As if I needed another reason to hate WoF.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2014, 10:14 AM
As if I needed another reason to hate WoF.
The regional SOLE rock station is going off the air tomorrow.

Rock 93.7 was hands down the best radio station I've ever listened to. They were very much involved in the community. They were also ranked #1 in the rock format. I have been listening and participating since their inception 4 years ago. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say they have done more for the BR/Laf area than any other station... Christian ones included.

They've given away hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes and even flat out cash. They were also big on the local scene and played their songs during peak hours.

All of that is gone tomorrow. Why? Because BBN bought them out.

My blood is boiling over this because 937 was the only station* that played rock/hard rock/classical rock/metal/and other related styles.

Want to see what we have here in BR?

Take a look.

FM
11 religious/gospel
10 hiphop/R&B/pop/rap/etc
5 country

AM
9 religious/gospel
4 hiphop/R&B/pop/rap/etc

So yeah... our area is in DIRE need of another religious radio station. Dodgy

What makes it even worse is that the station was bought out with the dirty money that was stolen from hurting and desperate people.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is a very special place in hell for all WoFers with their treachery, deception, and greed.

BBN has pissed off an entire genre and demographic of people... if they are trying to proselytize; they are going about it wrong. I mean... why shut down the only rock station instead of going after one of the many country or rap stations?

*981 plays classic rock... but that's it. I like new stuff... I mean, I don't mind the occasional 70s or 80s song thrown in the mix, but I don't want to listen to that exclusively. So, to be fair, I guess 937 was the only variety rock station... not the only rock station. On the same note, they did a lot better job than 981 when did they play classical rock.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 12:46 PM by Dark Light.)
RE: As if I needed another reason to hate WoF.
(18-07-2014 10:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The regional SOLE rock station is going off the air tomorrow.

Rock 93.7 was hands down the best radio station I've ever listened to. They were very much involved in the community. They were also ranked #1 in the rock format. I have been listening and participating since their inception 4 years ago. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say they have done more for the BR/Laf area than any other station... Christian ones included.

They've given away hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes and even flat out cash. They were also big on the local scene and played their songs during peak hours.

All of that is gone tomorrow. Why? Because BBN bought them out.

My blood is boiling over this because 937 was the only station* that played rock/hard rock/classical rock/metal/and other related styles.

Want to see what we have here in BR?

Take a look.

FM
11 religious/gospel
10 hiphop/R&B/pop/rap/etc
5 country

AM
9 religious/gospel
4 hiphop/R&B/pop/rap/etc

So yeah... our area is in DIRE need of another religious radio station. Dodgy

What makes it even worse is that the station was bought out with the dirty money that was stolen from hurting and desperate people.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: There is a very special place in hell for all WoFers with their treachery, deception, and greed.

BBN has pissed off an entire genre and demographic of people... if they are trying to proselytize; they are going about it wrong. I mean... why shut down the only rock station instead of going after one of the many country or rap stations?

*981 plays classic rock... but that's it. I like new stuff... I mean, I don't mind the occasional 70s or 80s song thrown in the mix, but I don't want to listen to that exclusively. So, to be fair, I guess 937 was the only variety rock station... not the only rock station. On the same note, they did a lot better job than 981 when did they play classical rock.

I rarely listen to the radio anymore, excepting the occasional talk radio political stuff, which only makes me angry at their stupidity. I don't really know why I even do that (I'm looking as you Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh).

A couple of years ago, when I bought my current vehicle, the first thing I did to it was rip out the stock radio and put in a new one with more options. I bluetooth all my music to my head unit from my phone. All the music I like and no commercials. It's a win/win. Now, I realize for you that this was for more than just the content, and for that other stuff all I can say is "That sucks".

Also, "WoF"? World of Fundamentalists? Whacky old fucktards? Whimsical odd faggots? Wanking ornery fruits?

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
18-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Well KC.....hows your radio voice?

If you can't find what you love. Make it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-07-2014, 11:12 AM
This is why the good lord gave us Pandora, Spotify and Sirius XM. This is not the 1990s. You have options.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
18-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Seriously, I haven't voluntarily listened to the radio since the early 1970s. 99% of the music I like never gets played on the radio anyway, and most of what does get played is either crap, or they play it to death until you're sick of it. So I have been buying the music I like for many years, and for a long time now I have had enough of it so that I never have to listen to the radio. Your mileage may vary.

My condolences to KC, though. If you enjoyed listening to that station (and it was the only one), it would suck to lose it. I can relate to that (if someone stole all my CDs, I'd be in the same boat).
18-07-2014, 11:38 AM
(18-07-2014 11:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is why the good lord gave us Pandora, Spotify and Sirius XM. This is not the 1990s. You have options.

Snarky jackass much?

I'm on a limited budget, have a wife and two kids, and I have a paid off truck.

Since you seem to think money is crapped out of sphincters, next time you wipe, take some toilet paper to the car dealership and buy me a new vehicle that has all those amenities.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure what was snarky about that. And, Pandora and Spotify both have free options.

[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
18-07-2014, 11:46 AM
(18-07-2014 11:08 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, "WoF"? World of Fundamentalists? Whacky old fucktards? Whimsical odd faggots? Wanking ornery fruits?

Ha - yea, what is a WoF, Kingsy? Weird old farts? Shy

I do my public radio station thing; they do classical during the day with 5 minutes of news on the hour and no commercials. I like it because at 3pm they go to All Things Considered and news.
They do jazz all night which would be my preference.
Weekends - are a smattering of local (surprisingly good stuff!) and national shows like Car Talk and This American Life.

There is a public radio station on that list, you might check it out.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-07-2014, 11:53 AM
(18-07-2014 11:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 11:12 AM)BnW Wrote:  This is why the good lord gave us Pandora, Spotify and Sirius XM. This is not the 1990s. You have options.

Snarky jackass much?

I'm on a limited budget, have a wife and two kids, and I have a paid off truck.

Since you seem to think money is crapped out of sphincters, next time you wipe, take some toilet paper to the car dealership and buy me a new vehicle that has all those amenities.

Spotify has a lot of free music. Smile I think pandora does too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Personally, I think Pandora sucks. Spotify is much better. SXM is the best, and I use the app, but that one has a cost.

As for the car, you buy a connector at radio shack and plug it into the cars input jack and your phone and you've got internet radio. My wife used to do that with her iPod on her old car.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post