dont have a problem with the faithful usually but when they start blaming misfortune on magic i tend to get very annoyed. what kind of childlike mind actually thinks like this? sometimes i think it must be a joke of some sort. are these people real? do they really believe this crap?
how does an idiot get a job writting articles?
perhaps he was hired by an idiot?
27-01-2013, 05:54 PM
(27-01-2013 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh me. Oh my. What will we ever do without him?
Ruin, desolation and despair will walk the Earth, driving the masses insane. And we, poor souls, having lost our newfangled saviour, will be cast into the outer darkness, where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-01-2013, 06:06 PM
(27-01-2013 06:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  Atheism is absolutely a detriment to society. The more people believe in God, and more to the point their relationship with God, the less they rely on society to provide for them. In other words they are more independent and self-reliant. The more atheism rears it's ugly head, the more people turn to society as their God-replacement, and this boggs down the system.
9/10 Trolling.
[Image: maximum_b3a973_1828806.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-01-2013, 06:17 PM
(27-01-2013 05:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh me. Oh my. What will we ever do without him?

Because we've got some great fucking universities. The public schools are not so great - some are, most aren't.

The Universities they are coming to are by and large Public Universities.

Breathing - it's more art than science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  One question that completely refutes atheism diddo97 168 3,192 Today 10:11 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Approaching the Atheism/Theism convo w. someone smileXsmileXsmile 9 215 22-07-2014 08:14 AM
Last Post: smileXsmileXsmile
  How Far can You Stretch Atheism? Mr. Slave 4 141 16-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Atheism and the Conversion Factors 5senses 47 1,744 15-07-2014 10:40 AM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Is atheism in Sweden declining Jazki21 1 130 27-06-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Atheism in middle east Jazki21 8 138 26-06-2014 11:49 PM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  Is agnostic atheism a default position or conclusion? Momsurroundedbyboys 32 425 24-06-2014 05:47 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants